Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Employees Speak Out on Project Woes!

Comments

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited October 2015
    Apparently my post aren't reasonable, but these previous few ones are ? lol

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    edited October 2015
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    It is one thing to believe DS or CR. But if you have money in the game you can believe CR no problem. But why not ask for proof? Are you guys really that scared to even pose the question(s) to CR to see if he even has a engine that will create the world of SC? I know the one's that believe DS aren't scared to ask him any questions and he pretty much does answer. But even still we have answers from people that actually worked on CS that pretty much backs up DS. 

I just don't get the reason for you guys with money in the game and why you won't at least ask CR to show them something, anything that shows he does have a real engine and what it can do! If he doesn't have the engine that will create CS he is a good 5 years away from even getting a pre alpha out the door. Shouldn't you at least be a little worried about this? 

All this whole DS CR battle has done is create fighting between the gamer's. Demanding to see the engine really isn't asking to much guys and if it has been asked over on the CS forums what is the responses to those questions? Do you get real answers or are you attacked and are you attack from backers or CR and or people that work for CS?

I really wish these questions would be answered without attacks. But I feel that just will not happen and that is the sad part of all of this.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    edited October 2015
    Dat proof

CR.jpg 68.9K
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    edited October 2015
    Shodanas said:
    "He has slandered my family members and business partners. He has publically doxed me, sharing the address of my home in LA, pictures of my wife and five year old daughter..."

What the hell... can he do that?

not much longer I would guess.
    They´ve already sent a cease and desist to Smartpants. He said he fed it to his dog.
    Well, dis gun be good.
    Dat proof

Keep posting things like this, you are just showing yourself to be a troll.
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Brenics said:
    It is one thing to believe DS or CR. But if you have money in the game you can believe CR no problem. But why not ask for proof? Are you guys really that scared to even pose the question(s) to CR to see if he even has a engine that will create the world of SC? I know the one's that believe DS aren't scared to ask him any questions and he pretty much does answer. But even still we have answers from people that actually worked on CS that pretty much backs up DS. 

I just don't get the reason for you guys with money in the game and why you won't at least ask CR to show them something, anything that shows he does have a real engine and what it can do! If he doesn't have the engine that will create CS he is a good 5 years away from even getting a pre alpha out the door. Shouldn't you at least be a little worried about this? 

All this whole DS CR battle has done is create fighting between the gamer's. Demanding to see the engine really isn't asking to much guys and if it has been asked over on the CS forums what is the responses to those questions? Do you get real answers or are you attacked and are you attack from backers or CR and or people that work for CS?

I really wish these questions would be answered without attacks. But I feel that just will not happen and that is the sad part of all of this.
    Firstly: Most of the counter by supporters has seemed to be of the "We don't agree with that thing you are saying." That is not the same thing as saying "There may not be problems". There can always be problems.

Second: Why should anyone feel like you feel about how far along the game is? You being unhappy with the progress is fine. It in itself is not a reason for others to be unhappy. It is subjective and personal.

Third: To damn many games get rushed out in my opinion(note opinion). I prefer when companies take as much time as they deem is needed. After release or failure to release I willl judge them accordingly.

Fourth: Yah the whole DS vs CR thing is stupid. Having said that you must look at the credibility of the parties involved. Neither is perfect, no human is. And individual assessments will vary. Most of this issue comes from the few individuals in this thread who refuse to accept that both of them can be wrong or right even at the same time.

Fifth: To say CIG doesn't show us anything with the amount of data they toss at us monthly is dishonest. They aren't showing what you want to see I can accept, but that doesn't mean they show us nothing.

Really this all comes down to personal preferences and opinions being used as cudgels labeled the truth, when they aren't. If you really want to see a healthy active community everyone would try reading each others posts with charity instead of judgement. Ask for clarification if their point isn't clear. Comment on each others arguments and not each others character. Like it or not, whatever side you are on(and there are more than 2), we are all riding the same roller coaster together, and you can't get off in the middle.
    DocBrody said:
    Shodanas said:
    "He has slandered my family members and business partners. He has publically doxed me, sharing the address of my home in LA, pictures of my wife and five year old daughter..."

They´ve already sent a cease and desist to Smartpants. He said he fed it to his dog.
    Well, dis gun be good.
    I love it when false rumors take a life of their own. There is no facts to back up he ever did this and he has even commented he never did it. But you guys keep posting false bs. 

AnnaTS said:
    Dat proof

No he is displaying a sense of humor. 
    You are however showing a surprising lack of one.
    Believe it or not we are allowed to kid, joke and have general enjoyment come out of this exchange.

Thourne said:
    AnnaTS said:
    Dat proof

No he is displaying a sense of humor. 
    You are however showing a surprising lack of one.
    Believe it or not we are allowed to kid, joke and have general enjoyment come out of this exchange.

Yes because some of the accusations being made are hilarious.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    AnnaTS said:

Don't worry, I made a couple of completely legitimately logical arguments, one to you, actually, which also went ignored. Try not to take offense. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:

Don't worry, I made a couple of completely legitimately logical arguments, one to you, actually, which also went ignored. Try not to take offense. 
    I am not taking any offense i haven't put any money into Star Citizen, but when people make stupid posts, how do they expect people to take them serious in their other posts, it would be different if this was a thread for jokes.

But when people say my posts are unreasonable especially when i haven't wrote stuff that aren't far fetched or on Alex Jones conspiracy theory level then i have to laugh.

One of my post there is even an apology in it but i assume that got over looked and i do read peoples posts.
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    edited October 2015
    Totally just having a good time. But in reality there is no way I could have posted to try to be funny without offending someone.
    AnnaTS said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:

I am not taking any offense i haven't put any money into Star Citizen, but when people make stupid posts, how do they expect people to take them serious in their other posts, it would be different if this was a thread for jokes.

But when people say my posts are unreasonable especially when i haven't wrote stuff that aren't far fetched or on Alex Jones conspiracy theory level then i have to laugh.

One of my post there is even an apology in it but i assume that got over looked and i do read peoples posts.
    (see bold text)
    Because people are aware people aren't 1 dimensional and may discuss things that are serious and yet still be funny.
    edited October 2015
    AnnaTS said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:

I think you should lighten up a little bit.  That's my opinion and you're welcome to disagree (which you undoubtedly will).
    I am fine i was just trying to get another point across, because my posts are unreasonable but they think the ones they just posted are. lol
  • SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:
    Shodanas said:

Well, dis gun be good.
    I love it when false rumors take a life of their own. There is no facts to back up he ever did this and he has even commented he never did it. But you guys keep posting false bs. 
    I found this legal letter: 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4497650/15-09-30_Cease_Desist_Letter_from_RSI.pdf
    AnnaTS said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:

Trying to be serious about this topic ultimately garners zero response. If you implement any sort of logical argument, it will be immediately ignored. However, if you offer any sort of argument which puts you anywhere but directly balanced on the fence, you will find yourself under attack. 

I generally adhere to the notion that the simplest answer is usually the right one. Whether or not that applies here, I don't know. Ultimately, though, we've got a bunch of allegations which seem overly fantastical, yet 250+ employees who seem to be working away without a peep. We have a game that isn't coming out because it's all a scam, yet they are spending all the money on developing the game that isn't being developed (salaries, office, etc). It makes more sense to release the game, since it will, ultimately, make more money in a released state than it will in it's current state. As a released game, the opportunity to create cash flow only increases. Finally, the amount of money remaining in the SC project budget is less than Chris Roberts' net worth anyway. So what's the motivation? We're talking about a high-risk, low yield opportunity. Remember that even if CR releases SC, if it isn't done right, he may get sued. These are all logical arguments, but don't mention them because they don't matter right now. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    edited October 2015
    AnnaTS said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:

In especially heated discussion there needs to be place for emotions and having a good laughter can brighten things up a bit and take some heat out... like in this thread.

Some of us got a bit angry, upset or just emotional and after some mild words the fun broke through. Some of us had some fun and now we are back at discussing these topics.

It's exactly like in workshops I hold in my previous job... after one hour people cannot concentrate enough and emotions can break through. Taking a break and having a little off topic conversation brings back energy and concentration. 
    Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:
    Shodanas said:

Well, dis gun be good.
    I found this legal letter: 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4497650/15-09-30_Cease_Desist_Letter_from_RSI.pdf
    LOL from his lawyer who could of been one of the 3 stooges. That is no fact and if you would investigate you would see all of those comments were tweets sent to DS. Plus how can anyone say it is a threat when the child's pic was put up on IMB and was public knowledge for all to see. That proves nothing and by how the letter is written if he was my lawyer I would fire him. 

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited October 2015
    Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:
    Shodanas said:

Well, dis gun be good.
    How is what you said any different from the topic at hand? This whole issue is passed around rumors and  accusations. There's no solid proof or evidence going both ways. Find it weird you write this, considering your view in this thread. /shrug 
    edited October 2015
    CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:

Trying to be serious about this topic ultimately garners zero response. If you implement any sort of logical argument, it will be immediately ignored. However, if you offer any sort of argument which puts you anywhere but directly balanced on the fence, you will find yourself under attack. 

I generally adhere to the notion that the simplest answer is usually the right one. Whether or not that applies here, I don't know. Ultimately, though, we've got a bunch of allegations which seem overly fantastical, yet 250+ employees who seem to be working away without a peep. We have a game that isn't coming out because it's all a scam, yet they are spending all the money on developing the game that isn't being developed (salaries, office, etc). It makes more sense to release the game, since it will, ultimately, make more money in a released state than it will in it's current state. As a released game, the opportunity to create cash flow only increases. Finally, the amount of money remaining in the SC project budget is less than Chris Roberts' net worth anyway. So what's the motivation? We're talking about a high-risk, low yield opportunity. Remember that even if CR releases SC, if it isn't done right, he may get sued. These are all logical arguments, but don't mention them because they don't matter right now. 
    I see you used the word scam, just to let people know i have never used the word scam in any of my posts, i have made my view clear on what i think but i know others have used the word scam in their posts.

You say this project is less than Chris Roberts net worth, i asked a question last night but all i got was some ramble on what the game is going to be.

This is what i asked.

If chris roberts is as sucessful as people say, then why didn't he use his own money for the project, because the original kickstarter wasn't even asking for much ?

I did get one reasonable response and it said in the response, because there is risk and things can go wrong.

That is all i have been trying to get across to people, don't believe everything a guy tells you over the internet and it's ok to have doubt because things can go wrong, that is why i made the comparison to blizzard and project titan, but i see some people don't get it and think my posts are unreasonable.

AnnaTS said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:

I see you used the word scam, just to let people know i have never used the word scam in any of my posts, i have made my view clear on what i think but i know others have used the word scam in their posts.

You say this project is less than Chris Roberts net worth, i asked a question last night but all i got was some ramble on what the game is going to be.

This is what i asked.

If chris roberts is as sucessful as people say, then why didn't he use his own money for the project, because the original kickstarter wasn't even asking for much ?

I did get one reasonable response and it said in the response, because there is risk and things can go wrong.

That is all i have been trying to get across to people, don't believe everything a guy tells you over the internet and it's ok to have doubt because things can go wrong, that is why i made the comparison to blizzard and project titan, but i see some people don't get it and think my posts are unreasonable.

I think that KS is just a really good marketing platform now. Also, it's a good way to ensure you have buy-in. Some people (like inXile Entertainment) have used it multiple times, despite being successful with their other games. It just gives some re-assurance that you're headed in the right direction. There's an interest. 

In the case of CR, I think that the initial concept was more modest than his "best case" vision, but it's gotten to a point where I think he feels like he can make the game he wants to make. I say "cool". Go for it. Just make sure that there's something in the end. Like I said, I'd even settle for a Freelance 2 or Privateer 3. I definitely don't think it's a scam though. The whole scam or con angle just doesn't make good sense. Even if he was a criminal. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

Herase said:
    Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:
    Shodanas said:

Well, dis gun be good.
    How is what you said any different from the topic at hand? This whole issue is passed around rumors and  accusations. There's no solid proof or evidence going both ways. Find it weird you write this, considering your view in this thread. /shrug 
    No matter what you say The Escapist has credible witnesses that show proof CR has  no game and in fact said it is impossible to make what he wants. But go on keep thinking CR is the all might game GOD!

Oh by the way he only made games that worked with people above him that knew what they were doing. Lord British comes to mind for one!

Brenics said:
    Herase said:
    Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:
    Shodanas said:

No matter what you say The Escapist "claims to have" has credible witnesses that show proof CR has  no game and in fact said it is impossible to make what he wants. But go on keep thinking CR is the all might game GOD!

Oh by the way he only made games that worked with people above him that knew what they were doing. Lord British comes to mind for one!
    fixed that for you. Bolded and in quotes.

CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    AnnaTS said:

This is what i asked.

I think that KS is just a really good marketing platform now. Also, it's a good way to ensure you have buy-in. Some people (like inXile Entertainment) have used it multiple times, despite being successful with their other games. It just gives some re-assurance that you're headed in the right direction. There's an interest. 

In the case of CR, I think that the initial concept was more modest than his "best case" vision, but it's gotten to a point where I think he feels like he can make the game he wants to make. I say "cool". Go for it. Just make sure that there's something in the end. Like I said, I'd even settle for a Freelance 2 or Privateer 3. I definitely don't think it's a scam though. The whole scam or con angle just doesn't make good sense. Even if he was a criminal. 
    But why haven't you called out CR on showing you the engine to make SC? Also if you ever do please post his response or should I say attack on you once you ask him that simple question.