Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mike Laidlaw on Trespasser & (Possible) Future Plans - Dragon Age: Inquisition at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageMike Laidlaw on Trespasser & (Possible) Future Plans - Dragon Age: Inquisition at MMORPG.com

With the release of the Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC, Trespasser, a couple of weeks ago and the announcement of the definitive Game of the Year Edition earlier this week, it is clear that DA:I is a finished product. We had the opportunity to talk with Dragon Age Lead Designer Mike Laidlaw about Trespasser, the (possible) future of the franchise and more. See what he had to say in our exclusive interview.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    I hope the next DA will be called "dragon age ; rise of elvhen". i so want to crash the humans and dwarfs and qunari with my elvhen powers!!!

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited September 2015
    It certainly could have headed that way, but DAI was pretty centered on elves and that the next game, if there is one, will be in Tevinter and continue to explore the meaning of the Fade and the Veil -- both obviously related to elves, but not exclusively. I don't think that BW has any interest in seeing any race "crushed" by any others. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• seamonkey001seamonkey001 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Hopefully they do not try and make a MMO out of the series.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    Hopefully they do not try and make a MMO out of the series.
    Lol I am scared of this too. I wouldn't be opposed to it if the single player games continued, but I don't think the genre is at a place where they can do what's done in DA:I (world changing decisions), coupled with being an MMO. I don't think the game industry is even there yet so it would be watered down.
    SBFord said:
    It certainly could have headed that way, but DAI was pretty centered on elves and that the next game, if there is one, will be in Tevinter and continue to explore the meaning of the Fade and the Veil -- both obviously related to elves, but not exclusively. I don't think that BW has any interest in seeing any race "crushed" by any others. :D
    Yeah but part of the appeal in Dragon Age, or BioWare games in general is the ability to severely impact the world for better or for worse and any combination therein. It was made abundantly clear at the end of Trespasser that Tevinter would be the next stop, should there be a next stop (there better be, they'd be stupid not to.) But that doesn't mean the races and decisions that influence them have to be left out in order to focus on those things. Personally I'm very pro-elf in DA because of the severe degree of oppression, and while I made decisions in both DA:O and DA:I that should place Elves in a very strong position going forward, I would really like to actually see the fruits of that labor sometime soon-ish, and continue to take part in that struggle.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Honestly, I am sure DA4 will not continue ANYTHING from DA:I, neither the Solas story nor anything. DA1 started the story with the Demons and the Dragons and the blight. Nothing was continued about this later. DA2 was about Mages, Templars and Kirkwall/Hawke. It played only a very miniature role in DA:I. I do not expect that we ever hear of Solas or the Elves again, save in some minor background story. It's what bioware does with DA: they tease us stories and then forget about it up to the next DA game.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert