Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is LOL the germany of the gamingworld? #asylumformmorpgplayers

LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
Hi, I am browsing the forums of WoW, FF, EvE, TESO etc. to get an new start for the winter-gaming season, but cant get hooked by those games again. Instead I find myself in the queue for a Ranked LoL game again. We definitaly need a new breeze in the mmorpg portfolio.
I wonder if LoL is full of mmorpg-refugees?

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Maybe, if they need to bolster a falling population.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34172729

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    There's a ton of great mmorpg out there, so I'm guessing lol is full of players that have got bored of mmorpg and enjoy lol style of play.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    There's a ton of great mmorpg out there, so I'm guessing lol is full of players that have got bored of mmorpg and enjoy lol style of play.
    Yeah this is a more reasonable way to word it.

The idea that all the players interested in MMORPGs just went straight over to a completely different genre (MOBAs) is pretty strange, but there is some overlap and some players will have gone to LoL.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Had to open this thread.  LoL, Germany, MMOs and gaming don't usually make it to the forum.  Kudos!

I self identify as a monkey.

• JohnxboyJohnxboy Member UncommonPosts: 104
    "ton of great mmorpg out there". 

Well, no, specially since what people really want is SAO.  Blade and soul will be fun, can't wait towards the end of the month.
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Johnxboy said:
    "ton of great mmorpg out there". 

Well, no, specially since what people really want is SAO.  Blade and soul will be fun, can't wait towards the end of the month.
    If people really wanted a simulated world, they'd have chosen simulated worlds. They didn't. (Some worlds existed for a while but they faded out of the limited niche popularity they started with.)

Effectively SAO is like viewing/reading the most exciting EVE events. Makes for decent entertainment to only hear about the most exciting parts, but the actual act of playing the game is one of the most tedious gaming experiences out there. So actually to make a SAO MMORPG true to the show (which doesn't show any tedious parts) you'd make a MMORPG that's pretty similar to what we have...except with the alternate control interface, and ideally no crazy lunatic trying to kill everyone.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I wouldn't play LOL if there were no rpg's around anymore.I think what your seeing is that group of gamer's that like to jump ship to the next "in thing" they seem to feel a need to be a part of a larger crowd.

Think sort of like trying to figure out why thousands flock to time's square for new years eve,makes no sense to me,they feel the need to be in that large crowd.

I used to see the same thing in the bars,soon one bar became popular it became over crowded and the bar was absolute crap,people just went there because of the large crowd.

The other obvious attraction is they see ESPORT and people making money,the same reason why so many bad streamers want to be streamers,they see lights action and money.All you are doing as a nobody is making sure those advertisers and sponsored streamers are making a great living off of you.

So to answer the question more directly,Germany was sort of a meaningful country at a time,but now both Germany and LOL don't even pop into my head,couldn't care less about either.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jc234jc234 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Can't stand LoL, I'm actually not sure why people play it over other MOBAs like Dota 2 and Smite. Hell, even CSGO would be better.

Also, there's plenty of RPG games with multiplayer features. The whole 4v1 concept has been popular these days, https://swordcoast.com/
  • GandoresGandores Member UncommonPosts: 55
    yea, i play and enjoy both genres