Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen | Death of a Salesman | MMORPG

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Brenics said:

I understand that, but in the same breath fanboy's are taking everything Roberts says as fact and what ever DS says as a lie and also what ever these 9 individuals said as lies with no proof. 

The one point brought up that should worry the fanboy's where there is smoke there is fire. But they think GOD Roberts will never do anything wrong or lie to them. If you really go back in time and look at every word Roberts has said, you will find a lot of lies he told to people. But to fanboy's I bet they say oh he misspoke. That's just Roberts going off again. 

This whole thing is rather sad because if Roberts would of held on to the original idea he had we all would be playing Star Citizen right now. 
      Where there is smoke there is fire, is an asinine point to make in such a situation. Especially if you expect it to be the thread stopper. It's a figurative statement, you can't judge real situations outright based on figurative expression. What if the fire is three doors over?

I'd also like to see what you call lies, as well as evaluate what transpired in relation to those lies...

I mean you could say he lied about the release date, but then you have to consider they also handled that with their community. AT least to some extent. Those that spoke opted for the change in scope/ expectation of release. And that's what folks like yourself need to realize, every version you cling to has a equally viable counter point. Clinging to the "fanbois" rebuttal doesn't make your stance any stronger or more logical.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    BMBender said:
    Brenics said:

Even going as far as editing people posts to fit what he wants said. Anything to make CR look good. 
    That is not in fact what happened, I apologized that I misquoted you and explained why do not read more into it than that
    Yeah yeah blame it on the site. Sorry don't believe you.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827

That is not in fact what happened, I apologized that I misquoted you and explained why do not read more into it than that
    Yeah yeah blame it on the site. Sorry don't believe you.
    Bottom of last page last two posts, it should be fairly obvious.  But I f you wish to play the victim so be it.  Last I have to say on the matter.

Rhoklaw said:
    Star Citizen has had one positive effect on me. It's convinced me to never "donate" money to a game that doesn't exist.
    Which is exactly what we been saying, it is going to hurt crowdfunding all because of SC and CR!

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Brenics said:
    Brenics said:
    Brenics said:
    Talonsin said:

Here is some evidence:
    1. They are way past the date Chris said the game would be launched
    2. We have no video of gameplay other than a few of the modules
    3. Several top people have walked away from the project
    4. Several ex-employees that were visually verified have spoken out about wrong doings at the company

Name the due date ..
    Plenty of game play footage on youtube
    Name the "top" People
    Name the ex-employeess names and job titles. ..
    LOL of course you want the names of the traitors for talking bad about CR. Which is the exact reason they are being protected. But you guys will never understand that. The top 3 have been answered a number of times but you fanboys refuse to accept it. 
    I think most people understand that, actually.  At least I have no problem with the ex-employees wanting to remain anonymous.  But their information about the more serious allegations needs to be accompanied by supporting evidence.  Otherwise, we're left to just take their word on it, which considering they could say anything they want with impunity (because they're shielded by anonymity) I'm disinclined to assume their statements are fact.  Anonymity to protect one's self is fine.  But saying somebody shit on your lawn without even having a photograph of the shit?  That's a little too much to ask.
    I understand that, but in the same breath fanboy's are taking everything Roberts says as fact and what ever DS says as a lie and also what ever these 9 individuals said as lies with no proof. 

The one point brought up that should worry the fanboy's where there is smoke there is fire. But they think GOD Roberts will never do anything wrong or lie to them. If you really go back in time and look at every word Roberts has said, you will find a lot of lies he told to people. But to fanboy's I bet they say oh he misspoke. That's just Roberts going off again. 

This whole thing is rather sad because if Roberts would of held on to the original idea he had we all would be playing Star Citizen right now. 
    So by that logic The Escapist should be absolutely terrified as some people have pointed out discrepancies in the information some of these aforementioned 9 individuals gave them. I've stayed away from the vetting of sources argument as I find it to be just a dog chasing its own tail, but if your theory of if there's smoke then there must be fire is accurate then maybe those sources actually are a pack of no good liars out to ruin a companies good name. Nice how making pointed accusations without facts works isn't it. What I say doesn't have to be true it just has to seem true enough for others to incorporate it into their own predestined narrow minded view of the world.

"Today I made an appearance downtown
    I am an expert witness, because I say I am
    And I said, 'Gentleman, and I use that word loosely
    I will testify for you
    I'm a gun for hire, I'm a saint, I'm a liar
    Because there are no facts, there is no truth
    Just a data to be manipulated
    I can get any result you like
    What's it worth to ya?
    Because there is no wrong, there is no right
    And I sleep very well at night
    No shame, no solution
    No remorse, no retribution
    Just people selling T-shirts
    Just opportunity to participate in the pathetic little circus
    And winning, winning, winning'"

The facts are just as reliable as any Roberts has made. You can't call all these people liars yet say CR is a saint and is telling the truth. Which is exactly why this is becoming really bad for CR. It looks and smells like he is sending out his attack dogs to attack anything he doesn't like.

Even going as far as editing people posts to fit what he wants said. Anything to make CR look good. 
    No one has been saying  Roberts is a saint. Pretty much the majority feel each sides words should be taking with a pinch of salt, until real info is out.

My problem (which might not be the same as others) is with the article it's self. I don't care who it's directed at, I would have felt the same way about it regardless.  I just feel the way it had been released was horrid. Making serious allegation and printing it publicly, but not backing up what you have with real evidence. Great you have sources, but what any good is that to me? Just seem to me their trying to smear someones name or some sort of agenda, because look what it caused, people at each other throat.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited October 2015
    Brenics said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Star Citizen has had one positive effect on me. It's convinced me to never "donate" money to a game that doesn't exist.
    Which is exactly what we been saying, it is going to hurt crowdfunding all because of SC and CR!
    ONly for those willing to make up their minds on such a thing based on hearsay and speculation, as well as solitary examples. I mean what if SC does release and it's a great game? What about the myriad of examples of other great games that came by way of KS?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Distopia said:
    Brenics said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    ONly for those willing to make up their minds on such a thing based on hearsay and speculation, as well as solitary examples. I mean what if SC does release and it's a great game? What about the myriad of examples of other great games that came by way of KS?
    Crusaders like Brenics don't bother with "what if"s and alternatives. For them SC is already a failed project which will spill doom to the crowd funding scene. After all he lives for the day when CR will answer to court with former CIG employees as key witnesses, according to one of his posts here.
    Herase said:
    Brenics said:
    Brenics said:
    Brenics said:
    Talonsin said:

Here is some evidence:
    1. They are way past the date Chris said the game would be launched
    2. We have no video of gameplay other than a few of the modules
    3. Several top people have walked away from the project
    4. Several ex-employees that were visually verified have spoken out about wrong doings at the company

Name the due date ..
    Plenty of game play footage on youtube
    Name the "top" People
    Name the ex-employeess names and job titles. ..
    LOL of course you want the names of the traitors for talking bad about CR. Which is the exact reason they are being protected. But you guys will never understand that. The top 3 have been answered a number of times but you fanboys refuse to accept it. 
    I think most people understand that, actually.  At least I have no problem with the ex-employees wanting to remain anonymous.  But their information about the more serious allegations needs to be accompanied by supporting evidence.  Otherwise, we're left to just take their word on it, which considering they could say anything they want with impunity (because they're shielded by anonymity) I'm disinclined to assume their statements are fact.  Anonymity to protect one's self is fine.  But saying somebody shit on your lawn without even having a photograph of the shit?  That's a little too much to ask.

So by that logic The Escapist should be absolutely terrified as some people have pointed out discrepancies in the information some of these aforementioned 9 individuals gave them. I've stayed away from the vetting of sources argument as I find it to be just a dog chasing its own tail, but if your theory of if there's smoke then there must be fire is accurate then maybe those sources actually are a pack of no good liars out to ruin a companies good name. Nice how making pointed accusations without facts works isn't it. What I say doesn't have to be true it just has to seem true enough for others to incorporate it into their own predestined narrow minded view of the world.

"Today I made an appearance downtown
    I am an expert witness, because I say I am
    And I said, 'Gentleman, and I use that word loosely
    I will testify for you
    I'm a gun for hire, I'm a saint, I'm a liar
    Because there are no facts, there is no truth
    Just a data to be manipulated
    I can get any result you like
    What's it worth to ya?
    Because there is no wrong, there is no right
    And I sleep very well at night
    No shame, no solution
    No remorse, no retribution
    Just people selling T-shirts
    Just opportunity to participate in the pathetic little circus
    And winning, winning, winning'"

The facts are just as reliable as any Roberts has made. You can't call all these people liars yet say CR is a saint and is telling the truth. Which is exactly why this is becoming really bad for CR. It looks and smells like he is sending out his attack dogs to attack anything he doesn't like.

No one has been saying  Roberts is a saint. Pretty much the majority feel each sides words should be taking with a pinch of salt, until real info is out.

My problem (which might not be the same as others) is with the article it's self. I don't care who it's directed at, I would have felt the same way about it regardless.  I just feel the way it had been released was horrid. Making serious allegation and printing it publicly, but not backing up what you have with real evidence. Great you have sources, but what any good is that to me? Just seem to me their trying to smear someones name or some sort of agenda, because look what it caused, people at each other throat.

Of course that is a problem for you backers and CR. That is why you are all calling it BS. You all wish it was never brought to the front from witnesses. That way CR could just go on with his money making scam. 

• ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88

From three months ago.

From 4 day ago.

this only 2 of the 3790 results  for Star Citizen ship size comparisons.
    Still looks like progress to me.
  • Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666
    Name the "top" People
    Just off the top of my head, and I know I'm forgetting folks.

Alex Mayberry  - Executive Producer
    Travis Day - Senior Producer
    Eric Peterson - Executive Producer
    Rob Irvin - Lead Designer
    Chris Olivia - Chief Visual Officer
    Jason Spangler - Chief Technical Officer

... man, there are four or five others, but I'm drawing a blank.  
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Brenics said:

Of course that is a problem for you backers and CR. That is why you are all calling it BS. You all wish it was never brought to the front from witnesses. That way CR could just go on with his money making scam. 
    A scam.. really?

Let's try to keep things in perspective here. The way you talk about CR makes someone believe that you have some deeper, personal issues with the man. It goes beyond criticism.

Do you really believe that someone would hire a team of 250+ developers and utilize offices in two continents just to scam people for money ?
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:

A scam.. really?

Let's try to keep things in perspective here. The way you talk about CR makes someone believe that you have some deeper, personal issues with the man. It goes beyond criticism.

Do you really believe that someone would hire a team of 250+ developers and utilize offices in two continents just to scam people for money ?
    LOL I expected this. So predictable.

• user547user547 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Prior to this defamatory assault, most of the people who had even heard of Star Citizen might have thought it was very strange to be throwing that much money at virtual spaceships.  It seems very odd to spend that much money on one item in a game that isn't even made yet.  It was also strange that you didn't hear more about the actual game.  What are you going to do with that cool looking concept art when you get it?

But this latest shit show is too much.  To watch a brazen Derek Smart try to Derek Smart ANOTHER game developer, destroy them, and take their property is too much.  He is doing it in full view with willing accomplices, and everyone is willing to be distracted away from facts and let it just go by.  That's not acceptable.

Say whatever you want about the unusual aspects of how Star Citizen is being made (still don't know what the actual game is other than of flying a ship for some reason, and shooting people in FPS for some reason) but don't go nuts and feed into an inferno of crazy.  There are a lot of people who are having trouble separating their own ego needs from objective reality, and confusing the two.  This is not healthy.  But it's prime red meat for predators and parasites.

Remember, games and talking about gaming are supposed to be FUN. (lol?)
  • AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:

A scam.. really?

Bernie Madoff?  I'm teasing, but really there's no bounds or lengths that people won't go to try and screw other people.  That said, I think it's a stretch to say the CR ever set out to screw people through Kickstarter or the game he is trying to build.  More likely, as many have already said, he's a visionary that wants to make a good game but is having a hell of a time managing that vision.  At the end of the day, everyone is just going to have to play the game that is available which is the waiting game. ;D

Arillix said:

From three months ago.

From 4 day ago.

this only 2 of the 3790 results  for Star Citizen ship size comparisons.
    Still looks like progress to me.
    I don't think anyone deny's the guy makes great looking ships. Other than what he sells them for this has never really been about the ships, so you confuse me why you would post this in this thread. 

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    More Don Henley quotes please.

/nomnomnom
    -Chuckles
  • Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400
    I'ma need a bit more butter over here. Don't worry about salt though, there is enough of that coming from the Hate-train and the White-knights-who-say-ni to last me at least five more buckets of popcorn.
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Axllow18 said:
    I'ma need a bit more butter over here. Don't worry about salt though, there is enough of that coming from the Hate-train and the White-knights-who-say-ni to last me at least five more buckets of popcorn.
    What makes it all the more entertaining is the fervent rage members of each side use to get their points across. You can actually watch through the posts how some people are actually losing grip on reality and falling into a panicked state of paranoia. It's kinda like watching someone self-destruct in semi-real time!

It's almost as good as reading Garfield minus Garfield .

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    edited October 2015
    Brenics said:

I don't think anyone deny's the guy makes great looking ships. Other than what he sells them for this has never really been about the ships, so you confuse me why you would post this in this thread. 
    Now here's something on which we both might agree. Saying the game is excellent or progressing based on some ship designs is like saying the new Star Wars films will be excellent because of how great the new action figures are. Get those ships modeled, textured, rigged and into a playable environment and then we can talk.
    if I was a watch maker and people wanted to pay me for some prototype watches I had made......even though I tell them they are prototypes and the "best watch ever" is still in development......and then they say "well sell me that one,  I want to tell time now"....and then I tell them this one doesn't work,  the one that does work is still being worked on....what should I do?....turn down money that will help me fulfill my life long dream of making an awesome watch?....then the people buying my prototypes start to tell me how they would want there ideal watch....so I found a huge market for these watches.....but the list of features and models is starting to get out of hand.....I think a lot of the feature creep is due to impatient people with disposable income being,  well,  impatient.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    http://www.develop-online.net/interview/is-star-citizen-a-crowdfunding-black-hole/0212249

If you don't want to go to the link to read the story, here's the tl;dr version:

:p

fyerwall said:
    Axllow18 said:
    What makes it all the more entertaining is the fervent rage members of each side use to get their points across. You can actually watch through the posts how some people are actually losing grip on reality and falling into a panicked state of paranoia. It's kinda like watching someone self-destruct in semi-real time!

It's almost as good as reading Garfield minus Garfield .
    It is a tad surreal isn't it? There are the usual suspects on both sides who flagrantly ignore the counter-arguments brought up by the opposing viewpoint and instead focus entirely on the erm... "facts" (Haha) of this whole thing. Meanwhile both sides call each other cultists and fling accusations of bias without any attempt to step back and look in the mirror.

I've become so desensitized to this level of schadenfreude online that I've begun to find myself guilty of it.

This must be how the Joker got started...
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.  As games go it's not unusual for a game to take five years to launch.  It's also not unusual for people to have problems managing millions of dollars especially with no one to directly answer to.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    edited October 2015
    Look... This is what is going to "redefine the FPS genre" according with CIG statements:

:)

jcrg99 said:
    Look... This is what is going to "redefine the FPS genre" according with CIG statements:

:)

Huh. That looked pretty nifty.

If you can do that boarding other ships in a large persistent world then... yeah... that would be pushing the boundary.

Sooooooo... Am I supposed to be shocked that an alpha build looks like an Alpha build? Or what?