Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confusing Castle Claim Time on Evolution Servers

TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
edited September 2015 in ArcheAge
Trion has once again had issues with miscommunication.  Apparently they posted a time without a timezone for the start of castle claiming and several GM's and forum posts gave different timezone information.  On Nazer, one guild grabbed all four castles in 15 minutes due to preparation and a lack of resistance.  Official forums are in an uproar, again. 

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?234877-Trion-What-the-Literal-F

http://http//forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?234875-NAZAR-beyond-ridiculous 

http://http//forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?234759-Farewell-Letter!

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Post edited by Talonsin on

Comments

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    It's Trion. Did you really expect things to go smoothly?
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    What is truly surprising is people get shocked when this happens.  Trion /XL caused AA to fail in the west, and continue to keep failing their "current" customers.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited September 2015
    Its people can't read or lack understanding of what they read.

If the know to read they lack organization talent.

Exampel on our server apperantly all were informed judging on number of hell  even on the nuia/haranyyi harbors before the ships launched to auroria and the amount of hell in diamond shores at 6 pm and then one faction - 4 different guilds speaking 3 different languages btw- got all the bases  (pro tip : preparation and organization).  
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    DMKano said:
     One server where some players dont understand what GMT means is botched launch?

Nazar has a really powerful alliance thst completely rolled and organized the castle grabs - the other factions never stood a chance.

But go ahead and blame Trion for one guild planning and dominating the rest - clearly it's Trion's fault... lol
    No offense, but you're like Johnny on the spot when the word "Trion" appears LOL
  • mmcmichen85mmcmichen85 Member CommonPosts: 3
    Trion is not a liable company. So this isn't surprising.
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    edited September 2015
    carotid said:
    DMKano said:

Nazar has a really powerful alliance thst completely rolled and organized the castle grabs - the other factions never stood a chance.

But go ahead and blame Trion for one guild planning and dominating the rest - clearly it's Trion's fault... lol
    No offense, but you're like Johnny on the spot when the word "Trion" appears LOL
    https://youtu.be/s26XpHL214s
    -Chuckles
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    carotid said:
    DMKano said:

https://youtu.be/s26XpHL214s
    OMG! That was BRILLIANT!  B)
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    "I suck at reading time, Trion teach me how to read. If you don't, you are not a responsible company and you suck".

"My guild is filled with morons so i can't organize a proper castle siege, Trion organize my guild for me, you can't do that for me? you are not a responsible company and you suck."

#Entitlementgenerationforpresidentrun

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    DMKano said:

9 Pages of posts on the official forum tends to mean it wasnt just a few players who did not understand GMT but go ahead, defend Trion for another episode of poor communication.  Clearly it is the players fault... LOL

LOL at Kano and trying to make it out like Trion is blameless:

(01:21:15 PM) GM Venix: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
    (01:23:12 PM) GM Venix: PDT is Pacific time along the west coast of the U.S.
    (01:24:13 PM) Jucélio Verissimo: but The fortress workbench is activated every Sunday at 6pm (PDT? or ingame time? or my time?)
    (01:24:48 PM) GM Venix: PDT.
    (01:25:33 PM) Jucélio Verissimo: OK thank you! this was only my problem
    (01:25:54 PM) GM Venix: I am sorry for that confusion but may I assist you with anything else today?
    (01:27:20 PM) Jucélio Verissimo: Thank you, problem solved
    more will set me to be online 6pm PDT
    (01:27:37 PM) GM Venix: Great! Have a good day and thank you for contacting Trion Worlds. In the bottom left of your chat window, you can find an 'Options' button. Please click this button and select 'End this chat'. If you don't see this option, please let me know.

Trion GM's and forum posts clearly stated in several places this event would start at 6pm PST but good job on the damage control there Kano.  Lets keep blaming the players.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    How many isolated incidents does trion need to have before you admit theres a problem?  I'm glad I quit this game and never went back. Kano used to be a lot different about games if you check some of his way earlier posts on the forums. It's a shock seeing how his behavior has changed when it comes to archeage. I really feel bad for all the people who keep going back to this game only to get burned further.
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    DMKano said:
    Talonsin said:
    DMKano said:

9 Pages of posts on the official forum tends to mean it wasnt just a few players who did not understand GMT but go ahead, defend Trion for another episode of poor communication.  Clearly it is the players fault... LOL

LOL at Kano and trying to make it out like Trion is blameless:

(01:21:15 PM) GM Venix: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
    (01:23:12 PM) GM Venix: PDT is Pacific time along the west coast of the U.S.
    (01:24:13 PM) Jucélio Verissimo: but The fortress workbench is activated every Sunday at 6pm (PDT? or ingame time? or my time?)
    (01:24:48 PM) GM Venix: PDT.
    (01:25:33 PM) Jucélio Verissimo: OK thank you! this was only my problem
    (01:25:54 PM) GM Venix: I am sorry for that confusion but may I assist you with anything else today?
    (01:27:20 PM) Jucélio Verissimo: Thank you, problem solved
    more will set me to be online 6pm PDT
    (01:27:37 PM) GM Venix: Great! Have a good day and thank you for contacting Trion Worlds. In the bottom left of your chat window, you can find an 'Options' button. Please click this button and select 'End this chat'. If you don't see this option, please let me know.

Trion GM's and forum posts clearly stated in several places this event would start at 6pm PST but good job on the damage control there Kano.  Lets keep blaming the players.

A single GM can make a mistake. A single GM is not all of Trion.

One server is not all of Archeage 

Again whatever happened on *one* server does not equate the entire game having a botched Auroria launch (again) as your title states.

This is an isolated incident, overblown for max anti-Trion drama as usual. 

Actually his title for the post does not say anything about an all ArcheAge Auroria botch. You dear sir are such a blind defender of ArchAge that you may need to reread the title.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    You know, zero mistakes is an achievable goal, though Trion doesn't seem capable of hitting it.

Maybe next time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    DMKano said:
    Drama over nothing.

Yes because this game is already nothing because of Trion... well less than nothing actually, lol

So yeah you are absolutely right about the "nothing" part ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited September 2015
    The thing this shows most, is bad game design. Anyone who is going to argue that it isn't is working for trion.

People being dumb is bad game design ?

Topic is also misleading, there wasn't any auroria "launch".

Reading of the patch notes, helps.

btw. by the last hotfix TRION made it even the most fair to all.  And no surprise people have been attacking TRION for that as well. 
    On my server our faction was so far ahead in the castle building the other side would have just watch how we take the bases uncontested, without Trion helping em. Now they had a chance at least. (which of course they failed cause they don't organize or even work together). 

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Amana on
    edited September 2015
    DMKano said:

A single GM can make a mistake. A single GM is not all of Trion.

One server is not all of Archeage 

Again whatever happened on *one* server does not equate the entire game having a botched Auroria launch (again) as your title states.

This is an isolated incident, overblown for max anti-Trion drama as usual. 

LOL, so now it is not just a few people who could not read GMT like your first excuse stated?  Now it is just a single server or a single GM is it?  What will your next defense be?  It was more than a single GM, it was countless sources including TrionBrasse from all over Trinos website and it did indeed effect all evolution and fresh start servers if I am not mistaken.  Nazar is just being the most vocal about it.  Here is one of my favorite forum quotes:

"They said nothing about it until yesterday when TrionBrasse was being begged to answer the question in her 'trolling the customers' tread, and finally she told us that they just didn't know if the 6pm was Greenwich, EST, PDT, or Korean TZ. They had no idea."

But you are right, Trion did everything right and can do no wrong.  [mod edit]

Post edited by Amana on

farbege said:

Topic is also misleading, there wasn't any auroria "launch".

Agreed.  I changed it and the initial post to better fit the situation.