Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suddenly: You've paid 12.99 EUR to TrionWorlds

GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201
They just charged me for whatever the hell it is, i havent had a subscription since a couple months after launch.

How do I proceed to get my money back when it's through paypal?

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    contest the charge with paypal and let paypal smack them down that is the benefit of using paypal.
  • GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201
    only trion game i've had a subscription for earlier is archeage, so i'm assuming it's for archeage. It doesnt say though.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i got an email saying my AA service has ended.  haven't played the game since....??? launch?  my credit card number has changed since then.  sounds like they f'd  something up.
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    muffins89 said:
    i got an email saying my AA service has ended.  haven't played the game since....??? launch?  my credit card number has changed since then.  sounds like they f'd  something up.
    They gave people a few days of free patron status. So you got the email when that ran out. I got the same one.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    edited September 2015
    but that would have been a year or so ago?  I got the email about an hour ago.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    edited September 2015
    muffins89 said:
    but that would have been a year or so ago?  I got the email about an hour ago.
    The free time was given to everyone, even in-active accounts. It was compensation for the extended downtime due to the 2.0 update. That free time just expired, so a lot of people who haven't played in a long time are getting the emails. Just disregard it.
    They definitely wrongly charged me: http://puu.sh/klG6l/ea639220de.png

I've submitted a ticket with glyph support and with PayPal
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    edited October 2015
    I just got a email from Trion saying 

"ArcheAge Patron Subscription Suspended- Billing Failure"‏

At launch I bought 1 month and cancelled it after playing for 2 weeks, never tried the game again so wtf is this.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Onigod said:
    I just got a email from Trion saying 

"ArcheAge Patron Subscription Suspended- Billing Failure"‏

At launch I bought 1 month and cancelled it after playing for 2 weeks, never tried the game again so wtf is this.
    They gave away a couple of days worth of patron to everyone to make up for the faulty launch of 2.0 or w/e. It does take me back to the days of last year when they were charging random people 150$ for the AA founder packs lol.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I delete my credit cards from games when I stop playing them. Not that that would necessarily prevent it, but it might help.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Creating ticket with Glyph is the best solution and also follow @Dullahan 's advice.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    psiic said:
    contest the charge with paypal and let paypal smack them down that is the benefit of using paypal.
    Not quite that simple,they tell you to spend the next 30 days ironing it out with the developer.Well not quite 30 days because you have to let them know if it hasn't been taken care of before the 30 days are up or you lose out.

Me personally,i would ask them how this even happens with any kind of decent security.Ask them if they are using outsourced companies to handle their accounts and servers.

I am sure by now we have all seen some developers/Publishers are utilizing your IP as a security measure,imo all developers/publishers should be doing this.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Trion sorted it out in a reasonable timeframe at least.

Here's a mail from them: http://puu.sh/kx3Mh/aa53790c2a.png