Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Riki Moment: Never forget a Girl's Name

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Or you will be hurt...

I was working sunday and this really good looking girl came in the store (with her ugly sisterimage) and they came to get a little somthing. Last time she came into the store I asked for her name. Well when she came to the checkout I look at her and possibly said one of the dumbest things ever: "humm, I forgot your name". Then she said, "Oh, well your out of luck". Then I said, "Wait! didn't it start with an N?" and then all the females in the general area laughed their a*s off at me.

I FAILED.

I talk with the casher that goes to school with her and I asked what was her name. It was Joei (pronounced jole-lay...I thought it was somthing like Nalay). I know she was walking home, but I was too ashamed to go to her. So, I just went back to work trying to stick that name in my head.

Maybe I will get another chance, but to all you players, gamers, whoever you are: Don't forget a girl's name. They don't like that...

So close to getting the digits. image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• FaemusFaemus Member Posts: 321

grind those social skills up! I was directing a shoot for a couple of authors last week. A guy that I've known since childhood was on the set. . . I had to ask the production manager to tell me his name again =(

Oh yah. And once I was taking an essay-test in high school and forgot how to spell the word "The".

-- I need a nerf --

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

i never forget a name, number, or face i have all my phone numbers i dial at least once a week memorized.

but that happens to my friend who i have nicknamed casanova many a time. the sad thing is most the women whose name he cant remember he has slept with.

i am waiting for him to get castrated by a feminist cult....

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Thats funny verg. I remember mainly faces and then the name will pop up.

|

• slapme7timesslapme7times Member Posts: 436

girls like being forgotten, it makes them feel like they need to give you something to be important.

she was probably just unattracted to you =D

the truth will set you free, but first it's going to make you angry

--people who believe in abstinence are unsurprisingly also some of the ugliest most sexually undesired people in the world.--

Originally posted by slapme7times

girls like being forgotten, it makes them feel like they need to give you something to be important.
    she was probably just unattracted to you =D
    the truth will set you free, but first it's going to make you angry

IMPOSSIBLE. THERE IS NO WAY! I AM SLICK RICK THE LADIES MAN! THATS IMPOSSIBLE!

I'm going to grab this chick. If I can get with all the other girls/women/moms I don't know why can't I get what I want....image

|

• AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

IMPOSSIBLE. THERE IS NO WAY! I AM SLICK RICK THE LADIES MAN! THATS IMPOSSIBLE!
    I'm going to grab this chick. If I can get with all the other girls/women/moms I don't know why can't I get what I want....image

Because you forgot her name.

Which, if you forgot her name, she can't be that important on your totem pole of, "hot girls I'd like to be with".

I don't forget names, especially pretty girls names. "Oops, what's your name again?" Is worse than just spitting in her face.

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

I know man....She just had a really tricky name and it's was about 3 weeks since a seen her in the store (on my work shift). That's no excuse, Forgive me. I have just damaged my GAME.

Time for me to dust my self off. I'm getting shot down . . . No more mister nice guy! No more mister clean!imageimage

I'm going to give this girl another attempt when I see her. I never forget names like that, but this one got me.

|

• ionicwingsionicwings Member Posts: 109

that's true. I knew someone that her sister's measure for a guy to have a chance is First, you should pronounce her name properly and Second, you have to spell it correctly. ::::14::

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

I feel for ya...

Since Im lucky my wife is very tolerant of my stupidity in this area. Not only did I call her my former G/F's name a few times in the early days image

When we had only been going out about a year I went to her house late at night and unkown to me her and her sister (who incidentally looks a LOT like her) had swapped rooms. So I knocked on what I thought was her door and her sis answered. I went Hi Darling and gave her a big hug and kiss and then wondered why I got slapped and shoved, then she turned the light on image

Took a while to talk my way out of that one.image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Riki did you ever put pics up of yourself from that geek/anime fest? I wonder what the great womanizer looks like. Perhaps we would see the problem ::::33::

Originally posted by -Jaguar-
    Riki did you ever put pics up of yourself from that geek/anime fest? I wonder what the great womanizer looks like. Perhaps we would see the problem ::::33::

yeah bring it on! ::::17::

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Originally posted by Razorback
    I feel for ya...
    Since Im lucky my wife is very tolerant of my stupidity in this area. Not only did I call her my former G/F's name a few times in the early days image
    When we had only been going out about a year I went to her house late at night and unkown to me her and her sister (who incidentally looks a LOT like her) had swapped rooms. So I knocked on what I thought was her door and her sis answered. I went Hi Darling and gave her a big hug and kiss and then wondered why I got slapped and shoved, then she turned the light on image

Haha PWNED ::::24::

lol@ Razorback's experience! That's so priceless! ::::18::

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

I feel for ya...

You know, husbands have been shot for less....Razor, you are lucky to come out of the sister's room alive, and once you did get out alive, the fact that your gilfriend/wife let you live...wow.

For me I hardly ever forget a face of someone I interact with, I used to work at a mall and it would drive me crazy cause all about town I would see people I recognized and they would not know me from a hole in the ground. Forget about phone numbers though, I have about a 20% chance I will remember a phone number especially now with cell phones, who needs to memorize.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918

Let me give you all a bit of advice: girls like it when you use a fly swatter to slap them on the cheek.

• lowradslowrads Member UncommonPosts: 200

Try the salesman's trick of using their name after they tell it to you. If you feel you can't avoid sounding cheesy, use it later on.

Also, for dealing with people in general, I just have a couple genericly absurd nicknames that I use on everyone.

My dear Casaubon..

Of course, I use these on the people who's names I also manage to remember.

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

yeah, forgeting a girls name is bad, but atleast you didn't tell her that she spelt her name wrong. ::::15:: I made that mistake. this girl was one of those really hot gothic looking, sadistic chick. yeah, well later on i had her name carved into my arm with a pencil by none other than she.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

one time before i went to jail i pushed this one girl's head right into a bar counter and she fell right off the freakin stool.

i can't remember her name and i still talk to her every once in awhile :)

• DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520

Haha. I know how you feel, except it was a little different.

I was eating lunch at the mall, when this pretty girl went up to me and said, "Hi! Remember me?" And I'm like, "Umm, what was your name again?"

Then, she just started laughing and cracking up. I was like, "No, really what's your name. I don't think I know you." And she just continued cracking up.  Up to now, I still don't know who she is....image

Oh yeah, and for cheesy lines, try this one: "If I were to arrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together." Lol!

This siggy is CGI that my cousin made in 4 hours.

Originally posted by -Jaguar-

Once I get a good water mark to put on it i'll show you guys. I was going to put a watermark of mmorpg.com + my sig + my mmorpg.com email. I emailed this asking the Admin but the guy dosen't want to help me out. So I guess I'm going to do it.

|

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Edit: Oops post got messed up, too lazy to write it again..

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

I feel for ya...

i dated a twin once and the trick i used was i gave my girlfriend(now ex), a bracelet that i knew she would always wear.

and they were friggin identical, so if i didn't hear them talk it was impossible to differenciate, their voices were different thank god......

but ya i got into trouble because little known to me the other twin wore that bracelet one day...........

and we broke up over me "cheating on her".........

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

Verg, did you break up with your "protective" girlfriend or was that back in the day?

|

• RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

That's why I try to remember their name and if I can't I tell them I can't and I try to remember and start thinking real hard usually they'll think it's cute or, not care.

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    Verg, did you break up with your "protective" girlfriend or was that back in the day?

hehe which one my current girlfriend who ive been dating for over a year is protective but isnt a drag at all......

but i had a pretty bad one who basically would all but take away all my shoes, carkeys, and cellphone so i "couldnt't do anything stupid"

even if i was just going to see a movie or something......

but ya that was  a while ago......