Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wild Star FAIL

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
Sadly, the nay sayers were correct.

Here is my review:

"No Realms Available At This Time"

NICE LAUNCH!

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    They're just trying to get the feel of a new MMO launch right!

Gotta have a few server problems on that first day, otherwise it's not authentic!  B)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Anyone expecting smooth servers on the (re)launch of a game is hopelessly naive.  You'd think players would have learnt this metaphorical aeons ago.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Can not spell Wildstar even though the name is on the main page here, FAIL. Too easy.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Some people never learn.
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    DMKano said:
    watch cat videos on YouTube for an hour or 2 :)

Also good for when you need your 2 year old and 10 month old to chill out.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Why people get upset at launches makes me laugh. Are we new to this? Almost 20 years of MMOing and this is how most go. Dont like it, get out of the kitchen. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited September 2015
    5h queue here, freedom unlocked yeah LOL
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I just love the severe over-reactions. 
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    The servers are back up......but....

EU :
    Position in queue 3577
    Estimated Wait Time: 36 hour, 40 m

lol 
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    peoples love free stuff , but they have no idea none is free for real
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Well, they never had that kind of succes as a p2p title, so they really did not have a chance to see how the servers would hold up under pressure.

And people wonder why games go f2p...
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    F2P games always have an initial rush.  Keeping them is another matter that many of them never succeed in doing.

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Yep.
    If you expect a MMO launch without problems,bugs,server downtime.....good luck!
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Rockard said:
    Yep.
    If you expect a MMO launch without problems,bugs,server downtime.....good luck!
    Well, to be honest is it a relaunch and those are far easier. Sure, they have changed some things but the server software should be well tested by now.

This is a bit clumsy, no disaster but they can't really afford mistakes right now. They need to get everything up and running as intended ASAP.
    Hehe, daytime play and the Q is 600 deep, 20 min wait time. Prime time is not gonna look so good. They need a paying customer Q. I have dropped money on this game and F2P players should be 2nd class gamers. Guess I will wait for the crazy to die down first.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Except it is NOT a release if servers are not up,login goes to a page that says not available,players cannot get in,it is ....umm i would say a fail.

You know how many games i have not got into on my first try.....ummmm maybe 2 in my entire life.Rift obviously since Trion get's it wrong every time and the other i don't even remember.I played FFXI for over 13 years,never once could i not login well except for the earthquake but that is not the developer's fault.I got in that game the very first day and have never had any issues in 13 years.

Now a days seems people want to make excuses for really bad developer's and publishers who can't get their act together.You have TESTING phases ,that is what they are for,you don't use launch day as another testing phase lol.

ALL of these devs need to get their act together,run testing and treat is as testing and not as some marketing gimmick.

Here you go,here is this brilliant teams launch.BTW this page has been like this since yesterday and today.
    https://secure.wildstar-online.com/login

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Except it is NOT a release if servers are not up,login goes to a page that says not available,players cannot get in,it is ....umm i would say a fail.

You know how many games i have not got into on my first try.....ummmm maybe 2 in my entire life.Rift obviously since Trion get's it wrong every time and the other i don't even remember.I played FFXI for over 13 years,never once could i not login well except for the earthquake but that is not the developer's fault.I got in that game the very first day and have never had any issues in 13 years.

Now a days seems people want to make excuses for really bad developer's and publishers who can't get their act together.You have TESTING phases ,that is what they are for,you don't use launch day as another testing phase lol.

ALL of these devs need to get their act together,run testing and treat is as testing and not as some marketing gimmick.

Here you go,here is this brilliant teams launch.BTW this page has been like this since yesterday and today.
    https://secure.wildstar-online.com/login
    Get a grip. New server structure and a relauch. You never know how things will work out when you do stuff like this till it hits live. Give them a few hours to work this out lol
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    They're supposed to buy a brand new server farm so that launch is smooth and they can swallow the loss when you get bored of them again?

Entitlement.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• DukeTyrionDukeTyrion Member UncommonPosts: 89
    JudgeUK said:

EU :
    Position in queue 3577

lol 
    Position in queue 7000
    Estimated Wait Time: 352 hours, 33m

I win  :p
  • BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Wizardry said:
    I played FFXI for over 13 years,never once could i not login well except for the earthquake but that is not the developer's fault.I got in that game the very first day and have never had any issues in 13 years.

You played FFXI for 13 years but what you failed to realize is that the game had around 30 servers, not 4 (I think for WS). Also the MMO population is a lot bigger now than it was back when FFXI first launched. I doubt more than 50-100k people played XI at its very launch, but I wouldn't doubt 100k+ people trying to get into wildstar when the servers went up.

Also, don't act like FFXI servers were great, do you not remember the "maintenance extended" messages after EVERY maint. As a FFXI player I'm surprised you don't have more patience. 
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    JudgeUK said:

EU :
    Position in queue 3577

lol 
    Position in queue 7000
    Estimated Wait Time: 352 hours, 33m

I win  :p
    Went out. Logged in again when I came back:

Pos'n 7820