Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzcon and Microsoft speculation - could this finally mean WoW on console?

Just speculating, but consider windows 10 coming to xbox one, xb1 has the hardware, and will be acquiring kb and mouse support, does the battle.net app become relevant on the xb1 and open up the entire blizzard library to xb1 users?

If it does, it would be a win for both companies, blizzard gamers, and xbox one owners alike.

I think it less of wow coming to console at this point and more console coming to wow by basically becoming a pc. Sort of like how pc came to console in the form of steam box only in reverse

Comments

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Dont think it would work on console. Too many abilities. 
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    rnor6084 said:
    Don't worry, Blizzard is very likely just looking for a reason to prune many more.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    d3 - already on console
    HotS - why not?
    Overwatch - Likely, shooters are very popular on consoles

I'm not saying it isn't WoW related, but there are more likely options than WoW.
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Only if they put it on ps4.....xboxone numbers are not to good outside the states.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Volgore said:
    rnor6084 said:
    Don't worry, Blizzard is very likely just looking for a reason to prune many more.
    Keyboard and mouse support is 100 percent coming to Xbox one, it's basically going to make the Xbox one a pc. It's like steam box turning pc into console only Microsoft is turning a console into a pc. oo the number of abilities won't matter.
    Only if they put it on ps4.....xboxone numbers are not to good outside the states.

Ps4 is a great machine the moves Microsoft is making with the os on the xb1 is what's going to propel the xb1 and enable the ppossibilityy here. Im sure blizz would love to add ps4 support, but ps4 wont have windows 10 , xbox one can drop an emulator and bam xbox one just gained all the capabilities of a pc.
  • MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307

and none of the revenue they gain outside of NA/EU matter.  Blizzard makes pennies in asia compared to what they make in NA/EU especially china where they make almost nothing.
  • GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    edited October 2015
    lol. most of those on consoles that haven't subscribed yet wont' change their mind now. among those that left the game doubt a console version changes their mind. they mostly had other problems with the game. Blizzard has to change the game heavily that will affect the PC version to some extent as well at the risk of losing many old fans.

if Blizzard was that thirsty for console money they would announce way more games for console by now beside Diablo 3. that does not mean that some of their games won't come to consoles. it just means they aren't that interested right now cause they dont need to. they go after PC centric genres on purpose.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Gretelda said:

if Blizzard was that thirsty for console money they would announce way more games for console by now beside Diablo 3. that does not mean that some of their games won't come to consoles. it just means they aren't that interested right now cause they dont need to. they go after PC centric genres on purpose.
    D3 is available on consoles (as you have pointed out). Hearthstone is available on iOS (and android?). So Blizz is not as PC-centric as you think.

Overwatch (a shooter) should be pretty straight forward to port to consoles .. whether Blizz does that will tell you if they intend to just stick with the PC. 
  • ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Gretelda said:

D3 is available on consoles (as you have pointed out). Hearthstone is available on iOS (and android?). So Blizz is not as PC-centric as you think.

Overwatch (a shooter) should be pretty straight forward to port to consoles .. whether Blizz does that will tell you if they intend to just stick with the PC. 

Hmmmn, blizz-wow on console,lol, why not, since I'm dreaming. Anyway, I have the 12 dreams of Doctor Sardonicus to comfort me either way ;)
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    rnor6084 said:
    Final Fantasy XIV has too many abilities also
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Volgore said:
    rnor6084 said:
    Keyboard and mouse support is 100 percent coming to Xbox one, it's basically going to make the Xbox one a pc. It's like steam box turning pc into console only Microsoft is turning a console into a pc. oo the number of abilities won't matter.
    Dont need keyboard and mouse, just make a cross hotbar like final fantasy xiv
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    rnor6084 said:
    Now that I think about it I bet consoles are the reason FFXIV's only meaningful high end content is capped at 8 man.
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Just speculating, but consider windows 10 coming to xbox one, xb1 has the hardware, and will be acquiring kb and mouse support, does the battle.net app become relevant on the xb1 and open up the entire blizzard library to xb1 users?

If it does, it would be a win for both companies, blizzard gamers, and xbox one owners alike.

I think it less of wow coming to console at this point and more console coming to wow by basically becoming a pc. Sort of like how pc came to console in the form of steam box only in reverse

rnor6084 said:

DID YOU KNOW UNDERSTAND XBOX 1 GETTING KEYBOARD AND MOUSE SUPPORT!!!!! TOO MANY ABILITIES NOT RELAVENT

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Its wow, nobody cares.
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Xeno.phon said:
    Its wow, nobody cares.
    sorry but your wrong there are millions around the world that care inc me. yeah i know im loser but whatever

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

doesn't MS like exclusive titles for xbox one?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

I'm reading , to many abilities, and what about ps4, and console money .... this is more about the convenience of the Xbox one for blizzard to open their library up on the console that is essentiality morphing into a pc.  number of abilities is irrelevant with keyboard and mouse support, ps4 is nice but won't be running windows 10, and console money .... this is where that convenience thing comes into play, the overhead to open the library up on the Xbox one is now non existent, which means even if not one Xbox one player played a blizz game, blizz would lose nothing. Essentially they have nothing to lose and potential gains.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Markn said:

and none of the revenue they gain outside of NA/EU matter.  Blizzard makes pennies in asia compared to what they make in NA/EU especially china where they make almost nothing.
    FOr many years the Asian countries had 2-1 the subs that the US/EU had in WoW...Has that changed?....Last numbers I heard still had it about a 2-1 ratio and that it had fallen quite a bit in US/EU.
  • MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    WoW will most likely never come to console, it's just too complex of a game and was build in a time where they didn't really port MMO's over to console.  It just wasn't built for it.

However, I could easily see HotS, Hearthstone, and definitely Overwatch coming to console.  Especially the latter.
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

Markn said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't China have the biggest accounts so far,WoW I mean? As in paid (and yes I know about the game cafes but a paid account is a paid account.)..?
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    I also think WoW on Xbone is a pipe dream, but hey weirder things have happened. However, as many others have stated, Hearthstone and Overwatch are perfect fits for consoles and I imagine Blizzard would love to have Heroes of the Storm on the console. I can't think of another moba available on consoles, HotS could be a first.

waynejr2 said:

doesn't MS like exclusive titles for xbox one?
    What i'm asking is why just x Box one exclusive when the X1 is doing horrible outside of the States, why limit your revenue??

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-reaches-a-new-low-in-japan-1713004688
  • fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    Kaneth said:
    .... I can't think of another moba available on consoles, HotS could be a first.
    Smite is on Xbox.
  • fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    edited October 2015

reeereee said:
    rnor6084 said:
    Now that I think about it I bet consoles are the reason FFXIV's only meaningful high end content is capped at 8 man.
    FFXIV also has 24 man raids. Also 72 man battlegrounds.