Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Knights of the Fallen Empire, Where is the hype MMORPG.com?

ZendaiZendai Member UncommonPosts: 115
I know this post is going to fill up with a bunch of SWG bastards doing anything they can to smear SWTOR as usual, especially since MMORPG.com rated it #3 overall best MMO ever, and SWTOR was #19. I fully disagree with this since you cannot just ignore NGE and pretend it didn't happen, and SWTOR has been nothing but consistent in their steady improvement since launch.

KofFE drops TOMORROW, but this site seems nothing but crickets. Why are we not writing some new articles or at least drawing some attention to what appears to be a very good, new addition to SWTOR?

What I want below is everybody who is super excited for the new content to express their joy. I know I won't playing anything else for quite a while after this. So lets see some support and excitement for the continuation of a great story in the most amazing Sci-fi universe!

Comments

• ElalandElaland Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Count me one who's ready to go as soon as I get off work tomorrow.  I'm a PvE kind of guy, and this has been an extremely fun game to play; what's not to love going through the story lines with different professions?  While there have been a few mentions of it on mmorpg.com I too thought there would be more.  I have not noticed any lack of players in SWTOR from beginner characters to the current level 60.  There is a mix of subscription and free-to-play players, the Strongholds were a fun addition if you enjoy a little decorating and crafting, but KofFE is showing to make a lot of changes that look to be pretty good stuff to me.  Bioware has done a good job keeping this game simply fun in a Star Wars universe.  I'm a founder and haven't stopped playing since it began (19 characters most at 60 now).  It was certainly time for some sort of expansion, and now I'll disappear for awhile, lol.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Yep can't wait for it to go live tomorrow. Today last chance to get a free Swoop Bike and early access to Knights of the Fallen Empire! Just click on the link in my sig for 7 free days to check it out. 

Unlike some things in these forums the link is free and gets you into a real already released game!  =)
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I'm actually very stoked, as is @Mikeb. We even planned to have a first impressions from a special event we did, but the server access from BioWare has proven problematic. Ergo, I'll be streaming tomorrow night and Mike (barring server issues) will be writing about it for Wednesday. 

We also just ran this article from Som when he got hands on in California.  I wish we had more for you on embargo drop day tomorrow, but the access to the PTS we were supposed to be given never got fixed by BioWare.  So we're waiting on early access tomorrow just like you.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    I'm stoked but what else is there to say other than "I can't wait"?  Technically I won't be able to play it until the 27th, the new storyline at least as I didn't fall for the marketing scheme of staying subbed for no content for the past 5 months and only recently subbed this week in time for the expansion.  I don't mind as I want to do the class stories on the few classes left I haven't completed and now with improved leveling and level sync, I am more inclined to do that.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Wait.. what.. MMORPG rated SWG as #3 overall best MMO ever ?

AHAHAHA.... ok.

I guess that i must have been playing SWG in a parallel universe then.
  • ZendaiZendai Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I'm actually very stoked, as is @Mikeb. We even planned to have a first impressions from a special event we did, but the server access from BioWare has proven problematic. Ergo, I'll be streaming tomorrow night and Mike (barring server issues) will be writing about it for Wednesday. 

We also just ran this article from Som when he got hands on in California.  I wish we had more for you on embargo drop day tomorrow, but the access to the PTS we were supposed to be given never got fixed by BioWare.  So we're waiting on early access tomorrow just like you.
    I appreciate the post, thanks for noticing this little discussion.

Didn't realize that you had bid for some research time, sorry to hear it didn't work out. I guess it's fair to say official launch is still the 27th. I just wanted to share my excitement, as well as see the communities excitement,  for what looks to be a very good addition to SWTOR. I'm sure you will do it justice in a week!
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I have been playing the 12x xp and am disappointed that it is going away.  I just finished my 8th toon to 55 last night, one of each class, and think I will leave once the subscription time ends. 

I don't raid and think the group content is below average.  I don't like the sound of the changes that are coming down so I am not excited at all. 

The 12x xp was the best thing they ever did.  I probably would have played each class twice if they had kept it.  

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    No hype here. It's just changes trying to wipe the mess of it's previous history from development, buyout and sell out to F2P. A complete history of bungled management.

Game is fun on many levels, disastrous on many others. They are trying to reshape the game into what it should have been but will never do so on it's terrible engine. I'm simply done with it is all.

You stay sassy!

• NukeGamerNukeGamer Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 309
    Shodanas said:

AHAHAHA.... ok.

I agree its by far the most over rated game.  Its the 'cool' thing right now to pretend it was something it clearly was not.  
    edited October 2015

MMOman101 said:
    I have been playing the 12x xp and am disappointed that it is going away.  I just finished my 8th toon to 55 last night, one of each class, and think I will leave once the subscription time ends. 

I don't raid and think the group content is below average.  I don't like the sound of the changes that are coming down so I am not excited at all. 

The 12x xp was the best thing they ever did.  I probably would have played each class twice if they had kept it.  
    The xp curve has been adjusted properly. 12x xp was only ever a stopgap to a more major issue. 12x xp was also far too much and on a completely broken leveling path that did not align with nearly any other system.

They have reshaped everything to align together and you still level very fast through the newly clearly marked story quests. They have reshaped the game around the type of player who you actually admit to being. Metrics have shown who their main player base is; the casual player there for story is the main focus. If anything you should be very happy.

You stay sassy!

• bone15bone15 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    SWTOR is the worst shit ever.. it has no content. and is ugly as hell. and its star wars.. pretty much sums it up. utterly crap
    bone15 said:
    SWTOR is the worst shit ever.. it has no content. and is ugly as hell. and its star wars.. pretty much sums it up. utterly crap

You stay sassy!

Tamanous said:

MMOman101 said:

The xp curve has been adjusted properly. 12x xp was only ever a stopgap to a more major issue. 12x xp was also far too much and on a completely broken leveling path that did not align with nearly any other system.

They have reshaped everything to align together and you still level very fast through the newly clearly marked story quests.
    12x xp was perfect for my play style in SWTOR.  I never cared about crafting, and from what I understand there is going to be no reason to care about it now.   Companion affection will be a little easier, but not enough to make much of a difference. 

I understand they will make the leveling planet and class quests.  That just means that you will have to do the plant quests for each toon over and over and over again.  No thanks.  Makeb was a pain because it was the same damn thing for each toon.  I don't see how this is going to change and I don't want to have to do the same quests over and over. 

SWTOR is a good story based MMO.  The grouping/crafting/PVP are all below average to me.  Playing the same planetary story quests 4 times for both factions is not something I willing to do. 

Great thing about games though.  They makes changes and we vote with our wallets.  I will check it out but I don't like the down leveling, the companion changes where they fill any role and all gear is cosmetic. 

To each their own.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    i cant wait to get home from work and play tomarrow :)
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    NukeGamer said:
    Shodanas said:

AHAHAHA.... ok.

I agree its by far the most over rated game.  Its the 'cool' thing right now to pretend it was something it clearly was not.  
    Yea, they're two completely different games. Both have their respective strengths & weaknesses.

OT Aside: Ain't no jail built that can hold us! Aye, brother? 
    -Chuckles
    Tamanous said:
    No hype here. It's just changes trying to wipe the mess of it's previous history from development, buyout and sell out to F2P. A complete history of bungled management.

Game is fun on many levels, disastrous on many others. They are trying to reshape the game into what it should have been but will never do so on it's terrible engine. I'm simply done with it is all.
    Hey 2011 would like their hater talking points back.  I would personally like to welcome you to 2015 where SWTOR has been one of the top western MMORPGS year after year in Revenue.  

Now that doesnt sound like a 'complete history of bungled management' to most people, only the people the OP was referring to.  Nice try though.  
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:

Hey 2011 would like their hater talking points back.  I would personally like to welcome you to 2015 where SWTOR has been one of the top western MMORPGS year after year in Revenue.  

Now that doesnt sound like a 'complete history of bungled management' to most people, only the people the OP was referring to.  Nice try though.  
    Where are you getting the revenue numbers compared to other MMOs year after year? 

I don't know where it ranks in revenue or profit.  I just wonder where you are getting data to back this claim up.

--John Ruskin

NukeGamer said:
    Shodanas said:

AHAHAHA.... ok.

Yea, they're two completely different games. Both have their respective strengths & weaknesses.

OT Aside: Ain't no jail built that can hold us! Aye, brother? 
    LOL no there ain't !  They can't hold us back!  
    edited October 2015
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:

I simply game my current opinion based on play history (very long in this game. Day one early release collectors edition) and facts. 

You may want to consider who the hater is here. My follow up post clearly tried to clear up some facts for another player so they WOULD try these changes and likely enjoy them.

You clearly do not know the history of this game. The fact the development team bankrupted Bioware forcing the sellout to EA. That EA fired the management team in charge of SW:Tor because of their gross mismanagement. The terrible engine that limits this game's potential. The current success of the game is entirely based upon F2P, gambling box whale hunting. 

Sw:tor is not a game I can play anymore. It's history has led it to this point where they must reshape the entire game because of it's previous errors. This is all a very good thing for both the game and it's core player base. 

This is all fact. My opinion is that I am done with it. My opinion. I played the game for years and am simply done with it. I am telling NOT A SINGLE SOUL to not play this game.

This is how a mature adult expresses their opinions while people like you are so rapped up in internet hate culture that you cannot accept that someone does not share your opinion. I both applaud and criticize this game. I always have and always will. It is called an independent mind. Learn to gain one.

You stay sassy!

MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:

Where are you getting the revenue numbers compared to other MMOs year after year? 

I don't know where it ranks in revenue or profit.  I just wonder where you are getting data to back this claim up.
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/20/5920815/list-of-mmos-by-revenue-warcraft-old-republic

http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/11/perfect-ten-the-top-10-healthiest-live-mmos/

places like this....

And their financial reports compared to other games that release their reports. 
    edited October 2015
    NukeGamer said:
    MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/20/5920815/list-of-mmos-by-revenue-warcraft-old-republic

places like this....

Stop being a scrub and read my post history on this game. I know ALL OF THIS. I know more than you  (I am a previous Bioware contractor).  Following mmo development is my hobby. Stop trying to convince someone with useless facts.

I gave my opinion. How much money a game earns through f2p gambling addict/whale hunting does not sell me on a game. In fact, it utterly kills it for me. There is nothing you can do to convince me that your love affair with this game will make me play it again. Stop being a child and making pointless arguments.

You stay sassy!

Tamanous said:
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:

I simply game my current opinion based on play history (very long in this game. Day one early release collectors edition) and facts. 

You may want to consider who the hater is here. My follow up post clearly tried to clear up some facts for another player so they WOULD try these changes and likely enjoy them.

You clearly do not know the history of this game. The fact the development team bankrupted Bioware forcing the sellout to EA. HAHA this is not a FACT lol this is a 2012 hater topic

That EA fired the management team in charge of SW:Tor because of their gross mismanagement. The terrible engine that limits this game's potential. The current success of the game is entirely based upon F2P, gambling box whale hunting. Again NOT a fact as they still bring in over half their Revenue from SUBS

Sw:tor is not a game I can play anymore. It's history has led it to this point where they must reshape the entire game because of it's previous errors. This is all a very good thing for both the game and it's core player base. My point was a fact...you are nothing more than a hater the OP was referring to.  Big deal you try to fool people by pretending to make 'positive post' 

This is all fact. My opinion is that I am done with it. My opinion. I played the game for years and am simply done with it. I am telling NOT A SINGLE SOUL to not play this game. NOTHING your wrote was a fact lol they are all hater talking points from 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014!  Time to move on

This is how a mature adult expresses their opinions while people like you are so rapped up in internet hate culture that you cannot accept that someone does not share your opinion. I both applaud and criticize this game. I always have and always will. It is called an independent mind. Learn to gain one. YOU are the one complaining about a video game you dont play.  Dont try and turn it on me as you got called out for posting the 2011 garbage and then try to come back with your so called 'facts' when NONE of them were facts.  
    Again sorry no facts, just bias opinions on a VIDEO GAME you DONT PLAY.  
    edited October 2015
    Tamanous said:
    NukeGamer said:
    MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:

places like this....

Stop being a scrub and read my post history on this game. I know ALL OF THIS. I know more than you  (I am a previous Bioware contractor).  Following mmo development is my hobby. Stop trying to convince someone with useless facts.

Oh the wonders of the internet you can say and pretend to be anything you want to be...

Yes actually facts are useless facts to people like you who make up their own pretend jobs and facts...

Its amazing how many 'I work in the industry' people are on this site.  It gets about .0001% of the MMORPG player base.  If you guys worked in the industry you wouldn't be crying about a VIDEO GAME you DONT PLAY on this site.  

Im not trying to convince you of anything.  I am merely pointing out you are who the OP was referring to.  And correcting you on all your hater topic you clearly have on a spreadsheet on your desktop.  

Being a child would be QQing about a VIDEO GAME YOU DONT PLAY...Clearly that is not something I am doing here....
    NukeGamer said:
    MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:

places like this....

The second link is useless.

The first link is interesting.  I did some research and the data is from 2013 though.  I don't know much about SuperData.  I also don't know where they get their info or how unbiased they are. 

If you have ever looked at a 10k or know much about business accounting you already know that getting information about specific games and how much companies actually make on any game is very difficult.  Moreover, not all companies have to follow the same rules, since not all MMOs are run by companies in the same region and under the same legal obligations. 

--John Ruskin

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    SWTOR has one HUGE problem that this expansion wont address, the combat is old school WoW style MMO combat, its not fun, I have much more fun fighting in KOTOR because it was strategic, SWTOR isnt strategic or action its just a typical MMO combat system. Lack of AoEs make PvE not near as fun as it could be and with free games like Wildstar, Skyforge, Guild Wars 2 there is no reason to play this anymore.

Mystery Bounty