Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Imperium Games/RSI/Star Citizen - GlassDoor Employee Reviews

DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Reviews-E776546.htm

This game will never see the light of day as it was promised. Not with that kind of toxic work environment.


 

Comments

  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Meh, nothing surprising. It is human nature to complain when you are unhappy about something and to not compliment when happy. I'm like that, and anybody who has worked in retail deals with this issue far to often. Negative emotions draw out stronger emotions. I hope all those former employees find something that makes them happy and that CIG sees thru the hate and pulls constructive advice from those comments.
    Considering the amount of money and effort put into this game so far, I have no doubt that it will come out, what's unknown is that state of the game when it does.

    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

  • user547user547 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    If they hired the morons who wrote those reviews, that would be a cause for concern.
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Yep, sounds pretty normal to me and 95% of that is butthurt and they probably needed to be fired. Some probably let go to restructuring.
  • strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 281
    I would be surprised at some of the accusations about the CEO, Smed was accused of alot of the same and people laughed it off saying "disgruntled ex-employees" but it turns out alot of the accusations was true. 
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    As I have said before, if SC fails, there will never be another crowdfunded MMO with that kind of resources ever again.

    From what several of the posts mentioned, it is not looking good.

    SC could very well turn into the anti-WoW of crowdfunding.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,235
    Some of the Glassdoor reports (older ones) sound legit to me. Some of them included criticism. Some of them praise. Most of them included information a new employee would be interested in (salary, benefits etc.).

    The many new reports sound fishy to me, almost like they were written by the same person with different throw-away accounts.

    As an example these two lines from allegedly two different reports:
    "Brings up highly inappropriate and unprofessional topics of conversations while people are trying to work such as sex life with CEO of company, past drug use, etc."

    "Management frequently discuss drug use and desire to use drugs in the office and inappropriate discussion of their sex lives in front of employees"


    Keep in mind that ANYONE can write a review on Glassdoor and claim to have worked for CIG.

    Thats why you also find gems like this (positive ?) report:

    "Pros

    I worked there as a graphics artist and I had lots of fun making all sorts of graphics and stuff. On the weekends I did some work on the side for Herek Kart, the company janitor who was specialized in restroom cleaning and polishing the floor of the conference room. He had lots of great war stories to tell and also an interesting story about his alien abduction.

    Cons

    Sometimes, I had too much fun!

    Advice to Management

    Keep on doing what you do and keep an eye on that janitor"


    So i would take especially the newer reports with a grain of salt.


    Have fun




  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    edited September 2015
    Erillion said:
    Some of the Glassdoor reports (older ones) sound legit to me. Some of them included criticism. Some of them praise. Most of them included information a new employee would be interested in (salary, benefits etc.).

    The many new reports sound fishy to me, almost like they were written by the same person with different throw-away accounts.

    As an example these two lines from allegedly two different reports:
    "Brings up highly inappropriate and unprofessional topics of conversations while people are trying to work such as sex life with CEO of company, past drug use, etc."

    "Management frequently discuss drug use and desire to use drugs in the office and inappropriate discussion of their sex lives in front of employees"


    Keep in mind that ANYONE can write a review on Glassdoor and claim to have worked for CIG.

    Thats why you also find gems like this (positive ?) report:

    "Pros

    I worked there as a graphics artist and I had lots of fun making all sorts of graphics and stuff. On the weekends I did some work on the side for Herek Kart, the company janitor who was specialized in restroom cleaning and polishing the floor of the conference room. He had lots of great war stories to tell and also an interesting story about his alien abduction.

    Cons

    Sometimes, I had too much fun!

    Advice to Management

    Keep on doing what you do and keep an eye on that janitor"


    So i would take especially the newer reports with a grain of salt.


    Have fun




    Obviously i'm no fan of Star citizen but im also as honest and logical as I can I be.

    You're right. Those are bullshit.

    this is something thats clearly making the truth more difficult to ascertain- the muddying of the waters with bullshit on both sides.

    I hear alot of things from alot of people regardless of anyone believing me and i'm not providing proof anyhow- I dont believe that. if drug use and sex lives were so openly discussed I think at least a couple people would still be working there quite happily lol.

    Anyhow, this is why we cant have nice things. Everything is suspect and many people believe anything that supports their own opinion and preconceived notions- I try not to (and hope I am fairly successful)

    I think you're right about many/most of the initial reports being lewgit but at some point that all came to a halt and now who knows what to believe. 

  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,871
    Problem with getting decent factual info on game development issues is that it is dangerous for the whistleblower.   The industry is not that big, and if you've publicly dissed your previous employer, even for good reason, your prospects of employment take a hit.  

    Glass Door is useful that way, mostly because you can see patterns develop that can give you great info on a company.  Just look at classic bad management cases like Gibson Guitars, or the Fiorini era HP.  The fewer the reports the less patterns become evident, so that can be a problem, especially with smaller companies.

    However, the Glass Door issues of poor organization, sycophantic management, bad decision making, etc, are exactly the same things I heard talking to folks who worked with Roberts at Origin.  But they are not going to be coming out publicly with any of this, as they still work, or want to work, in the games industry.  

    As far as I know Roberts has never released a game he produced when he wasn't under the umbrella of Origin or EA.  His mismanagement of Digital Anvil was profound, and if the stories I have heard are true, crowdfunders should be a little worried.   

    If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Once again, the Internet wins!!!! Lol. Right now seems to be suffering from Metacritic disease. I'm fairly certain that opening this type of thing up to the public sounded like a really good idea to someone, at some point. Oh well, lessons learned :) 

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,871
    Glad somebody learned somethin'.

    If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I find it odd that the last two positive reviews mention the names of a Janitor and Security Guard with the Guards name as Shart.  It is kind of suspicious/odd.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

  • jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Talonsin said:
    I find it odd that the last two positive reviews mention the names of a Janitor and Security Guard with the Guards name as Shart.  It is kind of suspicious/odd.
    It's easy to notice that the only false statements there are those who simply claimed that they are doing the right thing. There is no such thing. Every company have cons.

  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Maybe fake bad reviews on there but those top two positive reviews are 100% shill.
  • adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Yeah the Glassdoor reviews are not reliable in any way.  I read them and had to disregard them all.  Doesn't mean they are not true, just that you cant tell which ones are.


  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Maybe you doubters should read the article about what some employees had to say about the game behind the scenes. you'll see may similarities  that give many ov thoes very negative glassdoor posts credence.

    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/440162/star-citizen-employees-speak-out-on-project-woes/p1

     
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    strykr619 said:
    I would be surprised at some of the accusations about the CEO, Smed was accused of alot of the same and people laughed it off saying "disgruntled ex-employees" but it turns out alot of the accusations was true. 

    so by your logic, this must be true.  {waiting for backpedaling in the form of.....[choice selected:  CLARIFICATION]}
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I could care less anymore quit posting articles and information about this game. Enough is enough already lol
     
This discussion has been closed.