Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade - Alpha Testing & Beyond with Nathan Richardsson

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion
imageWarhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade - Alpha Testing & Beyond with Nathan Richardsson

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade entered closed alpha just a few short weeks ago, and has been getting tons of updates weekly ever since. We caught up with Executive Producer Nathan Richardsson to chat about the game, and what's next.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    This is another project that sounded great when they announced it, but since then they have backed off of what they promised. As the game stands now it is basically a lobby shooter with a Warhammer theme. They still claim they will make the open world idea work, but I heard that from Firefall too. I think if and how well the open world aspect works out will make or break this game.
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    donger56 said:
    This is another project that sounded great when they announced it, but since then they have backed off of what they promised. As the game stands now it is basically a lobby shooter with a Warhammer theme. They still claim they will make the open world idea work, but I heard that from Firefall too. I think if and how well the open world aspect works out will make or break this game.
    this.... it will just leave everybody disappointed.... they shouldnt have stomped the warhammer mmo
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    well, if they stay THAT clean, this game will feel wrong again. seriously, this is warhammer, not warcraft. those armors need more blood and tears!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I have hope someone ll start make mmoRPG in warhammer 40k universe, Warhammer40k Dark Millennium was on good way but canceled ,how sad ,
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    edited October 2015
    The fanboi's on the WH40K EC forums are already crushing every opinion that is not positive, despite the fact the Devs want feedback of any type. When fanboi's harrass, bully, and crush all negative opinion always results in a bad game because it takes away the whole meaning for the Alpha and Beta Testing. Even worse, most moderators on their forum are helping the fanboi's crush any opinion or testing feedback that is not their own. They need to FIRE ALL THEIR MODERATORS and get honest ones, and crack down on those who shut down anyone's testing feedback they do not agree with. No MMORPG its just a shooter of the worst kind.
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    I have hope someone ll start make mmoRPG in warhammer 40k universe, Warhammer40k Dark Millennium was on good way but canceled ,how sad ,
    i wished too, but seeing how daybreak struggles with eqn, how there is no aaa mmo on the horizon outside of maybe korea (which are probably not aaa) and how this would be a 200m+ project to make it good, i fear the age of classical mmo is over....
  • BatpimpBatpimp Member UncommonPosts: 29
    edited October 2015
    @Gorwe
    "It sounds like a scam, just read this: "...when we'll see them in alpha and beta I can't say..." So, if I got this right alpha and beta will run shoulder by shoulder? What's the point in either then? Yah fml smh!"
    There is no scam. In what world have you ever seen an alpha and beta run concurrently? You are misunderstanding. Alpha first ----> then beta then release. Like every game in existence. Do you have an example of otherwise?
    " @donger This is another project that sounded great when they announced it, but since then they have backed off of what they promised. As the game stands now it is basically a lobby shooter with a Warhammer theme. They still claim they will make the open world idea work, but I heard that from Firefall too. I think if and how well the open world aspect works out will make or break this game. "
    [mod edit]
    " @unleaded:The fanboi's on the WH40K EC forums are already crushing every opinion that is not positive, despite the fact the Devs want feedback of any type. When fanboi's harrass, bully, and crush all negative opinion always results in a bad game because it takes away the whole meaning for the Alpha and Beta Testing. Even worse, most moderators on their forum are helping the fanboi's crush any opinion or testing feedback that is not their own. They need to FIRE ALL THEIR MODERATORS and get honest ones, and crack down on those who shut down anyone's testing feedback they do not agree with. No MMORPG its just a shooter of the worst kind. "
    Though there are fanbois in the game, like every game, nobody is crushing every opinion that it not positive. Here are day 1 initial impressions unfiltered, you can see mine in there too. Nobody negative opinion is being squashed in the general sense. I am a moderator on that forum (http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/members/gorilla.81/) and I can tell you I don't close threads or moderate threads because they have negative reviews of the game. in fact those are the one I leave open on purpose. If you feel that is untrue I invite you to speak to me on the forums and we can help you out. It is currently a shooter and was never marketed as an RPG. It is an open world shooter where there are big battles everywhere.
    Ziegfried: “Yep, killed two dev's so far. This game ROCKS !” Sven Van Heerden: “I got to shoot from a predator, and drive a rhino. Ima go take a cold shower now.” Terry: It's like Christmas, without the presents, food, family and other assorted accoutrements. Just the anxiety and post-depression. Falwell: I pretty much made Michael Chan my property today, and I just wanted that to be taken into design consideration. Real feedback: It's a pretty damn good start. Intercept: best alpha-starting I have been present. Good Performance, Good Game! MintyFiz: “after playing a few games.....you guys my may have something hear here its fun :) Psychopski: "Alpha is awesome!" ... "How do we report Brent because he's always killing friendlies??" Grigdusher: "I have fight against a tank with a sword and it's awesome" DreamorCZE: “Lovely start, lovely alpha, lovely to shoot and to get shot.” Valrak [V-M]: Amazing, really enjoying it this far! Board_Norse: Dear everyone at Behaviour, I LOVE this game ! Thank you all so very very much :D Crioxus Arigulius: “For a Alpha start it's very promising !” Kappa: “Really enjoying it, I also love the animation and sound work on interaction with control points, especially since its Alpha. Good stuff.” Sanguinary Priest Orr: “In the grim darkness of the far future there is only a desire for more! Whether with bolter or chainsword combat is fast and fun. I can't wait for launch!” Black Cardinal Peaches: You guys are doing a superb job. This is great fun already. o: WNx Vociferous: Great game sir, absolutely loving it Jean-Marie Gueirard: “EC is so awesome! Angry Mailman: Awesome game so far great work! Batpimp : so far everything really good. Once we get better map balance for point A and the ques working correctly for auto faction select it will be more fun. Right now i havent seen or played as a single CSM win. Either the SM is always over populated or the CSM guys are new. Basically both.
    Post edited by Amana on
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited October 2015
    Get the open world up and running. Until then, I'll just play Space Marine. If it never happens, then i'll be expecting a refund. I bought Space Marine for $10, and it works just fine as a lobby shooter. I didn't pay $80 just to get the same fucking thing. And Space Marine has a good single player campaign too.

Oh, and fire that moron you guys brought in who basically says an open world can't be done, then proceeds to wave aside people who bring up games like Firefall, Planetside, and the like by saying those games don't meet his own personal definition of what 'open world' means. Can't remember his name, but he's an idiot.

Why do I have the feeling that I'm going to have to wait for the next Dawn of War game (if there ever is one) to get a decent 40K title? Ah well, at least Vermintide looks promising on the fantasy end of things.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Can't believe games workshop  gave these guys a licence 
    Get the open world up and running. Until then, I'll just play Space Marine. If it never happens, then i'll be expecting a refund. I bought Space Marine for $10, and it works just fine as a lobby shooter. I didn't pay $80 just to get the same fucking thing. And Space Marine has a good single player campaign too.

Oh, and fire that moron you guys brought in who basically says an open world can't be done, then proceeds to wave aside people who bring up games like Firefall, Planetside, and the like by saying those games don't meet his own personal definition of what 'open world' means. Can't remember his name, but he's an idiot.

Why do I have the feeling that I'm going to have to wait for the next Dawn of War game (if there ever is one) to get a decent 40K title? Ah well, at least Vermintide looks promising on the fantasy end of things.
    im not sure what you didnt get from my previous post where i said they are making a incremental scale up to the large open world battles. They have already said its not impossible but making it incredible ,like we all want, doesnt happen instantly. nobody is making a lobby shooters and i am not sure what you're so salty about. The game isnt finished. Nathan is the producer you are talking about. Those games are not open world if you in the way its defined by the players. He should know since he made eve and defiance as "open" as they are.
    @gorwe Ah i see. Your 1st post was pretty dramatic. I too am waiting to see ork and THEN i will judge the game.
  • attrocytusattrocytus Member CommonPosts: 2
    Use this WARHAMMER ETERNAL CRUSADE - REFERRAL COD. : EC-9W8HZMKW9WUNG when you login for EXTRA 4000K RTpoints to trade in exclusive armor and weapons!!!