Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha Invites Coming Via Social Networks | Black Desert | MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageAlpha Invites Coming Via Social Networks | Black Desert | MMORPG.com

Folks looking to get into the EU-NA version of Black Desert Online will want to check out Daum's Reddit stream for a listing of sites that will be giving out alpha keys in the near future. At the moment all BDO's social sites will be giving out keys as well as several BDO fan sites. Others will be added as the date for alpha testing nears.

Read the full story here

Comments

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    i dont think im alone when I say key grab distribution via social media sucks.

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Well I guess social media key grab is better than selling them for 150$. I have a feeling that will happen later, but at least some people will get them for free. I'm just glad to see some progress on this after almost nothing being said for months. I hope this isn't going to be a long drawn out testing process for a game that has already been released like most Korean games seem to do.
    all very good points i actually gave up on seeing it in north america a long time ago and started playing in Korea where I invested in it. Literally shocked me to hear they made an office for EU/NA a while back. and im with you on the long drawn out alpha/beta process.

• ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
    In fairness, not all of the keys will be given away via social media. That's one way. Fan sites and later full game sites (we hope to be one!) will also be giving some away as well. :)
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Shelassa said:
    In fairness, not all of the keys will be given away via social media. That's one way. Fan sites and later full game sites (we hope to be one!) will also be giving some away as well. :)
    well you need to go ask and see if you can be one .
    You just never know, eh? We'll do our best to make it happen. ;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    We don't just need your best, we need you to do your bestest, okay????
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Is there an EU-NA website up yet where you can signup for information and apply for invites?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    played the russian EN patch and was FAR from impressed once again another game hyped to death that is just another asian crapfest sans archeage. Its kinda like that movie the American President, " They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand. "
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    psiic said:
    played the russian EN patch and was FAR from impressed once again another game hyped to death that is just another asian crapfest sans archeage. Its kinda like that movie the American President, " They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand. "
    And you weren't impressed because ... come on man, give real information that people can use. The things that didn't impress you might be non-factors for some and might help steer others away.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Sovrath said:
    psiic said:
    And you weren't impressed because ... come on man, give real information that people can use. The things that didn't impress you might be non-factors for some and might help steer others away.
    I think psiic is talking about the horrid english patch for the russian client.  That should not be confused with the quality work the NA/EU client will have ( i hope ).  

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Sovrath said:
    psiic said:
    I think psiic is talking about the horrid english patch for the russian client.  That should not be confused with the quality work the NA/EU client will have ( i hope ).  

nah, he goes on to talk about the game itself.

I strongly suspect his criticisms are the same that we've already seen so anyone buying into this game should be up to speed on what it offers and what it doesn't.

At least if they have been following it or at least bothered to do a little research. But they probably won't.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Getting an alpha key would be nice. Nonetheless, once the digital download is available, it should come with beta events and other other goodies. Just hope it comes out sooner rather than later ;)
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    psiic said:

I strongly suspect his criticisms are the same that we've already seen so anyone buying into this game should be up to speed on what it offers and what it doesn't.

At least if they have been following it or at least bothered to do a little research. But they probably won't.
    This ^ . The game itself is a piece of crap. I am sure no matter what I would say the fanbois and game sites paid to advertise it will run me over the fire, but it is the same old asian trash as always maybe with a crap ton more plants and buildings and boxes and npcs and garbage everywhere to give the impression its a more lush world, but its the same crap from the perfect world style character creator on.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited October 2015
    Playing this on the RU server and so far incredibly impressed.  It has the best character creator I've ever seen, probably the best graphics in an MMO I've seen, and probably the best combat system.

The quests seem great too although it's hard to tell with the English translation.  

Just tons of neat little things that other MMOs don't have, like being able to climb, capture mounts, the fact that your mounts don't just automatically spawn and can be attacked.

I'm eager to see the full english version so I can understand better systems like having workers and trade.

In the meantime I'm having a lot of fun.  The combat system alone makes this the most promising MMO in ages, but it has a hell of a lot more.  Polish everywhere.

Just one example of the game's innovation- you can auto run anywhere, or to from quest objectives.  This keeps the large open world space meaningful but it's not annoying, and it doesn't have to rely on artificial things like teleports, meaning you'll see people everywhere and the instance-less world has a massive feeling.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Thanks holdenhamlet!, that was very informative compared to what psiic was able to say.
    psiic said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    psiic said:

This ^ . The game itself is a piece of crap. I am sure no matter what I would say the fanbois and game sites paid to advertise it will run me over the fire, but it is the same old asian trash as always maybe with a crap ton more plants and buildings and boxes and npcs and garbage everywhere to give the impression its a more lush world, but its the same crap from the perfect world style character creator on.
    you honestly just compared the character creator to PWI? what Planet are you from?

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    psiic said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    psiic said:

I don't even understand what you're whining about.  I highly doubt the game is a "piece of crap".  Looks to me like an average mmo with very nice graphics.  

What hype are you even talking about?  Black desert barely has any coverage.   A game like Wildstar was overhyped, I couldn't go to a single mmo site without seeing something about it being the second coming of the mmo genre.  It's not even close with black desert.  Seems to me that you disliked the game...probably due to some ridiculous unreachable expectations, so when the one black desert article pops up every three weeks you just have to jump on your soap box.  

And I have no idea why you seem to think your opinions are unique in any way.  At least half the posts in any thread regarding black desert are negative as is, you're not going to get run over by "fanboys".  Regardless the game will probably be dead a couple months after launch, so you can rest easy knowing your bitching served a purpose.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited October 2015
    Nasa said:
    Thanks holdenhamlet!, that was very informative compared to what psiic was able to say.
    Sure np.  I am thinking about doing a video showcasing the unique aspects of the game.  I want a little more experience with it first though and I want to figure out the trade and crafting systems and things like that.

As for psiic, I really don't understand where he/she is coming from.  Maybe a prejudice against asian games in general?  I'm not sure but I'm confident once people get their hands on the game they'll see that what he/she is saying makes no sense.

There ARE a couple things that worry me about the game.  Apparently there's not much of an endgame to speak of and I have no idea how the PVP works (although I'm really looking forward to it because of the combat system).  But seriously the beginning of the game is the most impressive thing I've ever played.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Jonnyp2 said:
    psiic said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    psiic said:

I don't even understand what you're whining about.  I highly doubt the game is a "piece of crap".  Looks to me like an average mmo with very nice graphics.  

What hype are you even talking about?  Black desert barely has any coverage.   A game like Wildstar was overhyped, I couldn't go to a single mmo site without seeing something about it being the second coming of the mmo genre.  It's not even close with black desert.  Seems to me that you disliked the game...probably due to some ridiculous unreachable expectations, so when the one black desert article pops up every three weeks you just have to jump on your soap box.  

And I have no idea why you seem to think your opinions are unique in any way.  At least half the posts in any thread regarding black desert are negative as is, you're not going to get run over by "fanboys".  Regardless the game will probably be dead a couple months after launch, so you can rest easy knowing your bitching served a purpose.
    There's a few diehards hyping it a lot on these forums. Especially after Archeage disappointed them. I think that's what hype they are referring to.

• UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Shelassa said:
    Yes really hoping you guys get some keys for us as well
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    It's a much better Tera with a bit of archeage thrown In there. The endgame is a bit weak tho and needs more. The pvp could be good.. but on the Korean version it's pretty strict on PK.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124
    @holdenhamlet - Would love to see your video highlighting the aspects of this game when you get around to it. Been looking forward to this game for quite a while.
  • darkness2468darkness2468 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Would love to see your videos of you leveling etc, dont forget there localising it for the west!
    ikcin said:
    Great graphics, good combat, many additional activities, pretty design, that is Black Desert on the first side. On the second - exclusively solo PvE, lack of mechanics for cooperation in the PvP, very greedy publisher, who treats the game as a dress up shop, and breaks the design and the immersion with absurd or simply stupid costumes. In conclusion this is an average game, with great graphics.

• z0mb13n1njaz0mb13n1nja Member UncommonPosts: 27
    does anyone know where we put in the keys once we have them? i cant seem to find an na sign up page