Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best decision I've made in the past 2 years was leaving this game

Comments

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    JDis25 said:
    JDis25 said:

I say that AA is pay to win, but it's also very play to win. It takes a long time to advance in Archeage, so does it matter if someone pays to get a boost or quits their job and all responsibilities to play more than you? Either way the most committed will win. Also, the more people who pay $, the cheaper cash shop items (namely labor potions, APEX, and regrade charms) become for free players.

Plus being in a guild who works together will win 15x over a free solo player, and over 5x a paying solo player.

When a game becomes a job it is time to quit. A lot of players get trapped into playing to keep up with other players. It's almost like smoking addiction in my viewpoint. A game is meant to be played in order to have fun and pass some time.

Should probably quit MMOs then. Or rather gaming in general, playing anygame for an extended amount of time becomes a job, it's also how you get better. That's the thing about life, even professional athletes. Sure they play games, but to them it's a job.
    Lmao... comparing the actual job of being a professional athlete to the "job" of endgame in MMO's. This community never ceases to amuse. 
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Viper482 said:
    Talonsin said:
    You sound like you are saying it is pay to win.  It clearly is not as seen in this video.  Make sure to focus at 4:20 minutes into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9GqaJaS4bs
    I am not clicking your link, the entire premise is absurd. I wonder who many $150 alpha players are still playing this game. My guess is a very small percentage. There was a mass exodus from this game because of pay to win. You are in the minority here.
    You should have clicked the link. You would have found out that it was all sarcasm if you couldn't tell just by reading any of Talonsin's posts on AA. 
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    JDis25 said:
    JDis25 said:

I say that AA is pay to win, but it's also very play to win. It takes a long time to advance in Archeage, so does it matter if someone pays to get a boost or quits their job and all responsibilities to play more than you? Either way the most committed will win. Also, the more people who pay $, the cheaper cash shop items (namely labor potions, APEX, and regrade charms) become for free players.

Plus being in a guild who works together will win 15x over a free solo player, and over 5x a paying solo player.

When a game becomes a job it is time to quit. A lot of players get trapped into playing to keep up with other players. It's almost like smoking addiction in my viewpoint. A game is meant to be played in order to have fun and pass some time.

Should probably quit MMOs then. Or rather gaming in general, playing anygame for an extended amount of time becomes a job, it's also how you get better. That's the thing about life, even professional athletes. Sure they play games, but to them it's a job.
    What a ludicrous thing to say. Yes, you can become better at a game by spending more time playing but that doesn't mean it becomes your job. Gaming is for entertainment if you think it is for anything more then that you would be what is considered a loser.  Sorry if that comes out harsh but it's the truth.

Playing a videogame is also in no comparison to a professional athlete. Again, a completely ignorant comparison.  You're comparing someone that strives to reach the pinnacle of what a human being can reach in toughness both physically and mentally. To someone that sits around stuffing their face in front of a TV/Monitor working on nothing more then getting carpal tunnel before their 40th birthday.  

I mean seriously. 

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    fodell54 said:
    JDis25 said:
    JDis25 said:

What a ludicrous thing to say. Yes, you can become better at a game by spending more time playing but that doesn't mean it becomes your job. Gaming is for entertainment if you think it is for anything more then that you would be what is considered a loser.  Sorry if that comes out harsh but it's the truth.

Playing a videogame is also in no comparison to a professional athlete. Again, a completely ignorant comparison.  You're comparing someone that strives to reach the pinnacle of what a human being can reach in toughness both physically and mentally. To someone that sits around stuffing their face in front of a TV/Monitor working on nothing more then getting carpal tunnel before their 40th birthday.  

I mean seriously. 

I don't think anyone should be surprised that some people treat these game's as if they were a job.  All one needs to do to be convinced of the obvious is join and observe the behavior of some of the players in the majority of raid groups to be convinced of that. But its not just raid groups, treating these games like jobs is a text book definition of how min-maxing elitists "play" these games.  Let them tell it, that is their definition of fun.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited October 2015
    farbege said:
    The whole "how can you win an mmorpg" is the dumbest of dumb f#%k retorts to p2w accusations. Please stop using it.

Archeage is P2W anybody who actually plays and PVPs knows this. It's not even up for debate. The only people still trying to refute the facts are guys who farmville 24/7 and dungeon crawl the crappy ass dungeons or tank and spank the world bosses all day basically oblivious to anything beyond their housing and continent hubs. You can continue to be dense or a shill if you want to. Even the guys who don't P2W NOW did at some point to start their in-game plunderings.

Anybody with a clue realizes the amount of gold needed to get the gear scores people are typically walking around in on most servers and those are the SAME people on top of the heap on the leader boards. 

Just cut it out.
    It is definitely p2w, but that didn't even bother me that much.  The main thing that drove me out was how Trion basically gave slaps on the wrists of exploiters.  If someone wants to pay lots of real money to kick my ass in a video game, well at least they had to pay for the privelage.  But there were lots of people that cheated their way into fortunes and there was simply no way of competing with them, even through paying.

Same thing happened in Neverwinter and is what drove me out of that game eventually.

It's not worth it for me to stick around in a game that doesn't take cheating seriously.

How can you win a mmorpg ?

Repeating a mantra like it is "p2w" sounds like more of a religious thing for you like to believe and not a fact.

The banwaves and salty tears all over the forums of banned player contradict the "doesn't take cheating seriously" phrase.
    Saying you can't "win" an MMORPG is a ridiculous argument.  You also can't "win" at life since the only end is death, but that doesn't mean that it's right that certain people should be allowed to cheat their way to outrageous advantages over other people (yes it happens all the time but games are supposed to be fair escapes from life, not reproductions of the struggles of life).

As for "banwaves" and "salty tears", it's been documented that many people have gotten away with large scale cheating.  The fact is the exploits (and new ones continue on to this day, a year after I stopped playing) shouldn't be allowed to happen in the first place.  

That's not Trion's fault that they happened and continue to happen but it is their fault for not handling the PR fallout well at all (they are horrible at PR) nor doing everything in their power to ban the cheaters.  When I left they were too busy saying that farm-cart blockades were encouraged because it was "immersive sandbox gameplay".  Meanwhile the entire economy was ruined because of exploiters.

The whole way Trion handled and continues to handle Archeage is a fucking joke, and it's a big joke on the players that support the game.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    fodell54 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Talonsin said:
    You sound like you are saying it is pay to win.  It clearly is not as seen in this video.  Make sure to focus at 4:20 minutes into it

I am not clicking your link, the entire premise is absurd. I wonder who many $150 alpha players are still playing this game. My guess is a very small percentage. There was a mass exodus from this game because of pay to win. You are in the minority here.
    You should have clicked the link. You would have found out that it was all sarcasm if you couldn't tell just by reading any of Talonsin's posts on AA. 
    The thing with that video is, the guy is complaining about how he is totally OP and can basically just press one button to destroy most other players.

I see this in virtually every mmo. I am not sure that the fact he was able to spend huge amounts of money to buy that power is better or worse than players that spend vast amounts of time and energy grinding to get that power. The end result is the same.

YashaX said:
    fodell54 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Talonsin said:

The thing with that video is, the guy is complaining about how he is totally OP and can basically just press one button to destroy most other players.

I see this in virtually every mmo. I am not sure that the fact he was able to spend huge amounts of money to buy that power is better or worse than players that spend vast amounts of time and energy grinding to get that power. The end result is the same.

The end result may be the same but one player "bought" that power while the other player "worked/played the game" for that power.  Its the very definition of the P2W discussion.
    YashaX said:
    fodell54 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Talonsin said:

The end result may be the same but one player "bought" that power while the other player "worked/played the game" for that power.  Its the very definition of the P2W discussion.
    Yes, and what I am asking is so what? Some people have a lot of time on their hands and others have more money than time. The guy in that video is saying that no one is playing Archeage because people like him can just crush others in pvp (due to gear).

However, virtually every mmo is set up like this for pvp. At least in every mmo I have played, except for GW2, there are the players that can 1vs5 (in ESO it can be even more extreme) due to gear. What he showed is exactly what I have seen time and again in mmos, and I can tell you when you are on the receiving end of that it makes no difference to me whether the OP player bought the gear with cash or played 12 hours a day for a month and leveraged a guild to get all the best gear.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited October 2015
    farbege said:
    The whole "how can you win an mmorpg" is the dumbest of dumb f#%k retorts to p2w accusations. Please stop using it.

Archeage is P2W anybody who actually plays and PVPs knows this. It's not even up for debate. The only people still trying to refute the facts are guys who farmville 24/7 and dungeon crawl the crappy ass dungeons or tank and spank the world bosses all day basically oblivious to anything beyond their housing and continent hubs. You can continue to be dense or a shill if you want to. Even the guys who don't P2W NOW did at some point to start their in-game plunderings.

Anybody with a clue realizes the amount of gold needed to get the gear scores people are typically walking around in on most servers and those are the SAME people on top of the heap on the leader boards. 

Just cut it out.
    It is definitely p2w, but that didn't even bother me that much.  The main thing that drove me out was how Trion basically gave slaps on the wrists of exploiters.  If someone wants to pay lots of real money to kick my ass in a video game, well at least they had to pay for the privelage.  But there were lots of people that cheated their way into fortunes and there was simply no way of competing with them, even through paying.

Same thing happened in Neverwinter and is what drove me out of that game eventually.

It's not worth it for me to stick around in a game that doesn't take cheating seriously.

Repeating a mantra like it is "p2w" sounds like more of a religious thing for you like to believe and not a fact.

The banwaves and salty tears all over the forums of banned player contradict the "doesn't take cheating seriously" phrase.
    Saying you can't "win" an MMORPG is a ridiculous argument.  You also can't "win" at life since the only end is death, but that doesn't mean that it's right that certain people should be allowed to cheat their way to outrageous advantages over other people (yes it happens all the time but games are supposed to be fair escapes from life, not reproductions of the struggles of life).

As for "banwaves" and "salty tears", it's been documented that many people have gotten away with large scale cheating.  The fact is the exploits (and new ones continue on to this day, a year after I stopped playing) shouldn't be allowed to happen in the first place.  

That's not Trion's fault that they happened and continue to happen but it is their fault for not handling the PR fallout well at all (they are horrible at PR) nor doing everything in their power to ban the cheaters.  When I left they were too busy saying that farm-cart blockades were encouraged because it was "immersive sandbox gameplay".  Meanwhile the entire economy was ruined because of exploiters.

The whole way Trion handled and continues to handle Archeage is a fucking joke, and it's a big joke on the players that support the game.
    The question i put  : How you can win a MMORPG  was serious.

You didn't took it serious given the way you answering my question. Instead you compare success in a MMORPG to real life success.

Yes there was and still is attempt of players to cheat. That is laying a shaddy light not on TRION but on the playerbase, don't you think ?
    Why the players in the west are the shoddiest of every region ? #
    See the type of posts in these forums. Take into account that western community  is also the most corrupt, then you know who is to blame for the amount of cheating.
    On top of that, its cynic from western community to come here and claim "TRION allows cheating or don't care the slightest about". Especially  if you take in all the bannwaves and the banned accounts.
    Yes, they may not be effective, yes they may often miss the target, but they do their best facing the degree of decadence  of this rotten western playerbase.        
    Sometimes i think to myself these
     generatons of cynic litle trolls don#t deserve to play such a masterpiece and its saddened to see mebers of western playerbase don't jump in support a  companies struggle against cheating but rather blame the company.
    Post edited by farbege on
    farbege said:
    farbege said:

Just cut it out.

You didn't took it serious given the way you answering my question. Instead you compare success in a MMORPG to real life success.

Yes there was and still is attempt of players to cheat. That is laying a shaddy light not on TRION but on the playerbase, don't you think ?
    See the type of posts in these forums. Take into account that western community  is also the most corrupt, then you know who is to blame for the amount of cheating.
    On top of that, its cynic from western community to come here and claim "TRION allows cheating or don't care the slightest about". Especially  if you take in all the bannwaves and the banned accounts.
    Yes, they may not be effective, yes they may often miss the target, but they do their best facing the degree of decadence  of this rotten western playerbase.        
     generatons of cynic litle trolls don#t deserve to play such a masterpiece and its saddened to see mebers of western playerbase don't jump in support a  companies struggle against cheating but rather blame the company.

Winning can take several forms in an mmo- in the video linked in this thread crushing other players in pvp is obviously winning. However, I agree that too much blame is placed on Trion for the faults in the game.

Btw, I don't particularly care for your rampant racism, but your racist tirade is somewhat amusing given the video linked earlier in the thread.

YashaX said:
    YashaX said:
    fodell54 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Talonsin said:

Yes, and what I am asking is so what? Some people have a lot of time on their hands and others have more money than time. The guy in that video is saying that no one is playing Archeage because people like him can just crush others in pvp (due to gear).

However, virtually every mmo is set up like this for pvp. At least in every mmo I have played, except for GW2, there are the players that can 1vs5 (in ESO it can be even more extreme) due to gear. What he showed is exactly what I have seen time and again in mmos, and I can tell you when you are on the receiving end of that it makes no difference to me whether the OP player bought the gear with cash or played 12 hours a day for a month and leveraged a guild to get all the best gear.

You say "so what" regarding a game that enables your opponent to beat you by buying that victory? I respect your choice to not mind playing a game that would allow such game play, but I doubt many share your tolerance to play a game that trivializes a players efforts to that an extent.  
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    farbege said:
    farbege said:

Just cut it out.

I took your question seriously but if you want a more concrete answer, the way you "win" an MMO, especially a PVP oriented one, is by kicking other people's asses.  Paying money makes that easier.  So you pay to win.

It's more accurately "Pay to gain a substantial advantage over other people", but that's too long to type out so people just say P2W- it means the same thing and it's frowned upon.

As for "the west" being the reason cheating happens, the major exploit that happened that pretty much caused me to leave was Apex duping, and that actually came from the East before the game was even released here.  XLGames didn't even bother to fix the problem before releasing it here.  It just took awhile before it saw widespread use here.

Also, why aren't economy breaking exploits happening all the time in games like WoW if it's the west's fault?  It's because Blizzard actually codes their games well and works dilligently and seriously to stop the possibility of cheating.
    farbege said:

Its no secret that I don't care much for Trion or AA but even I must admit ... he speaks the truth with this post. 
  • darkknight12321darkknight12321 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    lol
  • darkknight12321darkknight12321 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Dang lol @Rhoklaw ;
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I repeat. "How do you win at an MMO?" is the dumbest of dumb f#%k retorts to a game being accused of being P2W (Which Archeage CLEARLY is... NO DEBATE).

In regard to Archeage, the typical nitwit spouting this dumb ass retort are folks who can't see beyond their bubble of logging in planting potatoes and running Sharpwind Mines & Burnt Castle.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    edited October 2015
    farbege said:
    farbege said:
    The servers are packed my friend.

So whatever messages haters leave here on the hater forums.

THEY DOESN'T MATTER.

Get over it.

I for one thank heaven for this game.

After 10 years of bad MMORPG games finaly a MMORPG thats worth it.  

oh btw....happy volunteer Patron since day 1 ...
    Yup, your post is confirmation of something we've all known for some time now: There's always people willing to play any game, no matter how "bad" or "P2W" the rest of the world may think that game is...

hoped fellow poster would pay more attention to my wording of "volunteer Patron"...

I got so many credits from ingame gold that i could eysily play more then a year  from now on  for free  but  i feel like "betray" or not support properly the creators of the game if i didn't pay at least something for these masterpiece thats the only reason i still pay a subscription for my patron.

I didn't spend  any real money for anythiing else then Patron.

About "taste" we could easy start an endless discussion, dont you think.

The fact that reveals more then anything else  on the matter is, people who believe this place is "bad" don#t stop to come back to here, to these "bad" spot.

Its enrtertaining somehow for someone who enjoy the best MMORPG on the market to watch these behaviour. 

[mod edit]

ArcheAge is a shell of what it use to be. Whether you are a fanboy or tainted by it this it is just a fact. Even many of the major streamers have dropped the game from their list and have labeled the game as p2w.
    Post edited by Vaross on

edited October 2015
    NobleNerd said:
    farbege said:
    farbege said:
    The servers are packed my friend.

So whatever messages haters leave here on the hater forums.

THEY DOESN'T MATTER.

Get over it.

I for one thank heaven for this game.

After 10 years of bad MMORPG games finaly a MMORPG thats worth it.  

oh btw....happy volunteer Patron since day 1 ...
    Yup, your post is confirmation of something we've all known for some time now: There's always people willing to play any game, no matter how "bad" or "P2W" the rest of the world may think that game is...

hoped fellow poster would pay more attention to my wording of "volunteer Patron"...

I got so many credits from ingame gold that i could eysily play more then a year  from now on  for free  but  i feel like "betray" or not support properly the creators of the game if i didn't pay at least something for these masterpiece thats the only reason i still pay a subscription for my patron.

I didn't spend  any real money for anythiing else then Patron.

About "taste" we could easy start an endless discussion, dont you think.

The fact that reveals more then anything else  on the matter is, people who believe this place is "bad" don#t stop to come back to here, to these "bad" spot.

Its enrtertaining somehow for someone who enjoy the best MMORPG on the market to watch these behaviour. 

[mod edit]

ArcheAge is a shell of what it use to be. Whether you are a fanboy or tainted by it this it is just a fact. Even many of the major streamers have dropped the game from their list and have labeled the game as p2w.

Has it ever occurred to you that this poster may be a foreigner, or perhaps at the point of simply learning the language?  Or perhaps he's just a kid contributing to a forum because he loves games.  And even if he is a poorly educated fella with poor written skills, does he really deserve your scorn.  What bearing does his mastery of the English language really have in a public forum discussing game topics?

Just had to say something in hopes that mentioning this now will prevent another poster from engaging in this same type of snobbish behavior against another poster.  It is not deserving.
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Tbh, the best decision I've made is coming back. I got a nice 16x16 for a good price as not many people are buying land on my server, and I found a real nice active guild. Just be social, that's what ArcheAge is about..this game's enjoyment increases x100 on TeamSpeak. I never really grouped up on TeamSpeak in ArcheAge until recently, and it helps a lot. Best part is I'm getting almost settled enough to pay for APEX pretty easily.

Not every MMO is made for everyone, but I'm getting enjoyment out of it and that's all that matters to me.

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited October 2015
    Lol @ people who actually P2W, most streamers on twitch will tell you and brag about their 4.5k + gearscores they got as a free player. Besides, I buy apex sometimes, but I don't even have to honestly I make 1000g in less than a week playing casually and solo. (cost of patron for a month). Unless you are dumping 100+ into the game each month it doesn't make much difference. Let those people spend all their money on a game, it's pay to lose at that point. 

I do NOT defend the cash shop lottery boxes though. I believe mounts and other significant items like this should be earned or at least be possible to earn.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Talonsin said:

I lol@ his comments ...dis idiot game,they no hear !! when i tell them mage op idiot game.Look this is Archage i press number 3 look this is all i do press 1 button idiot game.

You pay 1 thousand dollars for more damage,pay 5k and you op. lol.

He says i hate this game but i love this game ..lol.

I scream this game not ok,they say ok ,they not hear is idiot game lmao.

The moral of the story PVP does NOT belong in rpg's it has never been done correctly and never will be. PVP is a realy cheap method for a developer to keep players interested when they can't offer any content.

I really don't know how many times disgruntled gamer's have to endure poor games to understand pvp is just not a good idea.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Wizardry said:

The moral of the story PVP does NOT belong in rpg's it has never been done correctly and never will be. PVP is a realy cheap method for a developer to keep players interested when they can't offer any content.

My strongly dissent to this.
    PvP has been always been in RPG's even the earliest tabletop RPG's have often PvP in em. PvP has been introduced the same time as Co op into RPG.
    The question is when did this thing called 'PvE only gameworld' entered the genre because the first very successfully MMORPG's where even full loot everything goes worlds including drastic PvP.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Bloodaxes said:
    This game also has the worst balance on gear damage reduction.

(Def/Mdef)
    Cloth has 20/100 stats
    Leather has 60/60 stats
    Plate 100/0 stats

Which is the best? Cloth.

Stack a bunch of defence gems in them, pop some potions and some buffs/passives and you can reach 60-70% damage reduction easily on physical defence ontop of your already high magic defence.
    Fundamental flaw in understanding game mechanics. Mellee builds have a built in 2k puncture which bypasses 2k phy def. Magic users have no such passive. While 5k Mdef is more than enough to be end game geared against mages, you need at least 7k Phy def in order to be "tanky" against darkrunners and abolishers. Learn game mechanics pls.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Talonsin said:

:DDD you rock, i still wonder how Trion or whichever publisher he plays under didnt ban him already for speaking truth
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited January 2016
    Rotfl i stopped playing 1 week after i forked over 49,-
    Had more bots then lineage in it prime days, and Troin was standing there watching.
    ---

How do you recognize Trion GM

He's the one standing next to the gold seller for 30 minutes wondering how to ban him.