Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I guess I am just gonna have to accept Pay 2 win cash shops, and gambling boxes lol.

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
edited September 2015 in WildStar
I rather like the animations, and combat in this game. The game play seems fun, I like the story, the crafting and ability system isnt hale bad too. It seems though, pay 2 win,  gambling boxes, and cash shops are the way of things now a days lol.  Before some one gets into a argument with me about how this game isnt pay 2 win, it is to me. I spent the time with the server down, looking at peoples posts.

Apparently the way this system works is, you have to re roll your rune slots to get the right one. The amount of in game money it takes to do that, is a out outrageous grind to get that much, the way they made it sound, it was years. So you either grind for years, or pay 100s lol. The difference between garbage runes, and max runes is extreme. 

This blows my mind, since people always say the game failed if it went "free 2 play". It sounds to me, that your gonna have to spend a crap ton of money now to keep up with the big spenders, if you want to not be useless in a raid, pvp, or what ever it is you wanted to do. Or spend 18 hours a day grinding. Sounded much better when it was 15 a month haha. I love how people complain about 15 a month, and then end up spending 1000s on the f2p cash shop. 

O well, i guess its play old games, quit mmos, or just accept it. Which if they fix the lag, i will just accept it.  

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Alas this seems to be the model for "success" these days, milk the whales.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited September 2015
    The Free to fail model is pure greed. It basically says ," Hey we failed with the subscription model because people realized are game kinda sucks, but now were Free , and don't read the fine print regarding endgame stuff."

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    I'll never spend time raiding in WS so it does not affect me...however, there are a LOT of players that will figure this out as they get to endgame and realize how the system works...
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Do you have any suggestions on what classes are entertaining for you?

Tried Warrior and found it to be a bit clunky.  Definite feels that the game is action based, but their attacks did not flow well with each other and ended up feeling slow with how much I was led to be button mashing with the system.  Stalker seemed fun, but the running animations seem a bit floaty, and you practically glide sometimes after stopping suddenly.

Thinking range might be more of my cup of tea this time around, as I'm usually melee.

One big problem I am having at the moment is that my client freezes every time I make a character.  Sometimes it still shows up on the starting screen, but only if I don't already have a toon.  The last time I tried, it now says my character slots are filled up, but not characters are being shown.  It's like one system recognized the character was made and takes up the slots, but the character creation actually didn't go through with making it.  With no ability to click the delete button as there's nothing to delete.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    You people will never be satisfied until the whole game is free.

And then there won't be any games.

I do agree on gambling boxes. Should be required to list odds to sell something like that.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Are you sure the prices are higher? Personally when I use to play runing up items could be quiet expensive to do beforehand. I do know they fixed the system but I haven't really seen the prices to see if it is as expensive as before, or perhaps more so. If it wasn't raised, then it would seem to be more of an issue that has existed always, rather then one they newly created.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It's borderline P2W, but not pure P2W, since it's not totally restricted.  I still don't like it though.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Well, they fixed the lag at least. 
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Most people are just sick of the greed we want to own the entire game when we spend money each month like it use to be. Anyways I am a little confused on the rune thing, so basically you spend a little money each month and you can get runes?
    moonbound said:
    Most people are just sick of the greed we want to own the entire game when we spend money each month like it use to be. Anyways I am a little confused on the rune thing, so basically you spend a little money each month and you can get runes?
    No, its a gambling system, from what I can see. Basically, you have different slots, and you want them to be optimized for the best stats. To do this you either have to pay a lot of in game money, or buy the thing in the cash shop.  He was saying something along the lines that he had to buy a lot from the cash shop, and him and his girl friend didn't have enough to do her character 2, and the difference in power between them was serious. You can do the stuff in game though, with omnibits, or money. So its a serious grind, or cash. 
  • EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99
    So...people hate subscription games and immediately whine about how they are going to fail because no one will pay a sub.

So then a sub game drops the sub and people immediately whine about how the devs are greedy because they have mechanisms in the game to, you know, make money to pay the bills.

When did gamers become so entitled?
    Enik said:
    So...people hate subscription games and immediately whine about how they are going to fail because no one will pay a sub.

So then a sub game drops the sub and people immediately whine about how the devs are greedy because they have mechanisms in the game to, you know, make money to pay the bills.

Yep, that is what was said. Did you just see the title, and just copy and paste this from another tread?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    What in their cash shop is P2W? Or am I missing something?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Enik said:

I point you here...

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6751899/
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Can you explain the difference in power between mediocre runes and the ones cash shop makes easier to get?
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    edited October 2015
    You play a game you enjoy, you either pay a sub for it or you pay through a cash shop, ultimately in aaa MMO yoh pay what you feel ths game is worth bearing in mind you  enjoy the title.

The rest is parasites whining that the  glass is half empty and they are entitled to more.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'm fairly certain that F2P monetization as it currently exists is the most efficient way of exploiting human psychology, so it will most likely remain the most popular form of monetization.

The only thing that's likely to vary in the future is how aggressively various games pitch their "incentives". Someone will always try to push the envelope, specially if it might make the envelope fatter...
    edited October 2015
    Nanfoodle said:
    What in their cash shop is P2W? Or am I missing something?
    Yes we know, unless it is, here buy this super sayian sword of ass kicking its not pay 2 win. This cash shop is about the same as Arche Age, except its a little more deceptive, and people wont understand it till they are way into the game. Its pay 2 win in my definition. My def is, if you dump 12k into the cash shop, your going to have a serious, and i do mean serious advantage over some one else. 

This garbage spread even to private epoch arma 3 servers, with there, here donate, and ill just spawn crap for you. It is the same as the cash shop here, pay them and they will spawn shit for  you. Yes the crap spawned can be gained in game. So to you its not pay 2 win. 

There is only one example of a non p2w cash shop i can think of, and that is path of exile. At least it was, but i haven't played in a long time. The only thing you could buy in that game, was cosmetic stuff.

In Wild star, you can buy in game gold, you can buy cosmetic stuff, you can buy stuff that gives you better stats, you can buy everything basically but characters, which will come soon enough, once they figure out how to code it. 
  • NukeGamerNukeGamer Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 309
    moonbound said:
    No, its a gambling system, from what I can see. Basically, you have different slots, and you want them to be optimized for the best stats. To do this you either have to pay a lot of in game money, or buy the thing in the cash shop.  He was saying something along the lines that he had to buy a lot from the cash shop, and him and his girl friend didn't have enough to do her character 2, and the difference in power between them was serious. You can do the stuff in game though, with omnibits, or money. So its a serious grind, or cash. 
    Who is he?  You said "apparently" in the OP so is it safe to say you really don't have a clue as to what you are talking about?  So you don't play this game how do you know how long it takes to make ingame currency?  People said this about Swtor and you can make enough from just doing dailies for a week to buy every unlock you needed.  

So do you have any actual personal experience that can back up this thread?  Or is it all hearsay ? 
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    None of what this is stating is true.  Gambling on rune slots is just that, it's gambling.  You don't NEED to min-max every piece of your gear to be competitive in raids or high level dungeons.  Dungeon gear and runes will take you all the way into raids and what you find there will take you through to the rest of the content.  If you want to have an edge over people (and who cares, really?  You might deal another 10-50k damage than the guy next to you, but there's 20 man raids.  You aren't carrying the group.) sure.  Waste your money or grind out gold for that if that's what you want.  It's not pay to win at all.  It's pay to min-max.  You can be perfectly fine with what you find in game and follow the natural progression of items and play all the way and on up into the latest content/raids without issue.

The only REAL problem right now is drop rates.  Those need to be looked at for rune fragments of certain types. 
    I like to complain about games.
    edited October 2015
    NukeGamer said:
    moonbound said:
    Who is he?  You said "apparently" in the OP so is it safe to say you really don't have a clue as to what you are talking about?  So you don't play this game how do you know how long it takes to make ingame currency?  People said this about Swtor and you can make enough from just doing dailies for a week to buy every unlock you needed.  

So do you have any actual personal experience that can back up this thread?  Or is it all hearsay ? 
    I play the game, I am not at end game, so no. I took it from a more experienced person on the forum, even if I did, it would still be hearsay haha. Obviously you have no idea what hearsay is. 

This is the only thing that isn't hearsay on the subject. http://wildstar-core.com/f2p-guide/
    Anything else is just some one hearsay.
  • NukeGamerNukeGamer Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 309
    edited October 2015
    NukeGamer said:
    moonbound said:

I play the game, I am not at end game, so no. I took it from a more experienced person on the forum, even if I did, it would still be hearsay haha. Obviously you have no idea what hearsay is. 
    Obviously you have no clue about a video game yo are complaining   about.  Or heard about or read about well whatever you are complaining about a video game you don't play...this is just an opinion based on your thread btw
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Do you have any suggestions on what classes are entertaining for you?

Tried Warrior and found it to be a bit clunky.  Definite feels that the game is action based, but their attacks did not flow well with each other and ended up feeling slow with how much I was led to be button mashing with the system.  Stalker seemed fun, but the running animations seem a bit floaty, and you practically glide sometimes after stopping suddenly.

Thinking range might be more of my cup of tea this time around, as I'm usually melee.

One big problem I am having at the moment is that my client freezes every time I make a character.  Sometimes it still shows up on the starting screen, but only if I don't already have a toon.  The last time I tried, it now says my character slots are filled up, but not characters are being shown.  It's like one system recognized the character was made and takes up the slots, but the character creation actually didn't go through with making it.  With no ability to click the delete button as there's nothing to delete.
    Someone probably said this already but usually the characters are all there by the next day.  At least for me. :bug:

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited October 2015
    bone15 said:
    I rather like the animations, and combat in this game. The game play seems fun, I like the story, the crafting and ability system isnt hale bad too. It seems though, pay 2 win,  gambling boxes, and cash shops are the way of things now a days lol.  Before some one gets into a argument with me about how this game isnt pay 2 win, it is to me. I spent the time with the server down, looking at peoples posts.

Apparently the way this system works is, you have to re roll your rune slots to get the right one. The amount of in game money it takes to do that, is a out outrageous grind to get that much, the way they made it sound, it was years. So you either grind for years, or pay 100s lol. The difference between garbage runes, and max runes is extreme. 

This blows my mind, since people always say the game failed if it went "free 2 play". It sounds to me, that your gonna have to spend a crap ton of money now to keep up with the big spenders, if you want to not be useless in a raid, pvp, or what ever it is you wanted to do. Or spend 18 hours a day grinding. Sounded much better when it was 15 a month haha. I love how people complain about 15 a month, and then end up spending 1000s on the f2p cash shop. 

O well, i guess its play old games, quit mmos, or just accept it. Which if they fix the lag, i will just accept it.  
    [mod edit]
    In arma 3 epoch you die, and you have to run back to your body. It would be like me as the admin teleporting people back to their bodies if they paid me money.  With a thing if you pay me 100k in game currency ill do the same thing, so to you its not pay 2 win, because some one could spend a long time grinding it out. 

If some one gives you something, anything other then useless items, in game for money, its pay 2 win. 
    Post edited by MikeB on
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    moonbound said:

So in otherwords the only real way is spending money, because the grind is insane from what ive been reading online with reports from countless peeps.