Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stabilizing the World & Hitting the Road to Sales | Life is Feudal | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageStabilizing the World & Hitting the Road to Sales | Life is Feudal | MMORPG.com

The Life is Feudal team has posted the latest update notes that include significant improvements to the stability of world creation and hosting, most notably in the creation of these localized versions of the game. In addition, the player-to-player barter system is now in place and skill progression making attaining level 30 and 60 fast, getting to level 90 normal and "insanely hard" progression to level 100 of any skill.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Coolies.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    edited October 2015
    I really hope this game is good! It seems more up my alley than say, Gloria Victis.

(EDIT: Because of its method of open PVP.)
    Post edited by BillMurphy on

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    edited October 2015
    I really hope this game is good! It seems more up my alley than say, Gloria Victis.
    Is it necessary to talk down about another game/developer, yeah your going to fire back with everyones entitled to their OP. But you seem to post alot of BS and maybe need to wait till you try something first.
    Post edited by Hashcow101 on

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Why is Gloria victis's Dev team so bad? From what I hear they have been speeding along pretty well and I have played enough to know I would really Luke it once its complete.
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    edited October 2015
    Krynt0k said:
    Why is Gloria victis's Dev team so bad? From what I hear they have been speeding along pretty well and I have played enough to know I would really Luke it once its complete.
    They aren't bad and actually they are friends of ours. I think Bill and the crew give them plenty of love. Bill is entitled to his personal opinion. edit - Both games play very differently from each other.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    edited October 2015
    Guys, all I said is that Gloria Victis doesn't seem like my kind of game. Namely due to the open PVP. I think LiF has a better system for handling world PVP lined up, though I could be wrong. I wasn't bad-mouthing them at all. Bart and crew over there are great people, and we have been running weekly blogs from their team for weeks now. :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Let's crucify Bill for rendering his personal taste in a friendly way where he works! But I don't blame you Bill for the comparison, I too whenever think of one instantly get reminded of the other. So what does that make us, gamists?
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
    edited October 2015
    Rhoklaw said:
    I've played Gloria Victis and it is a bit rough around the edges. It's a good game, but definitely not a great game. I have yet to try Life is Feudal, basically because of Steam reviews and the fact there were a few game breaking bugs. As I'm still playing Witcher 3 and Ark: Survival Evolved, I haven't had a chance to check it out. I'll wait and see if these improvements are enough to increase it's rating on Steam.
    If you just simply glance at a rating on Steam you are probably missing out on a lot of good titles. Their rating system basically is a joke and heavily abused.

I would suggest taking the time to research any title before buying.

If you check our recent reviews over 90% are positive. Many players have played well over 1000 hours and there are also quite a few players with over 2000 hours in Life is Feudal.

edit- Think about the last game you have played for over 1000 hours.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Both games sound excellent.

Its real joy to see that MMO (or whatever we can call it now) is not fallen in the boggy pit of WoW, and its finding another breath of life thanks to these guys.

KUDOS!

• bartold666bartold666 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    edited October 2015
    @Saxx0n Exactly, both games are different and they focus on different aspects, even if the core principles - non-target combat mmorpg set in medieval world - are the same. I think it's a good thing for the mmo gaming industry - we've had more than enough games being clones of anothers in the past. @BillMurphy Thanks for good words and your awesome support! :)
  • lucasvrrlucasvrr Member UncommonPosts: 10
    @Saxx0n Exactly, both games are different and they focus on different aspects, even if the core principles - non-target combat mmorpg set in medieval world - are the same. I think it's a good thing for the mmo gaming industry - we've had more than enough games being clones of anothers in the past. @BillMurphy Thanks for good words and your awesome support! :)
    Yeah, they are different, they are also are liars who promised M&B combat without knowing if they could deliver and then moved to combos and stuff.
  • Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    the screenshot looks awesome
  • DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107

@BillMurphy ;

The game is pretty amazing needs a bit of work on the raiding part, but other then that is a beef up wurm online in a sense.. very very time consuming..

I recommend anyone to buy this game.. it is fun a lot of fun.. 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Yep, the people over at Gloria Victis don't have a clue what open world pvp entails.  Once people experience it they leave.  Pvp is fun when you are in the mindset for it, but there are a lot of times when you just don't want it.

If you think you will enjoy Gloria Victis, you may be shocked at the eventual outcome.

lucasvrr said:
    Yeah, they are different, they are also are liars who promised M&B combat without knowing if they could deliver and then moved to combos and stuff.
    We mentioned a system similar to mount and blade. Our system is more advanced and has more depth than that system, especially when momentum is added in combined with mounted combat. You can actually trample someone to death with your horse. I haven't seen that option in any mmo combat lately except our system.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Is it necessary to talk down about another game/developer, yeah your going to fire back with everyones entitled to their OP. But you seem to post alot of BS and maybe need to wait till you try something first.
    Is it necessary to assume without understanding what he posted? Who are you to judge? You are right, everyone has a right to their own Opinion but: Those with the most Opinions tend to have the fewest Facts.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• lucasvrrlucasvrr Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Saxx0n said:
    lucasvrr said:
    We mentioned a system similar to mount and blade. Our system is more advanced and has more depth than that system, especially when momentum is added in combined with mounted combat. You can actually trample someone to death with your horse. I haven't seen that option in any mmo combat lately except our system.
    We'll see, in the final release. Right now I can't say nothing about.