Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for classic, gear progression mmorpg

StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
Hi folks, I am looking for a gear progression, pve oriented mmorpg with dungeons and group contend. The last two really big mmorpgs were wow till wotlk, aion and realm reborn. Is there sonething simmilar out there? Action combat would be nice but not a must have and i like medieval more like sci fi. Hope you can help :-)

Comments

• User836User836 Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Sounds like Age of Conan could be a good fit for you. Make sure you start on the Crom server since that's where the PvEers hang out. The population and the groups are heavily shifted towards end game so I'd recommend blowing through the levelling process with XP potions and such (replay with an alt later if you want to really enjoy the story, but I assume you want to get to the dungeons and raids ASAP). Join an active guild.
    You can F2P first if you'd like, all the way to level cap, but the most played endgame dungeons and most of the "progression" requires you to sub AND buy the expansion (totally worth it though :) )

Best dungeons and raids I ever played. Best atmosphere. Best combat system (action-tab hybrid). ((all opinions subjective of course))
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited October 2015
    So many of these types of games. FFXIV, Rift, EQ2, Neverwinter, even WildStar (sci fi, but a lot like WoW in my opinion, and "action" combat, though).

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I'd want to add to this and ask the same question with the addition of - A game that is not 5 years old and still has low level players progressing through it, so as to not make it feel like a ghost town for the first week of playing.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    d_20 said:
    So many of these types of games. FFXIV, Rift, EQ2, Neverwinter, even WildStar (sci fi, but a lot like WoW in my opinion, and "action" combat, though).
    ^ I'd also add ESO and SWTOR to that list
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile