Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Que doesn't exist btw.

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
I think the que is just a stalling feature lol. I was logging in and out here, about 5 6 times, finally got the que that said a hour wait time. I hit log out, and logged back on and it let me . 

Comments

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    edited September 2015
      I beta'd the original release for 5-6 weeks but didn't like the game. Decided to come back after F2P. Was disappointed seeing the long queue particularly since I opted for the $15 sub (I don't mind giving a fee to avoid potential F2P negatives.)
    1st log in was 4 hrs, then 3.5. Then I realized that just logging out to the login screen wasn't changing much so I logged out completely and came back in from desktop. 4-5 tries and I got to make a character! Sadly, I think I'm still in some form of queue. On the final character creation screen and not logging into the game/play.

Disappointed again. Such as it is.

Edit: Turns out the game is apparently stalled at the 'Enter game' option. Had to CTRL ALT DEL out. On the good side was able to go immediately to character creation, the bad side. Stuck again. Guess we'll try again tomorrow.
  • ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    I think the que is just a stalling feature lol. I was logging in and out here, about 5 6 times, finally got the que that said a hour wait time. I hit log out, and logged back on and it let me . 

Many online games reserve your spot for a set period of time after logging out in case of disconnections so you don't have a long frustrating wait to rejoin. That has nothing to do with whether there is a queue or not.
    IrishChai said:

Many online games reserve your spot for a set period of time after logging out in case of disconnections so you don't have a long frustrating wait to rejoin. That has nothing to do with whether there is a queue or not.
    I believe the OP was commenting on the fact that a 1700 position in queue with a 4+ hour wait time (estimated) disappeared by logging in and out a few times. Just as it seemingly did for me.
    Digna said:
    IrishChai said:

I believe the OP was commenting on the fact that a 1700 position in queue with a 4+ hour wait time (estimated) disappeared by logging in and out a few times. Just as it seemingly did for me.

Ah ok. Sorry I misunderstood. Gonna have to try that trick myself.  ;)
    Now I'm unable to login at all so either they decided I was a bad person or stuff is down. Ah well.
    Yeah, looks like realms just went down.
  • KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Yes, it's down again.  Due back up in about 5 mins but we will see.  Hopefully the lag issues are being taken care of.  4 sec delay is kinda tough :/
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited September 2015
    I think some one told them on us haha. It doesn't work any more, it just gets stuck at retrieving characters. Then back to que. 

Ahh well, in 2 weeks there will never be a que again lol. 

Haha update on new trick. Just switch to the pvp server, than back to the pve server, I was 1077 4 hour wait, now I am in. I logged off for a good 2 hours. 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I think some one told them on us haha. It doesn't work any more, it just gets stuck at retrieving characters. Then back to que. 

Haha update on new trick. Just switch to the pvp server, than back to the pve server, I was 1077 4 hour wait, now I am in. I logged off for a good 2 hours. 

Queue not que.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    waynejr2 said:

Queue not que.
    Are you sure you didn't miss your cue?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    haha, que is easier. Next time i wont share my tips if your gonna nit pick me ;)
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I didn't even log out. I was #4654, wait time of two hours. I clicked on "switch realm", selected the same realm, and the game let me right in. Something is off there....perhaps they are trying to sell "priority queue" to people who don't want to wait., but it does seem artificial. No lag once in game, only a few people in the starter area. 
    edited September 2015
    Just happened to me.  O.o That's crazy. I was at around #3800+ before bypassing it. Still getting ridiculous lag though.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    haha, que is easier. Next time i wont share my tips if your gonna nit pick me ;)
    Easier yet is what I use, Q.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• PizzaGoblinPizzaGoblin Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Since when did the internet start spelling things right?  To be completely dishonest with you, I enjoy waiting in kue.

"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."

Frank Lloyd Wright