Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bye Bye Skyforge it was nice for 2 month...

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
edited October 2015 in Skyforge
52k prestige +/- (Knight, Kinetic Mains)

sadly i am very bored doing the same content over and over 
sadly i am bored of waiting for the weekly reset to be able to continue to enjoy my non-maxed classes
sadly i am not finding PUG´s anymore since 30500 Prestige
No thank you, i dont wanna join a Pantheon. Without the game sucks though....

So main reasons to leave

1st Limits / Caps 
2nd boring content
3rd God mode is laughable, all thw work for nothing
4th nothing to explore, maps are all the same. go here go there bla bla bla
5th memory leak, game becomes slower and slower over time
6th forced PvP for Tablets, Rings etc etc
7th stupid PvP ... CC CC CC CC CC CC STUN CC .....
8th forced to pay REAL MONEY after like 40k for Temples, Ether Cores
9th P2W at EndGame prestige levels
10th all the stupid caps and limits again

i spent 20 Euro on the game which was OK for me.

Many players spent 500 Euro or even more just to be something special in SF but its not worth it...

i am playing another game now.

My prediction for SF isnt great, it will become a niche game with the current Limit/Caps system

bye bye SF

P.S > This game has the worst integration for modern MOUSE´s. It cant be worse than that. Its not even DX9 input coding. If you have a    MultiButton Mouse be prepared for a huge dissapointment. 
XVR1212

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    First mistake was playing a game where ALL your focus was on grinding Prestige.I look for some unique abilities,skills and fun,yet almost every thread with this game was about Prestige.

I lasted was about a few days,maybe 5 or 6 but i saw the very first few minutes that this game was just bland as heck and not worth any of my time.

"will become niche"idk if i could even call it niche,it does the same old only in a super boring style,there is nothing unique or niche about the game at all.It is simply just a real low budget game,you get what you pay for but they don't care,they suckered in a ton of people to at least try the game "i am one of those suckers" and likely made a ton of profits.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• lewkajlewkaj Member UncommonPosts: 5
    My biggest disappointment with Skyforge was this 'action combat'. I'd even forget about this neverending grind if this game had proper combat.
    All I got was 3rd person point'n'click mmo with crosshair and unavoidable attacks
    action combat my ass
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

i have no doubt, that they are making a decent earning with this

the opening was very poor..cinematic, combat, cinematic, character creator(!)

when i enter an mmo, i prefer to do so with my own character

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Wizardry said:
    "will become niche"
    Niche for crowd that likes extremely boring games :P

• ThompsonSubThompsonSub Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Agree completely with OP.

I made it to 60K and I just can't force myself to login anymore.

Content is boring, group content on the world map is horrible after 30K especially if you are DPS.

HOLY MOLY, BATMAN, GOD MODE SUCKS !!!  What a complete letdown that is.

Friends list is dead because they all quit.

Flavor of the month classes, then nerf, same ol' crap.

It is fun at first but then it slides down into boredom and repetition.
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Hmmm... I played it for a bit here and there, but there was just something about it that I couldn't get into. The healing system for me was just plain horrible! I like to be a healer, but I gave up on it in this game. 

After reading some other posts I can see why I found it .... meh. One thing I can say though is it played smooth.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Amount of grinding wasn't equal to rewards for grinding for me.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited October 2015
    I still play it but it's not forced to pay real money, unless people want to be on top when does noting much but give you a higher number. Still get scale down or up if one try to do group dungeons or pvp.

Boring content can become that when doing it over and over like any mmo max level do same content over and over for many months some games years. If was more open world maybe be less boring who knows.

The forced PvP for Tablets, Rings etc etc is something I don't like too, but I just skip it and wait 2 days until it change in to other part of the maps I'm in a rush.

But the game is new it's going be like this for abit, like any other new mmo that comes out very limited to keep you playing unless people in to the grind on the same thing over and over.

Over all good looking game, combat is a like and hate for people like any action combat game. But so far not very friendly to smaller guilds then bigger guilds. Not to friendly to solo player if they want to jump in have some fun time to time. And it's not friendly not having everything a instant base.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Thanks guys was thinking of trying it out, you just made me go look for something else.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Skyforge consist of everything thats wrong with mmos today. 
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Why do you people post whine threads when you quit... Need attention?? 
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    edited October 2015
    Brenics said:
    Thanks guys was thinking of trying it out, you just made me go look for something else.
    Why do you worry about what others think?? Its free try it out, if you listen to people on this forum you should quit gaming all together because they complain about every single game on the market...  
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    edited October 2015
    Brenics said:
    Why do you worry about what others think?? Its free try it out, if you listen to people on this forum you should quit gaming all together because they complain about every single game on the market...  
    I think it is more accurate to state that the only games considered good by members of this site are games released 10 years ago or more. The rose colored outlook on old MMO's here is hilarious and also very sad.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited October 2015
    I didn't last a week in Skyforge.  I really wanted to, but i couldn't get past the UI, which seemed liked it designed for consoles.  Not only that, but the whole game was too instanced for my tastes.

p.s. I'm really starting to hate these forums on desktop.  There's no reply button at the top, there's no date associated with the first post, and edited comments are glaring with a solid background.
  • KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Why do you people post whine threads when you quit... Need attention?? 
    I'm guessing you weren't simply attempting to demonstrate irony when posting the above, so I'll answer your question though it should be self evident: we forum post about MMORPGs and issues related to MMORPGs on a website with a forum dedicated to MMORPGs and issues related to MMORPGs.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    steelwind said:
    Brenics said:
    I think it is more accurate to state that the only games considered good by members of this site are games released 10 years ago or more. The rose colored outlook on old MMO's here is hilarious and also very sad.

I dont think having a difference in opinion makes a person jaded for things they originally engaged it at a previous time which they can no longer do so due to shutting down or the game changing to suit the competition. Not all games are good or suited for everyone, its that simple. OP has a right to list what he deems as faults with something that he has tried and other people can confirm or deny such things, but information is still information. Time is not something that many of us have, so getting information that several people support can help individuals with limited time avoid bad decisions. The only thing I do not like about threads like these is when there's like 10943092 number of them, then that's someone screaming for attention, like people did on here last year with archeage. I could swear that the forum was flooded with people making threads like "Why I uninstalled AA" "Why I installed AA" "Why I installed and uninstalled AA AGAIN!" Stuff like that is sad.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Nice for 2 months - why does that make the game "bad"?

2 months is "an age" basically. There are exceptions but lots of examples that have huge drop offs after a single month.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    edited October 2015
    gervaise1 said:
    Nice for 2 months - why does that make the game "bad"?

2 months is "an age" basically. There are exceptions but lots of examples that have huge drop offs after a single month.

I don't think he said it was bad, but gave fairly concisely his reasons for not playing any more. 

One of Skyforge's hooks is that the more you play the more classes you unlock and eventually God Mode.  Where you are supposed to be powerful  What's he's pointing out is that, in his opinion, it isn't worth rewards and not worth the play time.

Combat for every class is virtually the same, just different animations and a few special skills thrown in.  Combat against every mob is exactly the same.  Combat on every map is exactly the same.  Did I mention there's nothing else to do in the game but combat?

There is a certain appeal in a game in which you do exactly the same thing over and over, and as others have said, that appeal lasts for a month or so.   During which time the game has some fun things to show you.  The game isn't bad, but it is limited. 

Once you realize that the gains are not worth the time invested, it earns its monicker as a grind. 

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I did not even make it a month. I am totally with you OP
  • NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205
    My friend and I lasted an hour in the beta, before we were turned off by it.
  • LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    I truly enjoy the game for many reasons but a lot of the monetizing decisions have turned me off. I understand I don't have to pay to have  a good experience, I purchased the founders and collector's, I wouldn't regret it if they didn't force people that want to keep up to spent copious amount of money.
  • LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    @Nightfyre I wish I lasted that that long.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    LazyDazed said:
    I truly enjoy the game for many reasons but a lot of the monetizing decisions have turned me off. I understand I don't have to pay to have  a good experience, I purchased the founders and collector's, I wouldn't regret it if they didn't force people that want to keep up to spent copious amount of money.
    There monetizing is close what allods team closely does with allods online, I knew that allod team had more contral over the game then Obsidian. But as I seen it was not a cheap game to make skyforge there was going make there money some how back.

• NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227

Lasted until a few days ago from founders release as well. just didn't see the point in progressing further..

also, lol @archers.

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I try all new games that release but didn't touch this one just by looking at gameplay videos and same team as Allods game.