Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragomon Hunters

NarwrynnNarwrynn Member UncommonPosts: 83
edited September 2015 in Dragomon Hunter
Anyone else following this game: http://www.dragomon-hunter.com/ ?
I don't think it will be the next big thing I'm just hoping it will be was I thought Dragon's prophet would be.
The games primary selling point is this:
Every monster can be tamed and, at the very least, be used as a mount. Some sites and gameplay show players fighting on these behemoths.
I really want a game where I can ride into battle on the back of  raid boss and fight with other player on their own colossal mounts.  
Wish the art style was different, I don't mind cartoon-y like Wildstar, WoW or EQN but this one looks too much like other generic Anime MMOs.
Post edited by Amana on

Comments

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    I'd be more intrigued if you could have your dragomons fight alongside you, but it looks like you just use them as mounts.  I didn't see any mounted combat in the trailer either so its possible the mounts are entirely cosmetic and not used in combat.

Which basically means the game is "Every other completely generic theme park game, except with lots of cosmetic mount options."
  • NarwrynnNarwrynn Member UncommonPosts: 83

Check out this video:  and this http://feature.mmosite.com/dragomon_hunter_mount.shtml

I don't know where MMO site heard that but the video seems to indicate it might be true.
  • stio89stio89 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I want a real pokemon mmorpg! xD
  • WaldemarTheWaldemarThe Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I thought it would be more like Monster Hunter, but it turns out to be more Pokemon? Hm.
    Ah, so there is mounted combat?  Well, that's.... better, I guess.

........ I think it'd be even better still if it actually were a pokemon-ish MMO rather than a "lots of different mounts" MMO.  I just don't really see what's so particularly exciting about a wide variety of mounts, even if it at least has mounted combat to use them with.  I guess it's sliiiiiightly more than a generic theme park but... not by much.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I was thinking I might be interested in trying it... but they never give options for character customization in these games that I actually like. Just cliché anime crap. I wanna play a bald, bearded chibi. lol
  • sora195sora195 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I'd be more intrigued if you could have your dragomons fight alongside you, but it looks like you just use them as mounts.  I didn't see any mounted combat in the trailer either so its possible the mounts are entirely cosmetic and not used in combat.

Which basically means the game is "Every other completely generic theme park game, except with lots of cosmetic mount options."
    There are two kinds of mounts; there are the normal mounts and then there are the combat mounts. The combat mounts are harder to get, and they can only be used in pvp.
  • NarwrynnNarwrynn Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Minor Update: Close beta starts October 15th, sorry I didn't post this earlier. 
    edited October 2015
    sora195 said:

There are two kinds of mounts; there are the normal mounts and then there are the combat mounts. The combat mounts are harder to get, and they can only be used in pvp.
    Ah, thanks.  That's... kinda lame.  It's like the combat mounts are just some... side mini-game or something if they can only be used for PvP.

....mweh, so it's basically a theme park with some combat mounts that can only be used for PvP. Remove that last part and you're left with "basically a theme park".

.......yea, I think it would be neat if there was a pokemon MMO.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I believe i actually got an email..runs to check.
    Yep asking me to buy "founders packs" to get in Beta ..LMAO ..good luck with that.

WTF is a founder's pack anyhow,who thought of this ridiculous scam to get people to buy unfinished products?

Definition of Founder:to fall down,sink,stumble clumsy fail utterly ..ok yeah i guess it does fit these games lmao.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Fractal_AnalogyFractal_Analogy Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Just watched that video, that game is for grade schoolers..  100% Fisherprice.
  • UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Actually very fun game for what it is and as I mentioned before you can earn Aeria currency by doing surveys etc if you have the extra time and do not want to pay them money for a founder pack.....think it took me off and on throughout the day to earn the 20$ founder pack and did not pay a penny just the time I had t o spare anyways.
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    I remember it was not too long ago that to get into a cbt with Aeria Games, all you needed to have was an account. Well if you're really so greedy as to take a nail in the coffin for a few bucks... Because let's be honest here, I find it implausible that many people are going to pay for a founder's pack to try out what will be (at least in my expectations and the expectations of many people here) pretty much typical asian mmo garbage. You may as well let people in free in case there's some sort of interesting hook that makes it different and makes it worth paying a little money for.

But hey, it's your product's funeral.  Whatever.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I think I'll still give it a try because there's other stuff to do besides questing.

You can check out mmobomb's first impression, he explains some of those side activities like monster hunting for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jjcB5oAJpc

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    I have an additional beta key to give away, pm me an offer if interested.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    If it lives up to expectations I'll probably be playing it. As of right now, I find it difficult to find anything that really interests my two younger kids, so this might be a good fit. We'll see I guess!!!!

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    The game itself is quite good.... but the chibi look is not going to appeal to a western audience as much.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2015
    If you guys missed out on getting a beta key (like myself), dont forget to sign up for the beta on their site. I got in yesterday after signing up for the beta the day before. So worth a shot if anyone really wants in. To Note: Its also a lobby game, like dragon nest etc incase people do not like those types of games.
    Post edited by Albatroes on
  • zidane2k3zidane2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Here's a key to use:

AU-3H5J-D6AE-MJWX-U4AW

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Here's a key they sent me via e-mail after I had gotten a key from this site #givingback
    AU-7H5G-QVMU-LUH9-UJSD

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA