Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth starting this game again?

124»

Comments

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    If what you don't like about SWTOR is on a fundamental level such as the maze-like planet design, the cartoonish graphics, or the character animations, then there's no point in going back.

If what you didn't like about the game was on a feature level, such as group finder, or UI customization, then I would go back and see what's changed.

The fundamentals will probably never change, but the feature set might.  So what you need to do is decide "Why didn't I like this game when I quit?" and write those things down.  Then check to see which ones are fundamental game design issues and which ones are features.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    JudgeUK said:
    Answer:

People who like the game => Yes! You'll be glad you gave it a second go.
    People who don't like the game => No! You'll be wasting you're time giving it a second go.

Don't make a decision based on the sometimes extreme views expressed on here. Load up the game, play the ftp option for a while, see if you like it.
    He said it got a bit tedious, maybe worth mentioning that with subscribing he can get 12x the xp and play only class missions and reach lvl cap in a few hours.

There is 3d space combat, housing, more pvp with arenas, etc from the last time he played

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Housing is nice they give you a lot of space.  I here special operation missions can now be run solo. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    don't forget that with the new expansion that you do not have to worry about gearing your companions anymore, and that you can choose whether you want them to tank/heal/dps on the fly.  Plus all the crafting changes, plus the combat changes, plus the level sync so you can always go back to other planets and do side quests as an option if you want to.
  • ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Did i understand it right and does the new expansion basically enable 12x xp for everyone? As the devs stated only the 'critical path' quests have to be done to get to max level (class/planet storylines). 

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Not 12x, more like 6x. Since you have roughly equal number of class/planetary arch quests on each planet.
  • ElenosElenos Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Now would be a good time to go back with the new expansion, you can hop directly lvl 60 and enjoy the new content