Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Are You Not Playing DarkScape?

nullBoltnullBolt Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 8
Link

JaGeX opened a RuneScape clone server with a bunch of stuff that most MMORPGers seem interested in.

Seriously, open world PvP all the time, risk versus reward, the great quests of RuneScape, open freeform skills system etc etc.

Why aren't you playing it?

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Runescape?  God no.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Because I refuse to pay 10 bucks a month for Runescape when Eldevin and many other superbly well done browser based mmorpgs w/ client options are free.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    nullBolt said:
    Link

JaGeX opened a RuneScape clone server with a bunch of stuff that most MMORPGers seem interested in.

Seriously, open world PvP all the time, risk versus reward, the great quests of RuneScape, open freeform skills system etc etc.

I seriously thought about it, but am too heavily invested in EVE right now.

But I agree with the suggestion.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    I would, but totally open PVP F2P MMO.
    I loged in and was constantly killed in tutorial spawn zone. Could not make one step.

Its like if human babies would be thrown into cage full of hungry wolves and see how many would survive.

• nullBoltnullBolt Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 8
    Sephiroso said:
    Because I refuse to pay 10 bucks a month for Runescape when Eldevin and many other superbly well done browser based mmorpgs w/ client options are free.
    DarkScape has no membership. Every person that signs up gets access to all membership areas.

I loged in and was constantly killed in tutorial spawn zone. Could not make one step.

Its like if human babies would be thrown into cage full of hungry wolves and see how many would survive.

It can be pretty bad, but all the spawn zones in DarkScape are completely managed by guards.
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Uhm, because, I would rather watch my own brown baby boys swim in the porcelain pond than play anything to do with runescape.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    nullBolt said:
    Link

Because i don't like old school MMOs, and much prefer the modern everything-is-a-mmo type games?
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Lobotomist said:

It can be pretty bad, but all the spawn zones in DarkScape are completely managed by guards.
    Not true. They are very easily avoided by PK players

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

THIS!!

It's like people forget that Runescape takes all of the stereotypical "worst" elements of PvP and actually implement them!!!! Darkscape builds on that idea and removes any and all safety that you might have had before. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    i returned to runescape to play darkscape after 7 years absence.
    And despite runescape feeling outdated and clunky, I'm having a blast and see myself playing for quite some time.

It's really great that theres no cash shop and all member content is free.

Also.. Yeah.. it just launched, ofcourse you're going to get killed at spawn.
    It's already got a lot less worse actually, so give it another go, if it really troubles you, then open world pvp is clearly not for you.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

I think it's awesome they did this, I just can't play Runescape...it hurts my eyes.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194

Good analogy.  It just depends on how many babies a hungry wolf can eat before he wants to nap.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Jagex....nope
    pvp...nope
    risk-reward ...yep
    freeform skills...nope

3-1 says i won't  bother to  look at the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I'm curious as to where you get the idea that most of the posters on this site are into open PvP, let alone what appears to be a gank fest game.

• cobaltshadowcobaltshadow Member UncommonPosts: 40
    i returned to runescape to play darkscape after 7 years absence.
    And despite runescape feeling outdated and clunky, I'm having a blast and see myself playing for quite some time.

It's really great that theres no cash shop and all member content is free.

Also.. Yeah.. it just launched, ofcourse you're going to get killed at spawn.
    It's already got a lot less worse actually, so give it another go, if it really troubles you, then open world pvp is clearly not for you.
    If by open world pvp you mean that camping lvl 1 spawn areas is skill play, you obviously need to play a game where only people entering a tutorial is where you can excel in  open world pvp.  This is no different then spawn camping fps/tps games, its bad manners, and shows a distinct lack of player ability.

Cobaltshadow

• "The face of tomorrow is forged from the broken mask's of yesterday."
  • anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Torval said:
    Open PvP in this kind of game = dealbreaker.

The free + cash shop payment option sucks. The client is limited in size and can't be made fullscreen without a monthly rental fee. Huge dealbreaker.

Eldevin and a couple other games are actually more interesting options.

There is three good reasons.
    The client size and fullscreen comment are actually false as they just flag everyone as members on this version of the game and give everyone the abilities that members have including doing members quests, skills, and full screening just because they're playing full loot pvp.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I think Runescape had to be the worst community I ever saw....WoW was a distant second.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Full loot FFA PVP is why i won't even get anywhere near this game. I know what kind of players games like these attract.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    I seem to remember it taking a year as a "kid" to get anywhere.   Even with 2.5 times growth I imagine that would take even longer as "not a kid"...

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    nullBolt said:
    Link

Seriously, open world PvP all the time, ...

Probably this right here for starters. I don't mind pvp, but I'm not into griefing or being griefed, which tends to happen in this type of environment.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Never played Runescape....so why would I play Runescape griefmode?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."