Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the main factors that cause disappointment with an MMO?

1235»

Comments

• jc234jc234 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Antiquated said:
    #1 source of mmo disappointment: Forums.

Aw, we think using the number sign--with, you know, an actual number--is a hashtag? That's adorable, website guys.
    #hashtagwithnumberisahashtag
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Claustrophobic environments: just blasting through "tunnels" of content
    Action Combat: I want an RPG, not a FPS. If I wanted an FPS, I would play an FPS
    Character stories: Cliche savior stories that belong in a single player game, L2writeForSetting
    Classes for all seasons: stick to Heroic archetypes and leave customization to the players

• SinistSinist Member RarePosts: 1,369
    Sinist said:
    hyperbole
      Failure to state.

Who are you talking to? What is your specific point? Make your argument so it can be assessed.

Hyperbole
    I don't think you understand what that word means.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    For me it is when I log in and it feels like a solo game with a chat room. We need more MMO's that promote community and socializing outside of guilds and raids. When you can craft everything solo, farm solo, quest solo, megaserver where you won't see the same faces day in day out, auction house....it just kills any chance for community. A guild should be your family within the server community, not your entire community.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Made in Korea.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• ZukapeZukape Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Bunch of chinese botters.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Pala said:
    Too easy, too solo, too limited, too much on rails.
    Pretty much this.

Also i'd like to add too fast paced exp curve, too little skills in a quick bar, stats that are too few and poorly explained, too much focus on story and not a world, uninteresting combat (they all play like 'make x combo points and hit finisher' now), PvP with no meaning other than to be a moba inside an mmorpg (or PvE with no meaning other than to have something to do before you can enter the moba part), and i could go on and on if i went for details..

I'm also disappointed with the fact that the only games i'm looking forward is the official L2 classic realm and a private server of another game that launches tomorrow, and this was supposed to be an era with so much MMO games you can't possible play them all even if you wanted to.

Massive disappointment.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    The one thing I look for and find just about every MMO any more is how dumbed down is the game?....Is the game world one of exploration or just NPC/Mobs scattered around to do quests?
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    After play all kind game and types 
    I can say! very clear

Problem most in case dont find itself in game 
    But in people around you 

Its not work if you want do High end Raid and find yourself in casual game with thousand casual players 
    Its not work you want go farm something but need 2-4 people to do that , and you derp guild spend all day jump everywhere 
    Its not work you wish go pvp , but damm guildcrafter dont login to do you weapon/armor 
    Its point you can do better do alone while group , you groupmate its wrong better find someone else 
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    d_20 said:
    I edited the original question in the title and the post to make it not a troll bait thread. I guess the original was potentially too pointed.

The first thing that came to my sick mind was erectile dysfunction.  To be serious now and please excuse that last comment I just had to type that.

I would say grindy gear endgame scenarios. Also, pay to lose that gives a player a distinct advantage.