Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maybe I've outgrown games?

13»

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its possible that people outgrow games, but its also possible that games are just not as good as they used to be. From early 2000s, imo, game quality was better because companies focused on quality and not every person with a comp was trying to put something out for a quick buck like they are today. There's at least a new MMO every week, or at least it feels like, which tries to offer something "new" or "nostalgic" to get people in, a.k.a. a gimic. Companies change with the times and more often than not, quality is sacrificed to get numbers. IMO, take away the competition and quality goes up.
  • KnightdaneKnightdane Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I have felt burned out too for many years... never been able to find a game like everquest..

i keep returning to EQ live and P99...

but what i really need, is a full remake, with HD graphics and modern game updates of Everquest.
    Now that would be truly something.

Imagine seeing the hairs stand out on the arms of Fippy Darkpaw, as you hack him to pieces.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Try an entirely different genre. Or do something that makes money.
  • DrisdaneDrisdane Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Try Saga of Ryzom. It has your grind, almost an unlimited amount if you want to level all of the classes. It has a small community of a few thousand, but it is an awesome community. It also has some of the best built skill systems out there. Definitely a bit dated in the graphics department though. But it will give you that epic traveling feel like EQ did. You will do a LOT of walking (teleport options are available for purchase later, but you need to at least make the really long trek the first time), and you will probably need a group to caravan your way through the wilds. It is definitely a place that rewards the social aspects of MMOs.
  • DrisdaneDrisdane Member UncommonPosts: 97
    As to a multi-game community, such as @Mr_Pith mentioned, you can try the Old Timers Guild (OTG) or The Older Gamers (TOG). Both have communities of people over 25 years old that number in the thousands, and they both have branches in most games out there. Locale seems to be one of the differences. OTG has a lot of US members with some presence throughout the world. TOG has a large UK and Australia presence with members throughout the world. 

Maybe those communities can make it fun for you again.
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I don't think it's about outgrowing games. I just think that the more experiences you made in matters of gaming, the more often you see things that have already been there exactly like that, or better.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Mr_PithMr_Pith Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Mr_Pith said:
    We should start a guild on a forum and go from game to game. 

<The Restless Elders> guild anybody? Or perhaps <Vintage Vaudevillian Veterans>?
    I like this idea... You hosting?
    I'm sorry @SomethingUnusual. I was sort of joking but there are several gaming groups and communities like this (and I'm in one of them). Check out @Drisdane reply in this thread for more info.