Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay to win

tecladteclad Member CommonPosts: 1

Lets not raise the bar too much. 

If woas is anything like the previous 2 games of the series, this is gonna be just another pay to win game.

We'll see...

Comments

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    It's not worth spending even time on video games that you have beef with, unless you are enjoying it like many people were that flamed eso. When you talk about a game even negativity is free advertising.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by teclad

If woas is anything like the previous 2 games of the series, this is gonna be just another pay to win game.

We'll see...

WTF are you talking about!?!?!   WOT and WOWP aren't pay to win. 

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Not really sure what you are talking about, none of Wargaming games are pay to win, they are free all the way around. If you are talking about Gold rounds you can purchase those with FREE silver. There is nothing you can't get for free so you might want to know what you are talking about before posting man.

We'll see...

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

We'll see...

omFg.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

We'll see...

I lol'ed so hard on that comment. That is so far from the truth as we are apart from Pluto. You Sir, made my day, because everyday you should have a laugh on your Face, so you made mine for this day. Thx for that.

And on top, this is your first Post here? Man, here is one rule for you; Dont post on forums if your drunk or otherwhise brainbusy. Cheers!

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Trying to claim that those games are not P2W is just... Meh!

They are pay to win by every definition of the concept.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Hancakes

We'll see...

I'm not so sure I would dismiss either game's as not P2W so easily.  There are aspects to it's cash shop that for some players based on what they believe winning is would be considered very much P2W.  I would say they are a far way away on the P2W scale from either extreme and sit somewhere in the middle.  More Pay not to be annoyed to me than Pay to Win but than again I never obsessed over my k/d ratio like most players and guilds seem to.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

What turned me off of WOT was  the radar.That is like the funnest part of these games,sneaking around and trying to surprise someone,it is absolutely no fun at all if i can see a radar of every player on the screen.It was the same idea that turned me away from the COD series.

So if this game uses and see through walls or through obstacles of any kind,it would be a total turnoff.

It is MUCH more fun if i see a ship go behind a land mass and i have to guess where he is going and aim accordingly.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Hancakes

We'll see...

WOT most certainly is pay to win.

Buy premium acct to speed up grind and improve silver earnings

Buy premium tanks to earn silver and speed up crew training

Buy gold ammo (either with gold or all that extra silver) to pen better and do more dmg

Buy 100% crews on day 1 (with gold) rather than grinding them so your armor performs better

Buy all the consumables you can get - especially those that cost gold - to get a leg up in matches

versus the putz who tries to go the FTP route and is nothing but fodder and a silver source for the pay-to-win crowd

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    speeding up the grind in  game that has no end game is useless and not a P2W mechanic. If you want to pay to get hgiher lvl faster.. go for it. throw away your money. The advantages offer diminishing returns and nothing protects your precious spot at the top.
  • NikaasNikaas Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by Frammshamm
    speeding up the grind in  game that has no end game is useless and not a P2W mechanic. If you want to pay to get hgiher lvl faster.. go for it. throw away your money. The advantages offer diminishing returns and nothing protects your precious spot at the top.

P2W  is not pay for big red "I WIN" button. P2W is neither pay to  be number 1.

P2W literary means "pay for power".

or in other words - pay to  rise you chances of wining

or in other words -  pay to rise your power/stats.

Capisci?

• YoloSwagCatYoloSwagCat Member UncommonPosts: 8
    The game is already P2W seeing as the two ships that can be bought by Premium do have a advantage over ships that don't. It's not that much but there is a overall factor of around 8% stronger compared to the relative ships of the tier.

Also some of things you want to know;
    - They openly allowing trolling/tking and will not ban for it unless it falls under there 'automated' system
    - You hit a ship over 75 times with the standard artillery and its STILL ALIVE and fully functional
    - Somehow you see have x-ray vision and can see enemy's behind islands but somehow smoke makes you completely invisible until you fire....
    - It's one of the slowest "action" games I've ever seen taking around 1-2minutes before the first shot is even fired...

I'm currently at tech tree level 10 for Japan so I do know how the game is played and how most of the game feels.
  • bbihahbbihah Member UncommonPosts: 3
    game is shit either way
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    The great 'P2W' cry.  It's getting old and tired.  I play WoWs all the time, and haven't spent a dime.  

I self identify as a monkey.

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 425
    its p2w sorry

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990
    Crusades said:
    It's not worth spending even time on video games that you have beef with, unless you are enjoying it like many people were that flamed eso. When you talk about a game even negativity is free advertising.
    Nonsense!

I am always reading user reviews before I buy a game. Your quote makes absolutely no sense. I remember once I bought a game, which were advertised as a game that appealed me. I bought a collectors edition which cost around 250 US dollars back then. I was highly frustrated cause the game sucked awfully, thus I wrote a review here on mmorpg.com.
    Guess what kind of replies I got? -"You should have read reviews about the game before you bought it!"

Reviews are a fantastic way to judge a game. If a game has mixed review here on MMORPG.com I will simply not buy it. After I read the NEGATIVE reviews of course. What denying fanbois says about a game, is less interesting than poo.

That being said, World of Warships, and any other game from Wargaming, should be shunned like the plague.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• ParthinParthin Member CommonPosts: 3
    Of course they want your money; that's how they fund the game and make a profit. Skilled play and teamwork are the keys to success in this game. Paying them some minor $$ will help you grind the tiers, but the lower-tiered ships are fun to play anyway as you level up. There are ships to buy, but they're only a little better than free ships, and I've sunk them all with regular ships. I've bought a couple, but mostly I play the regular ships because that's the best way to advance. So is WoWS pay-to-win? Not really, but they have a variety of cash shop items to tempt you into giving them your money.
  • NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480
    A lot of the time the premium ships are not as good as the upgraded versions of the regular ships.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Premium ship has an edge like better armor better dps "pew pew Atlanta" comes to mind,but as f2p player you can still win with skills. I specialize with shimakaze japanese destroyer. dump 12 round well place torpedoes and see the premium ship sunk. Lol priceless. I even have the 1 v 4 last man win achievement, me being 1. Can't say the same with other "f2p" games, usually whales just clobber me in other games.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    From the few friends I have that play "world of" games, they describe them as pay to advance faster. It isn't necessarily winning. A couple of them don't pay anything at all and always do extremely well in every match.

These types of games aren't really for me though, they are way too slow paced for my liking.