Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So.....Wildstar has just taken the crown for the worst Launch in mmo history?

Comments

• gyrossgyross Member UncommonPosts: 1
    rush1984 said:
    im eu , eu is worst than na
    I´m playing on EU side (PvP server) and except of 1-hour queues and few maintenances i didn´t have problems in past three days (no lags/no disconnection).
  • MavericK00MavericK00 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited October 2015
    syntaku said:
    You obviously didn't play Vangaurd on launch
    Actually I played even the beta of Vanguard. Keyword played, on EU servers can't even log in at the moment
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    According to this forum, every launch is the worst launch.

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Where were you when WoD launched?
    That was a million times more fubar than WS reboot.
    What I'm really interested in is not the existence of problems,because that
    is a given in any games launch,but rather how fast they will respond and apply fixes.
    The lag is killing it atm.
    It's not unplayable but far from ideal.
    WoD...uhmmm doens't ring any bell (World of Darkness comes to mind but that was never launched)
    Anyway my frustration comes from the fact that this is a RElaunch and it's even worse than the original launch, that means that they didn't learn the lesson.

If you consider this as an "absolute" launch then your right it's too soon to say that it's the worse launch ever  =)
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    WoD...uhmmm doens't ring any bell (World of Darkness comes to mind but that was never launched)
    Anyway my frustration comes from the fact that this is a RElaunch and it's even worse than the original launch, that means that they didn't learn the lesson.

If you consider this as an "absolute" launch then your right it's too soon to say that it's the worse launch ever  =)
    think he means the expansion, Warlords of D. Not 100% sure though
    Thourne said:

Weird comparing the launch of an expansion with the relaunch of a f2p game...
    Thourne said:

yah apples and oranges if you ask me but I can see similarities.
    Existing login tech and software.
    New load.
    etc

Anyway was just trying to clarify what I believe he meant not endorse it.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Stuka1000 said:
    Obviously you were not around for the launch of Ao then?
    Exactly what went through my mind when I saw that. OP must be new to MMOs.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Thourne said:
    Thourne said:

New load.
    etc

Exquiz me,but the tittle of the thread says 'Worst Launch in MMO History'.
    Well,it's not.

Rockard said:
    Thourne said:
    Thourne said:

New load.
    etc

Well,it's not.

And you are quoting 2 people who have already stated they don't think it is.
    So what exactly are you trying to say?
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Worst MMO launch? No, far FAR from it. Rocky launch? Yeah, definitely. 
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    The degree of failure during launch/release day....week....is the new standard of customer satisfaction.
    So dont complain. as the bar for MMORPGs has not been raised, it just keeps being lowered.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    If you think this is the worst, this must be your first MMO. I'd say it went rather smoothly.
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    What is funny to see is that all the players that said it was the worst mmorpg of all time and would not even play it if it was free are now complaining that it is free but unplayable because there is too much players.

This is priceless!!!!!!

Even FFXIV had a big issue with people not been able to log in for almost a month at the lunch of a realm reborn and they are P2P. Shows that this issue is common. Just wait and enjoy once this is fix and stop complaining. Wildstar is free anyways now, so no one cares anymore, not like you are paying for anything, except the whales do but who cares about them.
    Thourne said:
    Rockard said:
    Thourne said:
    Thourne said:

New load.
    etc

Well,it's not.

And you are quoting 2 people who have already stated they don't think it is.
    So what exactly are you trying to say?
    I'm pointing out that I am not comparing dissimilar things,but simply answering
    to the question of the op.
    Is this the worst launch in MMO history?
    No.It isn't.
    Hope that was helpful.
  • mechtech256mechtech256 Member UncommonPosts: 206
    No, Dark and Light was the worst launch
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    I think definitely. Especially taking in account its a game that allready launched year ago. So they should be ready, experienced and know what their servers can take.

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    It's getting dangerously close to be being one of the worst ever - we shall see how long it takes things to get sorted out.  Sadly, somehow, the problems have actually been getting *worse* which is mind boggling 60+ hours after launch.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    making me strongly consider getting a refund on my blade and soul pre-order
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    If you think this is the worst, this must be your first MMO. I'd say it went rather smoothly.
    In what universe is unable to log in, unable to create a character, character loading loops (log in, instantly booted to character screen,) unplayable lag if you do manage to stay logged in, etc. a smooth launch?  And these are not issues a small subset of players are experiencing...it is everyone.
  • CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    I agree, because not only is this a re launch the first launch was poor too. Can't believe the re-launch into F2P mode iss even worse. I guess they really want this game to die.
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    They just filter the MMO hopper from those who really wanna play, respectively those who know that this is pretty normal nowadays ^^

Vanguard was as bad (if not worse) lag wise.
    Aion was as bad queue wise.
    WOD idk, never played WoW.
    Arche Age had a really bad launch gameplay wise with their housing.

That's why I normally don't start directly at launch and wait for about 1-2 weeks, but as I have much time atm I decided to give it a try.
    And the game is playable late in the night and early mornings, it's just between 10am and 1am when there is lag.

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

• ThexReporterThexReporter Member UncommonPosts: 124
    josko9 said:

Some people were accidentally logged into other players accounts after they logged in, somehow.  

Blatant lie. That never happened.

Uh... WHAT?!  I was one of the people that was actually logged into someone elses account, so I know for a damn fact you're spewing straight up bullshit kid.  
    edited October 2015
    josko9 said:

Some people were accidentally logged into other players accounts after they logged in, somehow.  

Blatant lie. That never happened.

Uh... WHAT?!  I was one of the people that was actually logged into someone elses account, so I know for a damn fact you're spewing straight up bullshit kid.  
    I posted a link further up the thread that shows people talking about it months later on the official forums.