Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Queue EU 7 Hours US 2 Hours... What a bad joke...

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
edited October 2015 in WildStar
i quit the game

no more need to post here
Post edited by Pongping on

Comments

• HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I think you are being too judgmental. How can you assume the queues will be gone if you subscribe without any basis whatsoever?

I think it's normal for the servers to be overcrowded in the initial rush due to F2P. I think NCSoft could have been more prepared for the incoming traffic, but at least they did open up new servers later on. I'm a free player too, but I chose on of the pvp servers to avoid the massive lagfest in PvE servers. Just wait a few days for the hype to die down man.

Or better yet, don't play this game (or any other games that I play). People like you are toxic everywhere. (Here I'm being judgmental; how does that feel?)
  • viletot0viletot0 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    I'm free to play, have only sat in queue one time on original servers for maybe 20-30 minutes (U.S) .  there are free transfers to the new servers as well.  I have yet to see a queue on them.  either way, I'm glad to see the game populated again.  

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Hotcell said:
    I think you are being too judgmental. How can you assume the queues will be gone if you subscribe without any basis whatsoever?

I think it's normal for the servers to be overcrowded in the initial rush due to F2P. I think NCSoft could have been more prepared for the incoming traffic, but at least they did open up new servers later on. I'm a free player too, but I chose on of the pvp servers to avoid the massive lagfest in PvE servers. Just wait a few days for the hype to die down man.

Or better yet, don't play this game (or any other games that I play). People like you are toxic everywhere. (Here I'm being judgmental; how does that feel?)
    read the TEXT you get when you are in Queue before you reply.

it clearly says you get a better & quicker priority if you pay $$$$$$$
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Pongping said:
    Hotcell said:

Subscribers should get priority, what would be the point in a subscription if you didn't
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    It's the same problem with every launch/relaunch etc.
    Too many people are interested, servers can't handle the rush and everybody complains that there are not enough servers.
    4-6 month after launch everyone complains about ghost towns and when servers are getting merged, the same people post "i told you so", "game is dead", "HA HA HA failmerges!!".

Still it makes me wonder why no studio so far has come up with a proper solution to all this and about every launch has been an annoyance in this very aspect. So far every "megaserver", "dynamic population management", "clustering" and all that buzzword blabla was a nothing but PR.

Volgore said:
    It's the same problem with every launch/relaunch etc.
    Too many people are interested, servers can't handle the rush and everybody complains that there are not enough servers.
    4-6 month after launch everyone complains about ghost towns and when servers are getting merged, the same people post "i told you so", "game is dead", "HA HA HA failmerges!!".

Still it makes me wonder why no studio so far has come up with a proper solution to all this and about every launch has been an annoyance in this very aspect. So far every "megaserver", "dynamic population management", "clustering" and all that buzzword blabla was a nothing but PR.

i have no problem with a 10 mins queue but 7 hours ? please....

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Archeage does the same thing. Different set of rules for subscribers. Subscribers jump to the front of the line regardless how long non-subscribers have been waiting. When that game came out in NA it was the exact same thing. People in my Guild would queue, go to work, come home and still be in queue if they were F2P.

If the game is good enough to warrant continuing to play, a lot of people may dish out for whatever little bonuses but jumping queue is a big selling point.
  • joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Pongping said:
    its impossible for free accounts to log in

NCSofts server are completly overcrowded.....

I beth that if i subscribe this mythical 7600 player queue wall dissapears ..

nice try to grab my money....

i didnt expect anything better from NCSoft honestly...

Paying doesn't make the queue go away. I am a subscriber and I still have a 2-3k queue in prime time.
    edited October 2015

wow, close call, i was 1 min from subbing.

perfect and good i came back before i subscribed.

well if this 15 mins to 3 hours queue wont go away i cant spend my money for this game.

NCSoft isnt such a small company that is forced to have 1-2 servers for thousands of players.....

p.s LESS THAN A MINUTE >>> since almost 1 hour and still 1700+ queue from 2900
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I still love the game, but pretty much doubt Carbine as a studio. WAY too many amateurish mistakes and stupid decisions.
    Carbine has shown that in 9(?)years of development they haven't learned anything from what happened to and in other games during that time. And so they released a game that didn't even hit 2005 standards in many aspects and thought it was enough to just put an idiot wannabe rockstar yelling "hardcooooore!" on youtube.

Took them two tries to build a UI and still there are tons of baseline UI features missing.
    Released the game a second time and still repeated tons of stupid mistakes from their initial launch.
    Restarted and restarted and restarted their servers for hotfixes that still fixed nothing.

Right on the spot i can't think of any other studio i know that is so resistant to learn from past mistakes.

Wildstar can be put in line with the many games that "could have been..." if it had a proper studio.
    At this time, i wish some heads would roll already, also in context with the inappropiate behaviour of their community manager who repeatedly insults players on stream. This guy should have been fired after the 2nd time. Whoever is in charge should be firing people left and right at this point in the process.

I just hope the game somehow survives all this.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    People should know the MO for F2P games by now - how much can they inconvenience you before you fork over some money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Pongping said:
    Hotcell said:

Subscribers should get priority, what would be the point in a subscription if you didn't
    just hope they keep that paying subscribers around. cause they are chasing away alot of potential people away with these queues. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.