Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is wildstar worth playing?

124»

Comments

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835
    I still sub to the game and play once in a while. Personally, I've always liked the game. The only thing that bothers me and gets me to quit playing is a lack of players. I rarely see people.
  • PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    I still sub as well, I spend most of my time in SWTOR, but jump back into WildStar a couple of times a month.  Game has always been a blast, just was sort of empty of p[layers - will see how this free to play goes and if population increases.
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    No, it's not worth it. This game is perfect for somebody longing for an ultra-cartoony sci-fi mmo reproduction of countless other mmo's. Seems to be a perfectly fine game, for those in that niche.
  • renegeedrenegeed Member UncommonPosts: 55
    The game is worth trying out, good F2P model and it was already a good game before it went F2P, just lacked players.

Just keep in mind that it just went F2P and has some server issues due to the huge amount of new players and returning players, might want to wait a week if you can't handle that.
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    From a guy who hates MMOs and cutesy tootsy cartoony graphics.....I loved Wild Star!
    Unfortunately, the new release has been botched and frankly I dont have the patience to wait for them to get their act together.
    There are issues beyond the fact that there are ques, wait times, stuck in character creation etc.
    I can only play it with my one pre-existing character, and thats only if I dont have to wait to get in.
    Once you get in, there is a 50/50 chance you will like it, as much of the old issues remain.
    Despite that, it is worth a try if you are able to get in.
    I loved everything about it, despite the game violating my usual criteria, i.e. art style and cartoony humor.
    The Devs were really really really on to something with this game, they just lacked the last 10% to seal the deal.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Dauntis said:

I think anything "free" is worth at least giving a try for yourself.

Only if your time also has zero value.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2015
    it is not JUST the graphics but the way they are displayed.I actually got a headache trying to see in the maps because everything is like a low poly light show,it is actually tough to see.Tons of low poly lighted images everywhere just make it bad.

The graphics and seeing is so bad,i often had the target right in front of me and could not see it.I really don't know exactly what causes the terrible viewpoint because i have never encountered this before in any game.I am not even sure HD graphics would help it,it is like they are trying to make a scene too busy but comes off more as a mess of lights and images with no separation because everything is basically the same type of visual.

The combat system is bad ,not just because the red carpet system but everything is cheap 101.The mobs attack like computers not like some kind of realistic AI,they basically stick to you like glue.The auto face targets is proper but the camera doesn't move with you lmao.

Everything is just basically run around looking for the orange markers.I honestly couldn't wait to delete it definitely not my type of game.Might some enjoy it's delivery,i think likely yes just not me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If the game was worth playing as a P2P game, then its worth playing still now, if however, it wasn't worth your time as a P2P game, then going F2P doesnt really change anything, if they actually start paying the players to play the game, then maybe i'll revisit my own decision to avoid it like the plague.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    It's the same game, with a braindead first 15 levels revamp, streamlined stat system, and ultimately the same shitty dev team that is incapable of learning from their own mistakes.  See the Original Launch fiasco if you wish to understand what I mean.

Daily Reminder CoH was shutdown and B&S was delayed for this shit. Thanks Nexon.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Phry said:
    If the game was worth playing as a P2P game, then its worth playing still now, if however, it wasn't worth your time as a P2P game, then going F2P doesnt really change anything, if they actually start paying the players to play the game, then maybe i'll revisit my own decision to avoid it like the plague.
    Well, not worth my time at $50 box purchase and $10/month (or whatever it was) is a good bit different than not worth my time for a free download.

Your right in that it may be the exact same game, but there are a lot of games that I wouldn't even pay $0.99 for that I'll poke around on every now and then if they are free to access.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Ridelynn said:
    Phry said:
    Well, not worth my time at $50 box purchase and $10/month (or whatever it was) is a good bit different than not worth my time for a free download.

Your right in that it may be the exact same game, but there are a lot of games that I wouldn't even pay $0.99 for that I'll poke around on every now and then if they are free to access.
    I don't judge a game by its financial model or the box price, on whether or not i'll play it, but the game itself, of course having a free trial at least will help, although these days you can just watch a few video's on youtube to determine whether even thats necessary, Wildstar for me didn't make it past the youtube video stage, but that was back when it was P2P, oddly enough, that its now F2P, nothing has changed, it is still not worth me investing any of my time into.
  • natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    For free it's "worth it" even if you just play the first couple levels. I find it at least enjoyable in the start.. though I left after level 15 or so (way back when it launched.) I might come back though to see what's changed and how the community is ect. 

But even if you just have fun with it for a couple hours.. it's free so, that's worth it right? If your question is "Is it worth investing a ton of time and energy?" Well, play it, and you'll know.