Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cougar 700M eSports Gaming Mouse -

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageCougar 700M eSports Gaming Mouse -

Cougar has announced the launch of the new gaming mouse called Cougar 700M eSports. The mouse comes in two different color variations and was designed from ground up to provide precision gaming for eSports fanatics.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    How much did they pay for this advertisement?
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I don't know how anyone can play side-buttons like that. I'm always accidentally hitting them.
  • PhirmwarePhirmware Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Burntvet said:
    Sheesh, no kidding. No review, no testing. Just a "Hey, here's an overpriced mouse and a link to the mfg. website. We're sure it'll make you a better player. Cause they told us it would."
  • Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    its not that expensive like 60 bucks.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Phirmware said:
    Burntvet said:
    Sheesh, no kidding. No review, no testing. Just a "Hey, here's an overpriced mouse and a link to the mfg. website. We're sure it'll make you a better player. Cause they told us it would."
    It is pure and simple a news piece that, as the article says "The mouse comes in two different color variations and was designed from ground up to provide precision gaming for eSports fanatics." It's not an endorsement of it or anything else. It's a peripheral. End of report.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Dauzqul said:
    I don't know how anyone can play side-buttons like that. I'm always accidentally hitting them.
    I actually really like them now. I dont' like a ton of buttons on the side, but a a few I'm really digging. Took me a few days to get used to them, but yeah, I like them. Major69er1 said:
    its not that expensive like 60 bucks.
    I'm going to have to check it out. My old Legedary WoW mouse from Steel Series is getting old lol. The buttons are losing there 'click' and just feel like I'm squishing things. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Dauzqul said:

I move mine with the middle finger and ring finger and the palm.  The middle finger is over the right mouse button and the ring finger is on the right side.  Plus a 2 parts of the palm are on the mouse as well.  The thumb is just for clicking the side buttons.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Even if it were an advertisement, unless the forum members are willing to add to the till, mmorpg gotta do something to stay in business.

I self identify as a monkey.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    esports...talk about a oxymoron
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Electronic and sport is not an oxymoron. Electronic has nothing to do with sport and sport nothing with Electronics. So how can they literally contradict each other? Example for an oxymoron is...oxymoron. Oxy meaning sharp and Moron meaning dull. These words contradict.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I myself always found it impossible when I'd think about how would I manage to use a mouse that has side buttons and even buttons in the center left and right and so on. Then on my 50th birthday I was given (my friends know me so well) a Logitech mouse this one.

I started using it and I fell in love with it especially when I was playign SWTOR and I bound all my abilities to it. I graduated since then to this one.

I am playing with the big boys now. If I a 54 year old housewife can get used to a mouse like that trust me when I say the human mind and body can basically get used to anything with practice.

These types of mice are wonderful in my honest opinion it makes gaming fun.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Did not like the num-pad style buttons though. Just to much to get used to. Now I have 3 side buttons and that is just perfect.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Coman said:
    Did not like the num-pad style buttons though. Just to much to get used to. Now I have 3 side buttons and that is just perfect.
    I used the Naga and the logitech version of the one with the numpad buttons, it's only really easy to use in games that require movement during skills. The only two games I've ever really went out of my way to use that type of mouse in is Tera and Wildstar. Since there is a lot of dodging and casting at the same time. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    I wonder what the build quality is like - is this thing gonna work for years or fall apart in a month? That's the most important question for me when it comes to peripherals
       Well that is pretty obvious and applies to everything ................
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    SBFord said:
    Phirmware said:
    Burntvet said:
    It is pure and simple a news piece that, as the article says "The mouse comes in two different color variations and was designed from ground up to provide precision gaming for eSports fanatics." It's not an endorsement of it or anything else. It's a peripheral. End of report.
    So basically every single commcercial is news to, seeing as those specific words are used in approx 80+% of commcercial advertisements.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    lol @ that mouse. I'll jst stick with my naga and g600
  • redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    i have wow mouse with 14 buttons in total..so awesome compare to that cougar something with 8 buttons..pff..
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Coman said:
    Electronic and sport is not an oxymoron. Electronic has nothing to do with sport and sport nothing with Electronics. So how can they literally contradict each other? Example for an oxymoron is...oxymoron. Oxy meaning sharp and Moron meaning dull. These words contradict.
    Because video games aren't a sport