Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion grind vs. Runescape grind

LIVE2DYELIVE2DYE Member Posts: 4

just curious if anyone has played Runescape and experienced the grind to that game. if so how do you compare it to Aion grind. thx for any input.

Comments

• starfoxx31starfoxx31 Member UncommonPosts: 67

I will put it this way, runescape has one of the longest grinds of any game. This is not a bad thing though, because it is about the journy for runescape, not the destination. In Aion it is about the destionation not the journy. Aion grind is long and borning. Runescape grind is fun, but super long.

• jammertk10jammertk10 Member CommonPosts: 88

It's pretty different, if you want to train all 3 combat skills to 99 then it would be around 1200 hours(or so I hear), and playing 16 hours a day would be close to three months (~75 Days) of pure grind T_T, comparatively I hear a hardcore grinder in Aion can do 1-50 in 2-3 weeks. However that doesn't including crafting in Aion or the 19 skills left after maxing out combat in Runescape.

There's the technical analysis.

Now in my opinion Runescape is overall a LOT more to do, those people with completely maxed out 99s are insane! After playing MMOs for the past 4 years, starting with Runescape, and most recently Ryzom, I think Aion's grind pales in comparison to that of Runescape, but it might be different for others.... Just my two cents ;)

Beozbane

“The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination.” - Voltaire
    i5-750 OC'd to 4.0Ghz - PNY GTX 470 Performance Edition - Western Digital 2X2TB in RAID 0 - Samsung BD Drive - 4GB DDR3 2000Mhz - CM Storm Scout

• KharumKharum Member Posts: 94

I think starfoxx put it well. Runescape is one helluva grind, I tell you. Perhaps it has changed. I played about 4 years and quite a lot at times, though I had breaks too, and I was just bit above average player in total level, in members' servers, I feel. Okay, well perhaps bit more, but there was still long, long way to max out anything, apart from woodcutting, which was just past half way from the ~13,5m experience point required for 99, eh.

Waiting on Xsyon & betaing stuff

• LIVE2DYELIVE2DYE Member Posts: 4

sweet thx for the info guys and yeah RS grind is pretty long and time consuming. if its as everyone says then i assume im gonna start hitting the boring grinding part of Aion really soon.

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

Originally posted by LIVE2DYE

sweet thx for the info guys and yeah RS grind is pretty long and time consuming. if its as everyone says then i assume im gonna start hitting the boring grinding part of Aion really soon.

There is no 'boring' grind. It's subjective, and everything depends on the way you play. Do you rarely group? Do you grind solo to max level? If you answered yes to both questions then it is very likely you won't make it past lvl35.

Contrary to what someone said earlier, Aion isn't just about the destination at all. Diversify your game-play and don't have the insta-50 mentality most of today's gamers (brought up by WoW) have and you'll be enjoying it from beginning to end. From simple questing, to campaign quests, to rifting, to group quests, elite grinding, crafting / gathering, dungeons, fortress sieges etc. there are a lot of things you can do, and that adds plenty of variety that renders this 'grind' non boring. Unfortunately It's going to get even easier and faster to level come 1.9, though hopefully not 'fast-food' fast, like most MMOs post WoW.

Also take everything you read on the forums with a pinch of salt (even my post), because if you let it affect you then you will never, ever try out / enjoy any game. It's better off to play any game objectively and not be swayed by forum QQs.

• clawstoagsm8clawstoagsm8 Member CommonPosts: 1

Originally posted by LIVE2DYE

There is no 'boring' grind. It's subjective, and everything depends on the way you play. Do you rarely group? Do you grind solo to max level? If you answered yes to both questions then it is very likely you won't make it past lvl35.

Contrary to what someone said earlier, Aion isn't just about the destination at all. Diversify your game-play and don't have the insta-50 mentality most of today's gamers (brought up by WoW) have and you'll be enjoying it from beginning to end. From simple questing, to campaign quests, to rifting, to group quests, elite grinding, crafting / gathering, dungeons, fortress sieges etc. there are a lot of things you can do, and that adds plenty of variety that renders this 'grind' non boring. Unfortunately It's going to get even easier and faster to level come 1.9, though hopefully not 'fast-food' fast, like most MMOs post WoW.

Also take everything you read on the forums with a pinch of salt (even my post), because if you let it affect you then you will never, ever try out / enjoy any game. It's better off to play any game objectively and not be swayed by forum QQs.

Lmfao look at this kid on his high horse. No bud, I got over 120 from scratch in 5 months and maxed atm and strength solo. Shits not difficult, you just need to be ignorant of the gaming world like I was. I quit after I got my fire cape meleeing Jad.