Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria | Crafting & Professions | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageChronicles of Elyria | Crafting & Professions | MMORPG

Learn about how Chronicles of Elyria uses skill challenges, item specialization, component-based construction, and recyclable materials to create an immersive, customizable crafting system.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    The depth and detail to this crafting is so nice. It should be a creative crafters dream. For those interested in just cookie cutter grinding its best to rethink your plans.
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Looks amazing!
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • RhaegysRhaegys Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Yes, I love the way this system is heading! All the different parts of the system makes it really alluring and certainly far from monotonous!
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Is there gameplay footage of this? how many players is this game going to attract, hype is near 0 outside of this website.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • bryanettebryanette Member UncommonPosts: 41
    How is it going to handle the hackers since the item quality depends on client side clicking?
    bryanette said:
    How is it going to handle the hackers since the item quality depends on client side clicking?
    Well not client-side clicking, I am sure they will sort that out.
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

JDis25 said:
    Is there gameplay footage of this? how many players is this game going to attract, hype is near 0 outside of this website.
    The image is from in-game unfiltered, vids are coming soon I believe. Hype is starting to form outside MMORPG

edited October 2015
    Zultra said:
    bryanette said:
    Well not client-side clicking, I am sure they will sort that out.
    lol by that screen is so client-side. You just write macro that fallows the line exactly and they can't do nothing. Thats exactly why there's no thing like that in any mmo
    Zultra said:
    JDis25 said:
    The image is from in-game unfiltered, vids are coming soon I believe. Hype is starting to form outside MMORPG
    Those images are not ingame, take a look: image image Lolwut, that doesn't look even like a half of the quality of the other screens, also everything including sunlight, blur of the foreground looks exactly the same. So those are just fakes and means there's no gameplay at all most probably, only bullshots.
    bryanette said:

Those images are not ingame, take a look: Lolwut, that doesn't look even like a half of the quality of the other screens, also everything including sunlight, blur of the foreground looks exactly the same. So those are just fakes and means there's no gameplay at all most probably, only bullshots.

They are legit pictures, I can tell you this because I have seen other pictures, they put the camera at the same exact location. 

lol but it means that there's not even one pixel moving on this "gameplay" so its just empty scene with poor quality models and lighting. I smell GreedMonger.
  • AlzuuleAlzuule Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited October 2015
    Bryanette have you seen them asking for any money? nope cause they arent, its funded by the owner of the companies own wallet.

When they do ask for money there will be videos and have been  a demo out at various conventions.
  • JeromyWalshJeromyWalsh Soulbound StudiosMember UncommonPosts: 134
    bryanette said:
    lol but it means that there's not even one pixel moving on this "gameplay" so its just empty scene with poor quality models and lighting. I smell GreedMonger.
    Hey Bryanette,

Thanks for taking the time to raise interest in the game. Each time you bump the thread it sends more people to our community website! Much appreciated.

As to your observation, they are in fact the same shot. We often find an angle we like and take multiple pictures - some with the character, some without, and even some with and without the UI that we've held onto until later.

Since you haven't been a part of the community long, you likely haven't been in IRC when we shared the building of that particular alleyway with the community. Many people have seen it with multiple day/night cycles, different objects in the area, and even the camera at multiple angles. In fact, I just dug up the early concept and a few of the WIP screenshots from that area of the town.

You'll notice it has different weather, different objects, etc... Give me a few more minutes and I can give you radically different angles. Point is, just because one shot has a character in it, and another doesn't, doesn't mean they're not in-game shots.

Jeromy Walsh, 
    Owner/CEO of Soulbound Studios
    ChroniclesOfElyria.com
    edited October 2015
    Yup, it states everywhere Kickstarter's incoming. Just like old good GreedMonger - but lets hope I am wrong, the design and features are so freaking cool, but same thing were by GreedMonger. Damn, looks like I'v just felt trickered so many times looking for my perfect MMO.
  • AlzuuleAlzuule Member UncommonPosts: 15
    It says there will be a crowdfunding campaign, but as of yet theres not even a donate button. They have stated that before the crowdfunding campaign there will be a ton of information released including videos of the game in action.
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Everything I've read so far is excellent, the systems they've devised are deep and immersive - so hope they can pull it all off!
    saker said:
    Everything I've read so far is excellent, the systems they've devised are deep and immersive - so hope they can pull it all off!
    Trust me, they will. 

bryanette said:
    Hey Bryanette,

Thanks for taking the time to raise interest in the game. Each time you bump the thread it sends more people to our community website! Much appreciated.

As to your observation, they are in fact the same shot. We often find an angle we like and take multiple pictures - some with the character, some without, and even some with and without the UI that we've held onto until later.

Since you haven't been a part of the community long, you likely haven't been in IRC when we shared the building of that particular alleyway with the community. Many people have seen it with multiple day/night cycles, different objects in the area, and even the camera at multiple angles. In fact, I just dug up the early concept and a few of the WIP screenshots from that area of the town.

You'll notice it has different weather, different objects, etc... Give me a few more minutes and I can give you radically different angles. Point is, just because one shot has a character in it, and another doesn't, doesn't mean they're not in-game shots.

That's how pro should act against a trolls like me, kudos!
  • JeromyWalshJeromyWalsh Soulbound StudiosMember UncommonPosts: 134
    Thanks, bryanette. And just to dispel any more rumors of our images being Photoshop.... 

As others have stated. 100% in-game renders. And don't worry yourself about game-play videos. We're waiting for the right time, but they're coming. Chronicles of Elyria is very real, and we're not even 1/2 way done with our design journals yet.
    4.jpg 492.3K
    3.jpg 452.4K
    2.jpg 363K
    1.jpg 489.9K
    5.jpg 525.3K
    Jeromy Walsh, 
    Owner/CEO of Soulbound Studios
    ChroniclesOfElyria.com
  • FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Woot! Souzou was saying you might show us some UI stuff soon over on the forums. Really wondering about the maps and stuff next week.
  • AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    You say that ressources will become more valuable with time, does it mean that once the mines are depleted, there is no more mining in the game ? How does that even work ? Animals will stop respawning once the maximum number of skins have been gathered ?
    Azoth said:
    You say that ressources will become more valuable with time, does it mean that once the mines are depleted, there is no more mining in the game ? How does that even work ? Animals will stop respawning once the maximum number of skins have been gathered ?
    Animals will reproduce via breeding so yes it is possible to make lets say rabbits extinct but it will be down right hard to do so, yes in theory all Iron could be mined but if it is in a density even close to earths then that will take a while.

Azoth said:

There IS a limited amount of metals in the world, but i think it will be unlikely for us to mine it all out in 10 years.

After a few years alot of the easy to get to mines will be used up though meaning we will have to venture into deeper and deeper wilds to get the good stuff. Think California gold rush.
    Zultra said:
    Azoth said:
    Animals will reproduce via breeding so yes it is possible to make lets say rabbits extinct but it will be down right hard to do so, yes in theory all Iron could be mined but if it is in a density even close to earths then that will take a while.
    UO tried that, didn't work. Never underestimate the destructive power of gamers ...

If what you say guys is true, ressources are limited but almost impossible to deplete. So from a player perspective, it's not limited at all. Miners will mines in the same holes for months ? 
    Azoth said:
    Zultra said:
    Azoth said:
    UO tried that, didn't work. Never underestimate the destructive power of gamers ...

If what you say guys is true, ressources are limited but almost impossible to deplete. So from a player perspective, it's not limited at all. Miners will mines in the same holes for months ? 
    Stuff being limited in a reagon still maters. if the mine goes dry the town will bust and things will change. Thats the whole point, things will change as time passes and players take action.
    Falendor said:
    Azoth said:
    Zultra said:
    Azoth said:

Stuff being limited in a reagon still maters. if the mine goes dry the town will bust and things will change. Thats the whole point, things will change as time passes and players take action.
    Is this all speculation on your part or is there any more details on this system ? It sound all good on paper, and I could only see it working if the game world is huge (like 500 times bigger than the biggest mmorpg we ever got). If not, the world will be tapped out in a month.