Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter - the latest population reducing eruption

2»

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited September 2015
    Glad I left this game when I figured out that everyone had better gear than me because:

a. they were willing to spend months doing a data-entry job with multiple toons with leadership, something I was not willing to do just to compete in an MMO

b. they were using AD generated from one of the many gigantic exploits in the game's history

c. (much rarer) they spent thousands of dollars on the game, also something I wasn't willing to do

I really enjoyed the PVP in the game despite being basically limited to 2 BGs (ridiculous to have that few).  But the combat system was great.

Anyway now that they are taking away option a, which I still can't believe people actually did, that leaves just the exploiters and the whales.  No room at all anymore for working for your gear in game, or even as a data entry job from your phone through leadership.

The game was already struggling pretty bad when I left last August.  I can't imagine it's going to stay alive much longer after this.

Honestly it kind of smells like a last ditch effort for cash.  They're hoping some people are so desperate for AD that they will fork over real cash before they close up the shop.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Glad I left this game when I figured out that everyone had better gear than me because:

a. they were willing to spend months doing a data-entry job with multiple toons with leadership, something I was not willing to do just to compete in an MMO

b. they were using AD generated from one of the many gigantic exploits in the game's history

c. (much rarer) they spent thousands of dollars on the game, also something I wasn't willing to do

I really enjoyed the PVP in the game despite being basically limited to 2 BGs (ridiculous to have that few).  But the combat system was great.

So true Hamlet, I actually love playing NWO it has such an amazing feel in terms of actual gameplay.

The pvp would be amazing if they made a few more interesting battlegrounds/game types, normalized gear/levels for bgs, and implemented proper controls on botting/leaving games. 

The flow of the pve story is quite entertaining (despite a few grindy areas) and the environments are well done.

But that AD grind/p2w for gear, ouch. Still, I will probably play it again more if it is ever released for ps4.