Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could TOS do in SC?

BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
Found this very interesting http://nosygamer.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/star-citizen-alpha-access-and-space.html

Up until 1 February 2015, the Star Citizen Terms of Service contained this clause:
"RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the pledge items and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date. However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a promise by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of the deposit shall not be refundable until and unless RSI has failed to deliver the pledge items and/or the Game to youwithin 12 months after the estimated delivery date."

So the original terms of service basically promised a delivery date for Star Citizenno later than November 2015, or next month. Needless to say, that will not happen, so CiG changed the ToS on 1 February 2015 to read:
"RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the pledge items and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date communicated to you on the Website.  However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a firm promise and may be extended by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of your Pledge shall not be refundable until and unless RSI has failed to deliver the relevant pledge items and/or the Game to you within eighteen (18) months after the estimated delivery date."
Pretty sneaky, Mr. Roberts. The only problem is, how do you get people who thought they only had beta access to click on a link to accept the new ToS?

Brings up some interesting points. Wonder if this could end up causing major problems for CIG and Mr. Roberts?
I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Brenics said:
    **stuff**
    The TOS issue has been discussed ad nauseum already. Many (most ?) people have accepted all changes to the TOS. The author of the article you linked says: "I seriously doubt Roberts wants to give out refunds.."
    But CIG IS giving refunds. And its not really that hard ... send a second letter explaining your reasons and stating again that you want a refund and .... you get it.

Thing is .... a million backers ... and only 2000 or so wanted a refund. And they got it.

Maybe ... just MAYBE ... there are NOT hordes of hundredthousands of wailing gamers ante portas of CIG, screaming for blood and refunds.

Maybe ... just MAYBE ... this is an issue absolutely blown out of proportion .... because if people are really THAT concerned, they can stop supporting the project and get a refund easily.

Have fun
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    LOL or maybe it isn't and with all the advertising you and others are doing is actually spot on and why CR needs to sell a LOT more ships. If you really think about it that makes a lot more sense than anything else. 

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Brenics said:
    LOL or maybe it isn't and with all the advertising you and others are doing is actually spot on and why CR needs to sell a LOT more ships. If you really think about it that makes a lot more sense than anything else. 
    If you're coming at this from speculation, backed by ignorance, and padded by commentary of people that want to see the project burn (be it for competitor reasons; needing attention; or 20+ year personal vendettas).
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    If this bothers you and you want a refund you'll be in the .002 percent category.  That might tell you something.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    That would bring them trouble only if they had enough people looking refund that they'd be in trouble even without the change.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    You know what is cool, anyone that says anything against SC they are attacked from all sides. I really do love it, it does show how protective people connected to SC and CR are. 

They start calling you names ignorant and do what ever they can in their power to shut up anything negative toward the game that isn't even made yet. That says more about the non-game than anything else. 

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Brenics said:
    You know what is cool, anyone that says anything against SC they are attacked from all sides. I really do love it, it does show how protective people connected to SC and CR are. 

They start calling you names ignorant and do what ever they can in their power to shut up anything negative toward the game that isn't even made yet. That says more about the non-game than anything else. 
    Or quite a few people simply disagree with your point of view - and tell you that.

Have fun
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543
    Brenics said:

You know what is even more cool? People who attack and say whatever negative crap they feel like about the game, then complain that positive supporters are attacking them when they defend their position.

I am not saying which side is right, just that both sides blindly defend their side of the argument. 
This discussion has been closed.