Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Review is in

The first "official" (i.e. non-fan/basher) review is in! Here is the link:

http://pc.gamedaily.com/game/review/?gameid=2444

There, now all you trolls have to bow down to me and lick my boots in appriciation of my good judgment when it comes to games.

Comments

• smellyfedsmellyfed Member Posts: 39
    They painted a pretty picture... makes this title a little more compelling for me.
  • MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399

Pre-release review hmm? Smacks of a hand shake review to me. We'll give you first rights as long as you pad the stats. PC Gamer fell into this trap to get the scoop on games and they've taken flak for it. Seriously, if you think one review vindicates you, you are sadly mistaken friend.

The court of public opinion will be the determining factor, not glassy-eyed reviews.

• J_HurryJ_Hurry Member UncommonPosts: 230

I wonder how much he got payed.

LGM Alchemist (Legendary Grandmaster)
  • ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

AC2 receieved excellent reviews when it was released. But it was no where near finished and very few players liked it or stuck around long.

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

They gave Asheron's Call 2: Legions a 3-star review. They gave DDO a 4½-star review.

so...

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

I'm talking about when AC2 was first released. Legions is the expansion that got bad reviews because people learned how lacking AC2 really was.

GameSpot - 8.3
    IGN - 9.0

• AshkaelAshkael Member Posts: 166
    The point is that no game site or magazine ANYWHERE knows how to properly review an MMO. Gamespy has come close with ongoing articles about a game, but there are simply too many and they are too time consuming. In fact, I daresay that any MMO review that pops up within a month of the games release is invalidated completely.
  • nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Originally posted by Ashkael
    The point is that no game site or magazine ANYWHERE knows how to properly review an MMO. Gamespy has come close with ongoing articles about a game, but there are simply too many and they are too time consuming. In fact, I daresay that any MMO review that pops up within a month of the games release is invalidated completely.

With that logic, yours or anyones elses review is invalid also. So everyone might as well try the game out for themselves.

Honestly, you people are too paranoid and the only reason to expect something dishonest from somebody is because you yourself are dishonest. Your view of others have a lot to do with your view on yourself. I won't even begin to get into the psychological aspects of this though.

• flea1flea1 Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by nthnaoun
    Originally posted by Ashkael The point is that no game site or magazine ANYWHERE knows how to properly review an MMO. Gamespy has come close with ongoing articles about a game, but there are simply too many and they are too time consuming. In fact, I daresay that any MMO review that pops up within a month of the games release is invalidated completely.
    With that logic, yours or anyones elses review is invalid also. So everyone might as well try the game out for themselves.
    Honestly, you people are too paranoid and the only reason to expect something dishonest from somebody is because you yourself are dishonest. Your view of others have a lot to do with your view on yourself. I won't even begin to get into the psychological aspects of this though.

ok take a step back guy. Everyone has a reson to be paranoid about any mmo. One its our money to buy it. Two ever hear of mourning??? They ripped off a lot of people. So yes its better to be careful.

Orky Name Generator, only at www.bigchoppaz.com

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Originally posted by flea1

Originally posted by nthnaoun

Originally posted by Ashkael The point is that no game site or magazine ANYWHERE knows how to properly review an MMO. Gamespy has come close with ongoing articles about a game, but there are simply too many and they are too time consuming. In fact, I daresay that any MMO review that pops up within a month of the games release is invalidated completely.

ok take a step back guy. Everyone has a reson to be paranoid about any mmo. One its our money to buy it. Two ever hear of mourning??? They ripped off a lot of people. So yes its better to be careful.

It is never good to be paranoid. Being paranoid just adds un-needed anxiety. I've heard of Mourning, but DDO is not Mourning or WoW, or DAOC, or any other game you people try to compare it to. People need to quit comparing and look at something for what it is. Try things out for yourself. If the money is that important to you or hard to come by, then wait for a free trial to come out. Many smart gamers would tell you to wait for a free trial. 

A game reviewer is a credible source of information when it comes to games. Of course they are human beings too and are capable of being biased. However, that is up to you and your critical reading skills to determine if they are using slants in their speech. It is not fair to flame the players of this game and then discount the actual proof of good reviews from a gaming website. I guarantee you that if the review was really trashing DDO this conversation wouldn't exist. I just expect people to be fair about this.

We've put up with peoples complaining and negativity for a long time now. It is time for you all to give credit when credit is due. We have a professional writer that gave this game a good review and the DDO haters have to live with it.

• Van_GuardVan_Guard Member Posts: 4
    Turbine is pumping the review as well. If Turbine is a paying advertizer then the review is worthless.