Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Visuals/Graphics not so hot?

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
I played the beta f2p.  But I wasn't impressed by the graphics.  I was looking for something that was as good looking as GW2 or even FFXIV and i found something that looked like a mix between Tera & WoW, but just with more vivid colors.  I pumped up the settings to the highest but it still didnt have the super high detail I was expecting from a game released in 2014.

I know its a more cartoony game, but i just didnt' see the detail i thought i would see.  like it didnt have the bloom effects you might see in Skyrim or GW2.  The color scheme is vivid colors but it didnt seem as shiny or glowy or detailed as expected.  Well anyways, not sure if any others felt the same way?

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• toomuch4212toomuch4212 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    They are overhauling some of the graphics and adding new lighting systems etc. theres comparison shots  from old to new   and an article on here about it.http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/2015-09-24-wildstar-in-a-new-light/

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    oh thank you! phew! ok i'll definitely hit it up on the 29th!

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    They are overhauling some of the graphics and adding new lighting systems etc. theres comparison shots  from old to new   and an article on here about it.http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/2015-09-24-wildstar-in-a-new-light/

WOW...the changes are awesome, I cant wait to try this again.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    MMObro said:

Must be me then.  I can't tell that much of a difference. 
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    flizzer said:
    MMObro said:

Must be me then.  I can't tell that much of a difference. 
    They changed the lighting on their atrocious models.  So yeah, if you hate the art style it doesn't change anything.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    well im excited to play this game now.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    I always liked the art style, never made me feel like the graphics looked dated.  They changes make it look even better.
  • JindaeJindae Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited October 2015
    To be honest GW 2 graphics are not better. The style is different. For me the quality is pretty much same, but with different style. People often forget that even cartoon can look good or bad, it does not always look bad.
    Good examples are cheap anime shows vs high budget anime shows. Both are drop in to cartoon category.

For me graphics are
    Animations
    Character models
    Particles
    Textures
    etc...

I think i am not only one with this opinion, but sadly majority can't understand the difference.
    I can say in full confidence that Elder Scrolls Online graphics suck. I compare that game to other MMORPGs which aim for more realism looking textures and theme.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Nice! I wonder what sort of performance hit this is going to mean for the game, overall. I remember the beta was horribly optimized. I played it just recently and found it much smoother. Will it go back to poor optimization? I don't know. I hope not though. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• PanteraRosaPanteraRosa Member UncommonPosts: 35
    I love H1Z1 graphics