Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wasteland 2 | The Director’s Cut is the Ideal Way to Experience the Desert | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageWasteland 2 | The Director’s Cut is the Ideal Way to Experience the Desert | MMORPG

At first, when I heard about the Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut from inXile Entertainment, I thought it was just a clever branding trick to release the game on consoles. Then I played it, and quickly realized that it’s the true definitive version of the crowdfunded RPG that rocked our socks off last year.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I want to like this game....I really do. I have tried playing it twice and each time I get a little bored and walk away. I really think that first person perspective and more life like surrounding in other games has finally jaded my thinking on games like Wasteland 2. There was a time when you could not pry me away from a game like W2. Not so any more.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    I don't suppose they fixed the damage scaling? I liked WL2, but it really annoyed me that fights would go from next to impossible to easy just because you found the next tier of weapon(s).

Also, hopefully they have fixed all the bugs and glitches... quick-save should not be your most valuable ability :/

• salaciouscrumbssalaciouscrumbs Member UncommonPosts: 169
    edited October 2015
    Gruug said:
    I want to like this game....I really do. I have tried playing it twice and each time I get a little bored and walk away. I really think that first person perspective and more life like surrounding in other games has finally jaded my thinking on games like Wasteland 2. There was a time when you could not pry me away from a game like W2. Not so any more.
    Seems pretty strange to bitch about the older version of the game when this blog is talking about the Director's Cut - a completely different version. Why don't you try it after tomorrow and then report back instead of prematurely shitting on this?
  • salaciouscrumbssalaciouscrumbs Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Rhoklaw said:
    Gruug said:
    Seems pretty strange to bitch about the older version of the game when this blog is talking about the Director's Cut - a completely different version. Why don't you try it after tomorrow and then report back instead of prematurely shitting on this?
    Since he didn't get into specifics, I can only assume he is referring to isometric third person view. WL2 is the type of game that was being developed before people even had access to the internet. I'm not saying people don't enjoy the feeling of playing games from their youth, but that doesn't make his statement any less accurate. Everyone has their own opinion and he gave 2 examples of reasons he didn't enjoy the game. Does this new Director's Cut address the issues in his statement?
    Who knows? He can't possibly know until he's tried it, right?
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Got this as a freebie when I backed The Bard's Tale IV.
    Been holding off playing WL2 until the DD cut came out so hopefully GOG get it patched in quickly.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Always was meaning to buy this game, looks like now might finally be the time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ComputerJuiceComputerJuice Member UncommonPosts: 25
    DOS? C-64 Baby!