Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes 2015 AMA With Ryolnir And Lord!

Comments

• naos76naos76 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited October 2015
    Is there any chance we have soon a visual update of Rogue's 90's costume? ;)

Post edited by naos76 on
  • GazLordGazLord Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 28

TheEnygma said:
    In games like Path of Exile or Diablo 3, we can kill anything we want in the game and our loot can potentially drop. However in this game, if you want say a Man-Ape necklace, it means either staying in one zone beating him over and over or re-running his one-shot. Any plans to change how this works or is this what you're planning for Danger Room?

Any plans to tone down the visual noise of the game? Between all the spells, explosions, particles, character models, boss models, their attacks, Doombots, Iceman summons...the game is too chaotic to look at. Anything being done here?

Any revamps to the Omega system coming soon? Like seeing the full price of nodes, the final stats gained, making the awful nodes more enticing etc?
    We are constantly trying to balance "IN YOUR FACE EPICNESS" (Thats what I call it right now) with uh, visual clarity I guess. There are various settings we implemented to help maintain this balance but I am constantly trying to find that perfect balance without settings.
  • WadysseusWadysseus Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2015
    Hey, I've been playing this game since beta, and I've got to say that I love where it's gone and how much it's improved. Any news on being able to add more action bars? Even with characters that aren't Doc Strange, I always seem to need extra buttons.

Also, when will Speedball be a playable character? Fan outcry demands it!
  • IsencoreIsencore Member UncommonPosts: 6
    With the addition of rogue came interesting ability tags such as attrition, impact, support, core. To me it seemed like this opened the door to new types of items for abilities that fell into those catagories on any hero.

Are there plans to have items more flavor such as

- charge up powers have a x% chance on hit to deal an additional blast for 75% of damage if charged to 100%

- hot spot attrition powers now deal there total damage to enemies when first entering area

- impact powers have x% to knock down all enemies in area and deal 50% of damage done over 5sec

things like that may be fun to see on any hero uniques and break the tedium of just adding damage rating procs that are essentially always up not adding any flair to skills of abilities.
  • RyolnirRyolnir Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 54

List of questions:
    What do you feel like are the most important steps for growth both in the game and company?
    Do you view Brevik as a mentor or strictly professional, and if as a mentor, does he take a personal interest in his employees, e.g. trying to make them grow.

Do you think Gazillion/marvel heroes dev team is on the precipice of growth or will remain static in numbers?

What is your single most desired piece of content that you would add to the game if possible?

What is your stance on older heroes that are boring or very flat/one dimensional now that heroes like cable and kitty pryde are out?

Would you ever do an interview with a community member, like for instance, if i made a list of questions i would like to ask, both on a personal note and how that feeds into working/developing the game, would you be willing to do that?

How do you feel about community suggestions for things like heroea reviews/mechanics?

Who are the top 5 heroes you want completely redone?

I have more but this is a lot, when you get through some questions I will hit you with more ;-)
    1) Working towards what we want to do as developers and what our players want. It's a tough balance, but there's too many issues that have gone unsolved. There are so many aspects of the game we'd like to change and we know you'd like changed, and I'm rallying as often as possible to get them changed.

2) I consider Dave a friend. We play board games. He's taught me a lot and he's awesome to work with. I worked most closely with Doomsaw who taught me an insane amount of game design-fu as well as just common sense.

3) Anything with Stilt-Man. Seriously...

4) I think there is a place for "boring heroes" in that some people REALLY hate complex heroes, but in general, everybody should have more interesting options.

5) I answer questions like that via PM all the time, but if it's a long list, not usually. I am a very busy dude.

6) I read them literally every day. Even weekends. So much good stuff we've taken inspiration from. Helps you grow as a designer knowing what fans want and reading their awesome ideas.

7) I don't have a good answer for that so I'll say Deadpool! Since he's getting redone soon. And Luke Cage.

• ValamsitValamsit Member CommonPosts: 6
    Hiya Ryolnir and Lord!

Not so much a question, I just want to say thank you for this wonderful game. Before this game I had never read a Marvel comic before. Then, at the start of this year, I found a charming little comic book store in my local town and there, looking at me, was Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1. I really enjoy the character in game (I had never heard of her before…) so I thought ‘Why not try it?’

Eight months later, and I am hooked on Marvel comics. I have read over 500 comics, thanks to Marvel Unlimited and buy enough to keep my local comic shop happy each month. It is a world that I dearly love, and has helped me through some difficult crap over the past year. I owe all this to your game! (and my favourite character Squirrel Girl!) :)

I guess I should add a question... so, umm, oh, will there be any Supergroup content added in the future? Perhaps SG achievements or a special hub people only in the group can meet up in?

Keep up the great work guys! Oh, and really looking foward the Angela and Howard entering the game! :)

lord-

on a scale from 23 to 24 how many hours a day do you spend working on jeans hair?

There was recently a discussion regarding brutal strike percentage vs. bosses as compared to normal enemies, as well as, the effectiveness of the "always deals a critical hit" mechanic. What, if anything, have you guys discovered as a reason for the discrepancies we were finding in the numbers?
    We have been focused on getting Danger Room prepped for TC & this week's patch out the door, but it's a top priority issue to investigate what might be creating the discrepancy.
  • Tiger483Tiger483 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Hello @Ryolnir and @GazLord thank you for taking the time to talk to us! 

My question is: MichaelMayhem said on the forums that every character is going to get a pass when the defense rework hits. Will this include any minor QoLs, or is going to be strictly focusing on defense? The reason I ask is because there are a few characters that are perceived to be in a good spot, however they could probably be tidied up a bit just to make QoL that little bit better. That pass seems like a good time for a few tweaks here and there. 
  • cyetelcyetel Member CommonPosts: 9
    Will Young Avengers or any Next Avengers be featuring as enhanced costume aside from Wiccan anytime soon ?
    So, any ETA on Deadpool review? 
    The best I can say is "when he's good and ready." He's a long time coming, I know.
  • verdantrexverdantrex Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited October 2015
    Of these three "sidekick" heroes, which is most likely to be a Team Up first?

A - Obnoxio the Clown
    B - The Fabulous Frog-Man 
    C - Pip the Troll
    Will the next 200 spliters hero be Beast ? How about the next 200 splinters team up ? Any chance of a random team up box using splinters ?
    Zooyork19 said:
    Is the Mr. Knight variant soon?

Will we ever see Ares?

When is Danger Room due to be tested?

Will Magik have a good no-summon build?

We try to space out costumes and their variants by a matter of months so there's no "but I just bought this..." like we had in the past.

Ares is a favorite of mine. He suits our game, to be sure.

Possibly this weekend if Merit System + Rewards are ready.

Yes she will. I don't play summoners, but I'm super excited for Magik.
  • dreamelderdreamelder Member CommonPosts: 1
    I apologize if this has been asked, but with the review of defensive powers, is there any chance that *active* defenses via control powers will be revisited? I miss having heroes that use trickery/mental manipulation for survival.
    Ryolnir do you miss Doomsaw ? xP

0Gambit0 said:
    Will we ever see User Generated Content in MH?
    I don't think so, no. Not supported by our game and would be a slippery slope as far as using licensed content.
    1. When will Spidey get a visual update? Is it possible that his default will be replaced with the ANAD costume is a similar procedure to what happened with Ms. Marvel? And can his default VO please be rewritten and revoiced to reflect a change to his adult persona (by CDB or Josh Keaton preferably)? Please read this thread for more detailed reasons as to why this would be a good idea (since I don't want to clutter this post up): https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/237211/can-the-all-new-all-different-costume-be-spideys-new-default/p1

Not sure when but I really want to update him.

@Ryolnir can speak more about the other stuff but I can say we talk about Spidey often.

for wizzer: Any more ultimate xmen costumes this year?

eagleglide if you read someone above asked magiks basic costume :)

for myself....so much but Id really like to know either a definitive timeframe for danger room-give us with bugs and let us help you test!-

OR

when can we get some new terms? Even some copy and paste of existing assets like you did with jugg term. These new artifacts need a place to farm.

1) None this year as of now.

2) @GazLord is taking this I believe.

3) Workin'onit.

4) We're going to be focused strictly on the announced new content, but yes, that is something we need to do.
  • ValamsitValamsit Member CommonPosts: 6

Oh, if I can ask one last question... any solo content in the works? I like raids and all, but it would be nice to have some solo content I can challenge myself with! :)

Any tuning Kitty Pryde's lockheed power tree ?

For Thor's qol can he get a specialization like Dr Doom has ? For instance on one could be for melee one for range and another for hybrid.
    Not this week obviously, but it makes sense for the future.
    Symbiote rocket costume won the last costume poll , and Smybiote wolverine spoiled before that.
    those coming anytime soon?

Soon.

• ElenaTerraElenaTerra Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Thanks for taking the time to do this you guys are awesome and I have enjoyed this game since Beta!! :) Thanks for continuing to listen to us and also when is Speedball coming?

furty said:
    Hi Ryolnir,

In the Game Informer article that was put out recently it talked about Savage Land and said that it would function somewhat similar to the way traditional Tower Defense games work but I haven't seen anything else reference Tower Defense. The recent news from the Comic Con panel suggested that it would be another Patrol Mode.

Was curious if you could shed some more light on this and whether you guys were still planning on having it related to a Tower Defense play style.

Thanks!
    At the panel I referred to it as a Patrol Zone (~10 players, enter any time) with Tower Defense elements and that's true. As we get closer, we'll give more info on the design. It's pretty awesome.
This discussion has been closed.