Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes 2015 AMA With Ryolnir And Lord!

RyolnirRyolnir Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 54
Hi everybody! I'm Dr. Nic-

Sorry, I'm Ryolnir aka Ryan Collins! I'm the Creative Designer & Community Manager for Marvel Heroes. I can answer your questions about... pretty much all the things! Upcoming changes, cool stuff, story, why some character says some line of dialogue, and so much more.

Joining me today is GazLord, AKA Chris AKA 'Lord' AKA our Art Director. He is known by a lot of things.

He's joining me to answer questions about everything art-related when it comes to Marvel Heroes, costumes, visual effects, why we made this costume and not this one (haha sorry Chris), also motion comics and basically anything that visually appears in our video game. He's a busy guy, telling people what to do and so forth.

Please post your questions here and we'll answer as many as we can, starting at 4PM! 

Comments

• GazLordGazLord Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 28
    sup!

• Genoshaleader010Genoshaleader010 Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited October 2015
    Hi , is magik gonna have a power to transform into her darkchylde form or to summon the multi-headed hydra (Uncanny X Men 19)

http://i.imgur.com/fyJnAOD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/G2GHLMp.jpg

What costume is gonna be Magik default? @GazLord ;

How is gonna work  Agent Venom Powers ?

Thats all i want to ask , thanks :)

Post edited by Genoshaleader010 on
  • Tzeentch_7Tzeentch_7 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    edited October 2015
    Can you tell us what will take the place of the man-hours that were put into 52 reviews now that they are all but complete? (DP is still there i know)

Are there any plans to rework the white 90's Storm costume? (dear god say yes!)

I predict mounts are coming next year, am i right?!

How come Squirrel Girls new costumes don't come with new squirrel skins?

A lot of people feel that the idea of no AP3 is a money grab, any comment?

Are there plans for literal seasonal changes to Midtown Manhattan, like the winter version? Stuff like that is a breath of fresh air.

PAX East in 2016?

Can you spoil ONE hero (not Anegla) that is officially coming next year?

Are there plans for more terminals?

Crafting revamp coming with 2016?

Is there any news on a more secure log-in system, such as an the authenticator?

Will the rebrand be offically called Marvel Heroes 2016?

Why was Wesley Snipes not able to be tapped for Blade voice work?

With 2 monthe left in the year, how do you plan to put out 4 heroes?
  • labuhalabuha Member CommonPosts: 2
    When is the Red Axis Raid going to be released?
  • mmii222mmii222 Member CommonPosts: 1
    This is awesome.  I have a few of questions.

First, with the rebrand, could we expect danger room, red genosha raid, next story chapter and cosmic ultron?  Or will it be some, not all.  In other words, a slower roll out rather than all at once.

Second, with the Spidey rework, can we expect other heroes to get scaling damage based on defensive stats?  For instance, Colossus getting %damage for stacking armor? (unless he already has that, I know he has health to damage)

Third, on a much smaller scale, all the work you guys have done on Gambit it awesome and I feel kinda guilty for asking, but, is there any chance of an area tag update for Gambit on street sweep and 52 pick up?
  • resivkresivk Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Costumes: 

How many costumes will be Visually Updated for Jean Grey?

Some comments made it seem like all Launch Heroes would have a costume visually updated, I'm guessing not all just some?

Tech Question:

When looking at reviewing a hero, what's the processes on deciding to try new tech with them? For example, you did an outstanding job updating Black Panther who was feeling very outdated. If you were to Updated Jean Grey, what new tech would you like to see her having?

As you can tell, I love Jean!
  • JoeDirtJoeDirt Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited October 2015
    Dear Lord, 

ok that came out wrong, let's start again.

Dear Ryolnir and  Lord (AKA Art Director)  Thanks for coming here and answering some questions. I have a few  questions .

1.)  Hardcore Mode it has been talked about this from the beta and all other ARPG's have this mode and Diablo2 had it. Are there any plans  or is it in development?

2.)  Would you mind sharing with us what the way forward is in terms of Itemization, customization and diversity of Heroes? Right now we have like hero specific Uniques as BIS Items and every other gear being made absolute, will there be any changes or are there any plans on this?

3.)  What are the plans on implementing more single player and more difficult content for  players who like to play alone?

4.)  What is happening regarding pvp

5.)  What are the plans regarding crafting and when can we expect some changes to this cumbersome game feature?

Thank you for reading this and hoping to get some answers and Thank you for coming by
  • Songbird_pleaseSongbird_please Member CommonPosts: 3
    edited October 2015
    Hi Ryolnir! I understand that class balance is a tough but essential part of any MMORPG. It seems in the last few months Gazillion has been tweaking heroes to achieve what's referred to as a 'target tuning range'. I'm sure you could write an essay on the topic if time permitted, but that's unlikely. Could you tell us a bit about what factors are considered in determining whether a hero is balanced? Speaking in general terms is fine, I'm sure it's more than the time it takes to kill the DPS dummy, I'm just hoping for some more insight :)

TLDR - What factors determine whether a character is above or below TTR?
  • RyolnirRyolnir Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 54
    FWIW, we will probably only be answering 1-3 questions per post, but we may go back to longer posts as the hour goes on. I'm pretty fast at typing but I want to answer as many people as possible.
  • jacari91jacari91 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    When is Emma Frost getting updated? And does that come with an ult that makes sense for the character?

Can you spoil anything about Magik's playstyle?

Are there plans to update the less than popular any-hero uniques?

• VespyrVespyr Member UncommonPosts: 1
    What can you share/spoil about your plans for Emma Frost's revamp/rework/QoL?? :)

Will she be getting updated passive talents? Is there a chance she'll get the same treatment Cable did and have her Ultimate become a regular power and receive a new ultimate? Will the Stepford Cuckoos be present in her kit?
  • 0Gambit00Gambit0 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    So is there any chance that we'll ever see Sue Storms Earth 1720 Madam Hydra Costume?
  • LordKnightmonLordKnightmon Member CommonPosts: 2
    Is Emma Frost getting also a visual updated costume ? (she is kinda mad with all the jean costumes :P )

Is Emma Frost gonna have a new costume before the end of the year?
    http://emmafrostfiles.com/wp-content/gallery/dark-x-men-costumes/dark_xmen_costume_02.jpg

• Tzeentch_7Tzeentch_7 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I am going to hit the 7500 Omega cap tonight! Any news on when the cap will be increased?

When new Omega tabs will be released?

When the Omega review is coming?
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Member CommonPosts: 3
    Do and can you give use any spoilers for Deadpools review ?
  • MrLehaneMrLehane Member UncommonPosts: 4
    First (and most important question)

What about Dazzler? Playable in 2016?

Then...

Is any ETA on Emma´s rework? Maybe before the end of the year?

Magik will have a non summoner build? Based on her sword and teleportation skills instead of demons.

More Emma questions.... can you spoil her next costume? 

And....

Can you confirm wich X-Men are coming next year? Angel and Beast for sure. And... Dazzler. Right?

Yeah, I know. I asked about her at the first. But one question is not enough. 

• LordMilutinLordMilutin Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for doing this!
    I have a question for Lord and you Ryolnir.
    For Lord: Can we get more insight in creating a costume and new heroes? Like a video diary making them from scratch?
    For Ryolnir: With 52 reviews ending with Deadpool in a month, what will be the next focus for that team? I know that we have small QoL improvements almost every 2 weeks, but I was thinking of something on a larger scale. (Visual Upgrades would be awesome!)
  • EolungEolung Member CommonPosts: 1
    Thank you for taking the time to do this.

My question is: any chance we could see the characters from Agents of Shield anytime soon?

Thanks again.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Does the % of players participating in raids match the amount of time spent developing them? 

My opinion is that I'd rather see that time spent on something other than raids.  I'm just not a fan of weekly lockout timers in an ARPG.  D3 feels more rewarding and there are no limitations other than time.

I'm worried that developers have lost connection with the player base and are still making the game they want to play even if it's not the one the players want.  Namely too much MMO and not enough ARPG.
  • verdantrexverdantrex Member UncommonPosts: 100
    If a switch is made to 3-hero packs instead of a 12 hero AP, will heroes from a themed pack be released back-to-back-to-back, or will there be some skipping around?  

For example, if the first pack is ANAD, and the second pack is Classic X-Men, could we get Kamala Khan, then Beast, then Deathlok, or would it have to be all three ANAD before the team would move on to say, Mystique and Angel, and then Medusa later?  

And did I guess those six correctly? ;) 
  • PsimitarPsimitar Member UncommonPosts: 1
    As far back as the release of Vision, the development team at Gazillion conveyed that the strategy for newly released and newly reviewed heroes would be to release them undertuned then buff them after a few weeks of live data.  However, with the release of War Machine and Cable's review the gap between release and tuning has grown with War Machine's tuning still needing to be done.  Has the aforementioned strategy changed?  Have the priorities shifted towards other things?  And finally, does the development team have any plans in place to help manage the expectations of the community in regard to new (and newly reviewed) hero tuning?
  • labuhalabuha Member CommonPosts: 2
    Doctor Doom Team Up has been locked in a Pay wall for over a year now.

Are we going to get a Doom TU variant that can be bought with Gs or Splinters soon?
  • LakaLaka Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Hey guys, thanks for the awesome work wih the game!

Any chance that we get some Marvel 1602 and Marvel Zombies costumes? Would love to have DOom, Iron Man and Thor!

Also, can add an option to show only my health bar above my hero? The way it is implemented currently if I enable it it shows mine and every other player health bar, and if I disable it it shows no ones bar. I wanna see only my health/spirit bar, others aren't important and just cluster my screen so would be better to only see their names.

Thanks again mates!
  • OverpoweredAbraOverpoweredAbra Member CommonPosts: 2
    List of questions:
    What do you feel like are the most important steps for growth both in the game and company?
    Do you view Brevik as a mentor or strictly professional, and if as a mentor, does he take a personal interest in his employees, e.g. trying to make them grow.

Do you think Gazillion/marvel heroes dev team is on the precipice of growth or will remain static in numbers?

What is your single most desired piece of content that you would add to the game if possible?

What is your stance on older heroes that are boring or very flat/one dimensional now that heroes like cable and kitty pryde are out?

Would you ever do an interview with a community member, like for instance, if i made a list of questions i would like to ask, both on a personal note and how that feeds into working/developing the game, would you be willing to do that?

How do you feel about community suggestions for things like heroea reviews/mechanics?

Who are the top 5 heroes you want completely redone?

I have more but this is a lot, when you get through some questions I will hit you with more ;-)
  • scarfacebishopscarfacebishop Member CommonPosts: 2
    There was recently a discussion regarding brutal strike percentage vs. bosses as compared to normal enemies, as well as, the effectiveness of the "always deals a critical hit" mechanic. What, if anything, have you guys discovered as a reason for the discrepancies we were finding in the numbers?
This discussion has been closed.