Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta Features Revealed | Blade & Soul | MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageClosed Beta Features Revealed | Blade & Soul | MMORPG.com

NCSoft is beginning to gear up for the Blade & Soul closed beta scheduled to begin on October 30th by revealing some of the things players can expect to see in the game. Founder's Pack owners will be able to spend their NCoin freely during the CBT as doing so will not affect their total once the open beta and subsequent release arrive.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    is possible to buy crafting items and upgrade weapons so..... u know what is the magic word ;)

l2p

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Piscore said:
    is possible to buy crafting items and upgrade weapons so..... u know what is the magic word ;)
    pay to win?
  • abahnurabahnur Member UncommonPosts: 63
    psiic said:
    Piscore said:
    pay to win?
    isn't that just grand :|
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Sooo... CB features = tons of details involving the cash shop and telling people to buy the founders pack. Seems legit.

Smile

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Another asian cash grab. Don't say you wern't warned.
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    unclemo said:
    If it were Trion, you could definitely expect an upgrade failure rate close to impossible with the phony justification that harder to get = less floating around in the community when what it actually does is shift it all to an incredibly small WEALTHY fraction of players. But this is NCsoft, not Trion. And each of NCSoft's games has been different in how they approach gouging the consumer. Other than that, I feel that this game is a solid pvp-oriented theme park and pretty fun, in its essence not a cash grab by my definition but I wouldn't go into it looking to make it my no. 1 lifetime mmo
  • Toxicity28Toxicity28 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    psiic said:
    Piscore said:
    pay to win?
    Love it when people cry pay to win. I gives me a hard on knowing that.
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    psiic said:
    Piscore said:
    pay to win?
    Love it when people cry pay to win. I gives me a hard on knowing that.
    You get a hard on knowing that you love it when people cry pay to win? A little arbitrary but everyone has their kink, I guess.
  • EquiNoxyEquiNoxy Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited October 2015
     I don't really know why...but I have the feeling that the dobok will be kind of expensive...
  • Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    i am utterly disapponted with BnS. 3y ago i was keeping an eye on it. and now? its an instanced themepark mmo, where you have no open world. stupid mobs are hanging around lethargic like in every other themepark. you cant play the game when you use the dungeon finder. why should i bother with dungeons? they are instanced....i dont understand hows mmos could devolve so much. i really see no point in playing this game and i love asian games. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    All these comments and it'll likely still do better than Wildstar. That's funny.
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    You know what is a feature? Character aging, seige battles, mini-games, morphing of items, crafting, choices, raiding. This isn't a feature. That's a monitization plan not a feature of the game. Sure you can broaden the scope to include it, but you could do that with anything. Features are things that work to add to the part of the game, not to give you stuff in-game via an interface. When I hear features, I want to know what i'll be doing in-game. The first thing you tell me about in features tends to be what you're most proud of. If that's your cash shop as it appears to be then I know where this game stands. I also know where I stand, and it's not with this game.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    EquiNoxy said:
     I don't really know why...but I have the feeling that the dobok will be kind of expensive...
    yeah me too:(
  • TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114
    unclemo said:
    What was the name of that game that was developped in the west that asked for 1K $ for pixels again?
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Tenkousei said:
    unclemo said:
    What was the name of that game that was developped in the west that asked for 1K $ for pixels again?
    I think that was a European game made by gpotato. I believe it was Allod's Online.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Tenkousei said:
    unclemo said:
    Star Citizen?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Albatroes said:
    All these comments and it'll likely still do better than Wildstar. That's funny.
    hehehehehehe
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    IceAge said:
    Tenkousei said:
    unclemo said:
    Star Citizen?
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    edited October 2015
    Piscore said:
    What's the word when you can buy the Real Money Currency with currency earned by playing? . . "In addition, players can check out the currency exchange that allows the exchange of gold for NCoins." . . Maybe take a literacy class? It seems you've already aced the "Misinformation 101" course. . .
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Piscore said:
    BANANAAAAAA!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    edited October 2015
    also, alot of misinformation in the article here as well.

1) the player's currency exchange allows buying gold with NCcoin, but the selling of gold does not get you NCcoin, but rather Hongmoon coin (a currency that is specific to BnS cashshop, as NCcoin can be used across all games NC publishes). . . .
     2) hongmoon coin can be acquired with out use of the Currency exchange, as they are rewards for in game activities. . . . .

TO THE EDITOR:PLEASE MESSAGE ME THE ADDRESS WHERE I SHOULD SEND MY CONSULTING JOURNALIST FEE
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Wait, first round of closed beta has the cash shop open? Will they be wiping char advancement? Is this a soft release? If it is I may buy in.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Nanfoodle said:
    Wait, first round of closed beta has the cash shop open? Will they be wiping char advancement? Is this a soft release? If it is I may buy in.

They'll be wiping it. Any NCOIN spent during CBT will be refunded for full launch next year.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    DMKano said:
    Remember that your hongomoon weapon is the only one that can be evolved into legendary - so basically within every class players will end up with the same identical weapon end game Easy to balance
    Good info. A system like that is a huge selling point for me. Thanks for the heads up.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2015
    Yet one more game that is not ready to be sold but is ready to sell the game via founders packs. Is this even a beta or is it a for sale system,that only those buying get in until we deem no more sales can be made,then all of a sudden it magically is released in the exact same state as this so called beta.

This rinse and repeat gimmick is extremely tiresome.It is pretty simple really,you pay us you get to play the game,from where i stand that is a product "for sale".

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.