Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paragraphs in the comments...

VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
Just wanted to ask when or if we can expect a fix to the comment section not registering paragraphs.
Since this bug is ages old and carried over from the old forums, i assume it is not related to the new forum software.

Thank you :)

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have been on the internet for around 35 years and never had to enter my own html code to form a paragraph.I do not think it is a bug at all,i feel it is part of the forum code and they are likely not allowed to change it since it is not theirs,they rent it.

I personally have not seen a single improvement from the old forum so it could only be a cost saving switch.

You know the guy i "think" is kind of in charge of it all "CRAIG" he just never seems to come around the forums any more,like he doesn't care.He used to come in a few times a year and ask about the state of the forum but i think now it is all about making money from adverts and cater everything to that agenda.

IMO you want anything done ,you need to contact Craig to get any answers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I can form paragraphs all day 

long. 

Without using any 

code.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Wizardry said:
    I have been on the internet for around 35 years and never had to enter my own html code to form a paragraph.I do not think it is a bug at all,i feel it is part of the forum code and they are likely not allowed to change it since it is not theirs,they rent it.

I personally have not seen a single improvement from the old forum so it could only be a cost saving switch.

You know the guy i "think" is kind of in charge of it all "CRAIG" he just never seems to come around the forums any more,like he doesn't care.He used to come in a few times a year and ask about the state of the forum but i think now it is all about making money from adverts and cater everything to that agenda.

IMO you want anything done ,you need to contact Craig to get any answers.
    Thank you for your reply, which i find is very interesting.
    I agree to not have seen much of an improvement -at least nothing that was worth the couple of years of waiting for the new forum. There are various steps back though, about some of which i can only shake my head in disbelief - like no post date or no font colors or me having had 86 random threads bookmarked on my first login.

Grunty said:

long. 

Without using any 

code.

This is not the comment section, paragraphs do work in regular threads.

Volgore said:
    Grunty said:

long. 

Without using any 

code.

I left you a comment in your profile. 

With paragraphs. 
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Sometimes there's also double lines between paragraphs when quoting someone.

Grunty said:
    Volgore said:
    Grunty said:

long. 

Without using any 

code.

With paragraphs. 
    Ah, i see.
    The problem with paragraphs occurs but elsewhere. If you want to try it, go to the mainpage and in the "latest videos block", click the link to a video. Leave a comment underneath it and see if paragraphs work for you there.

edited October 2015
    Volgore said:
    Grunty said:
    Volgore said:
    Grunty said:

long. 

Without using any 

code.

With paragraphs. 
    Ah, i see.
    The problem with paragraphs occurs but elsewhere. If you want to try it, go to the mainpage and in the "latest videos block", click the link to a video. Leave a comment underneath it and see if paragraphs work for you there.
    Now there you've got it right. My paragraphs failed.  Providing sufficient detail as to where and how the issue occurs might get it fixed now.

That includes providing a link to display the issue like these.
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6754044/#Comment_6754044
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6754052/#Comment_6754052

Along with steps to follow to recreate the issue like you did above. Just saying 'it don't work' often leads to confusion and no resolution.