Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes 2015 AMA With Ryolnir And Lord!

Comments

• Tiger483Tiger483 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Any plans for Captain America? The visual update looks awesome btw. Cap has pretty much 1 to 2 viable builds that center around the same 5 skills. 
  • Songbird_pleaseSongbird_please Member CommonPosts: 3
    edited October 2015
    @Ryolnir - Thank you for taking the time to answer my question as well as those posed by others in this thread. I think you guys have been doing a great job with tuning recently. I was just hoping for a bit more information on how your team determines which characters need these buffs. Maybe an example could help:

What information gathered by your dev tools and metrics lead to 'watch listing' Luke Cage/Daredevil but not Psylocke?

Not trying to pick on specific characters here, Psylocke seems to have one of the longest dummy times without being put on the watch list whereas Luke Cage seems to do great with the dummy but is watch listed for low damage. Daredevil seems to do OK on the dummy, definitely better than Psylocke, but is also watch listed for low damage.

I added Daredevil since I know Luke is in a pretty bad place mechanically :)
  • GazLordGazLord Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 28
    Me love Iron FIst spoilers.

Me too! And I get too see em as soon as they are done! :)

• WiccaWonderWiccaWonder Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Any news on reviewing Rogue's lesser used and subpar active powers and passives?
  • Num13RoxasNum13Roxas Member CommonPosts: 1
    Is there rules to what costumes can be added to the game? If from a movie do they NEED to be Marvel made? I would love an enhanced Tobey Maguire Spider-Man outfit :D
  • NavrexNavrex Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2015
    @Ryolnir,

First Question: How are you? :)

Second Question: How are "uninteresting" attributes (Durability, Speed, Intelligence) going to be updated to fit this new Defense Rework that you guys are doing?

Third Question: What goes into the process of choosing heroes to be put into development?

Fourth Question: Elektra, When?

• cyetelcyetel Member CommonPosts: 9
    Ryolnir,if Kitty can phase through wall, can the game mechanics bring us playable Quicksilver too ?

Maybe his attacks can slow the enemies like Iceman's power , so to make him look faster
  • cicancican Member CommonPosts: 1
    will storm have split capes on her modern, classic, 90's costumes with visual updates. I see that you cant change costumes too much because of advertisement @GazLord ;
  • BruddaJokkaBruddaJokka Member CommonPosts: 2
    Any chance of making Teen!Jean enhanced costume? Either through getting her new vocals? or getting a new version of her Teen!Jean in her new costume from Extraordinary that's enhanced?

I know her powers are different but I can't stand adult Jean's Team Mom vocals and she'd fit the whole All-New, All-Different focus. 
  • resivkresivk Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Whatever happened to the customization reward on Limbo? Any plans to look at the Limbo rewards?
  • LordKnightmonLordKnightmon Member CommonPosts: 2
    @Ryolnir ;r i heard that Iron Fist and Magik were fighting to the spot after Blade release is that true or still not decided who is next after blade :)

• TheBestSpiderManTheBestSpiderMan Member UncommonPosts: 3
    GazLord said:
    1. When will Spidey get a visual update? Is it possible that his default will be replaced with the ANAD costume is a similar procedure to what happened with Ms. Marvel? And can his default VO please be rewritten and revoiced to reflect a change to his adult persona (by CDB or Josh Keaton preferably)? Please read this thread for more detailed reasons as to why this would be a good idea (since I don't want to clutter this post up): https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/237211/can-the-all-new-all-different-costume-be-spideys-new-default/p1

Not sure when but I really want to update him.

@Ryolnir can speak more about the other stuff but I can say we talk about Spidey often.

Thanks Lord! Good to hear it! So would it be possible to update Spidey so his default is an adult? This works well for lore reasons (especially if you are adding Miles into the game, or other Spider-Heroes, since a lot of their relationships are weird or creepy if Peter is a teen (like Silk)). It would also be nice to get a rewritten and revoiced default script (the current one can be thrown on a "Ultimate Spider-Man" enhanced costume) to reflect Spidey's age and maturity. This would, I can guarantee, increase sales on ALL of Spidey's non enhanced costumes.

@Ryolnir looks like you skipped my questions...

Here's a link: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6764021/#Comment_6764021

2. Is Agent Venom likely for 2016? Ryolnir has stated that he really liked my hero suggestion thread for him, and Doomsaw had agreed with my thread detailing why Agent Venom should be out in 2016 (which were both very popular). @Ryolnir ;

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/219347/agent-venom-should-be-released-in-2016#latest 

3. Please, when is Spider-Man 2099 enhanced costume coming? We need it now!
  • RyolnirRyolnir Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 54

Hi guys, I just have a few questions that I've been curious about since the recent info/reveals.

- Will the chase costumes receive visual updates too, considering their prices?

- When will we see more Variant costumes?

- Will team-up leveling ever be sped up? And when will we finally get a visible XP bar for our team-ups? It seems like as soon as I finish leveling a team-up, a new one comes out that I have to level, and I can't just enjoy using the ones I want.

- Why do we still not have the Wrecking Crew as random patrol bosses? Seems like they could easily fit anywhere.

- Any current plans to increase the appeal of X-defense and Holo-sim in the short term? These modes are abandoned outside of achievement hunting.

- Have you guys put any thought into a PVP "arena" of sorts without pressing objectives that people can play just for fun, or simply somewhere they can duel with friends or guildmates, or reenact comic battles for the heck of it? 

- It seems there was a lot of negative feedback on the new Secret Wars Ghost Rider costume, not regarding the quality of the costume itself but rather the fact that it was chosen over something like Dan Ketch (blue flames) or Trail of Tears or even Vengeance. Was this costume choice mandated by Marvel? If not, how long is it going to be before we get some of those highly sought-after costumes?

- The new Taskmaster costume looks totally amazing. Is he still on track to get some kind of review/update after Spider-man? I love Tasky, he just feels stiff right now. Needs more agility and fluidity in my opinion.

Thanks. Keep up the good work. We're only hard on you guys sometimes because we enjoy and believe in the product. Or because we're pessimistic jerks. But I prefer to believe it's the former. 
    There's a lot here so I'll answer what I can! It was great to meet you at NYCC!

1) Heck yes. Can't wait for some of those chases to be updated.

2) December.

3) No plans to speed up right now, but I've seen a lot of feedback on it so it's not off the table. And yes, I agree about XP bar...

4) I agree. Where my Wrecking Crew at! I seriously want them in ICP & MM ASAP.

5) Yes. Those modes need love.

6) Yes, but work ends up being put into other content instead. 

7) I understand that it's not everybody's bag, but we may do those costumes at some point.

8) At some point, yes. He will need some new sword moves too.

About the supposed Magneto visual changes.

@supahcrap Which Changes?

Someone in the forums posted that you said at the Barcade meetup that Mr. Fantastic is the least used hero in the game by far. What will Gaz do to encourage players to play lesser used heroes like Reed, but more specifically him?

Is there any chance we will get his "Maker" costume next year?

All of his costumes have the same model and face. Only what he's wearing is changed with his costumes.
    Do you feel he's not fun right now? We should start from there. I think he's fun, barring some minor issues. 

I'd like to do it next.

Yes, they do. He is the same guy! (It's also very hard to change those things due to his weird stretchy rig)
  • FleynFleyn Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2015
    Will Black Cat be a 200 ES hero?
    What will her alternate costume be at launch? (assuming classic is the default)
    Is she still planned for November?

Thanks! 

p.s. Team-Up experience bar please!!!
  • AjishiAjishi Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Any chance Dormammu in Limbo ?
  • BravoAlphaRomeoBravoAlphaRomeo Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2015
    Is there any ETA on Punisher's hella annoying reload bug (using reload and still being at 0 ammo), or any changes to him in general? He's rad, but has literally one viable build. 

Also, RIP Punisher 2014 costume. 

4.And i have to ask is there going to be visual update for those 90's X-men costumes?
    (I would like to know bout 90's Jean is it in work alredy coz we saw her other costumes got visual update and what about others,cant wait for those big haircuts on Rogue and Storm )

I know y'all feel strongly about the 90's costumes. They are definitely on the schedule.

TheEnygma said:
    In games like Path of Exile or Diablo 3, we can kill anything we want in the game and our loot can potentially drop. However in this game, if you want say a Man-Ape necklace, it means either staying in one zone beating him over and over or re-running his one-shot. Any plans to change how this works or is this what you're planning for Danger Room?

Any revamps to the Omega system coming soon? Like seeing the full price of nodes, the final stats gained, making the awful nodes more enticing etc?
    1) You know, this is something I've thought a LOT about. We're actually looking into this. Can't say for sure it will happen, but good looking out. 

2)  RE: Omega - yes, there will be changes to Omega coming.
    Ryolnir will frankenstein punisher be an enhanced costume ?

Also any plans for Halloween ? 
    Ryolnir some players asking why steam does not have 50% sale on DLC packs anymore :(

I hope that comes back too !
  • TakamichinokuTakamichinoku Member CommonPosts: 1

Okay, two questions:

Is it possible that Taskmaster's run animation can be adjusted so it doesn't look like's he's limping?

Second question:

Can you guys look into moving Gambit's signature power buffs(the one that empowers his Dead Man's Hand and Bo Beatdown) into Ragin' Cajun's active? The active was best for the crit and now that it's a passive, the active is only for the on hit energy damage but I rather take that out and substitute it for the two buffs.

@GazLord ;

When can we Expect the new Spider-Gwen power Icons?
    I do not have an exact date but they are being done. It should be soon.
  • ValamsitValamsit Member CommonPosts: 6
    edited October 2015
    Ryolnir said:
    Someone in the forums posted that you said at the Barcade meetup that Mr. Fantastic is the least used hero in the game by far. What will Gaz do to encourage players to play lesser used heroes like Reed, but more specifically him?

Is there any chance we will get his "Maker" costume next year?

All of his costumes have the same model and face. Only what he's wearing is changed with his costumes.
    Do you feel he's not fun right now? We should start from there. I think he's fun, barring some minor issues. 

I'd like to do it next.

Yes, they do. He is the same guy! (It's also very hard to change those things due to his weird stretchy rig)

When I first played him I had little expectations, but I found him really fun in the end. Not sure why he is so un-popular... looking forward to a 'Maker' costume! Would it have a new VO given the difference in their characters?

This discussion has been closed.