Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warrior Training Insanity

TrogdornTrogdorn Member UncommonPosts: 18

Either I'm really stupid or this game is intentionally messing with me. I ask NPC's about warrior training.. I have 7 skill points. Some send me to the warmaster at the shrine in Green Hills County - He sends me to Duke Barradin at his estates (not so easy to find since the warmaster says go north and you can't) and then the Duke says to go back to the warmaster for training????? What gives???

Second question, when should you leave pre and go to the acadamy, at what level, with how much money and with what gear?

Thanks for all the help - this forum is head and shoulders above the WoW forums.

Comments

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Did you go into Green Hills County and defeat Agnar the Foot and returned to Duke Barradin for your reward? If so, then that's all the skills you will get for the Warrior class in the tutorial part.

To leave, you need to be:

- level 2
    - have chosen a second class

You can, btw, get skills through quests for the second class as well.

However, being level 2 only after the tutorial part will be tough. I would aim for level 5-7, which you easily get by doing some additional quests in the tutorial part. Money isn't a big issue and neither is gear. You can still manage a bit with the old newbie gear and by the time you start needing gear, you can buy/craft it outside the tutorial part. The game really isn't designed to require to kill mobs just for killing them for loot or XP. If you play the game normally and do some quests, you'll get things/levels more or less around the time you actually need them.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

By the time you leave pre-searing (the part you're in now) - if you complete all the quests there, you should be around level 7 or 8 and should have amassed about 1k in gold, which is more than enough to get your first armor post-searing in Ascalon City. Get the level 30 stuff from Corwen...costs more but will last you longer into the game (mine lasts all the way to the Crystal Desert).

Since this is your first character, I highly recommend you explore the tutorial (pre-searing) completely. It will teach you most everything you need to know to play and enjoy the rest of the game.

Good luck.

• ElkariElkari Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by Serling

By the time you leave pre-searing (the part you're in now) - if you complete all the quests there, you should be around level 7 or 8 ...

I agree with Serling about what level you should be at when you go to post-searing part of the game.  It is nearly impossible to level higher than 8 in Pre anyway.  You will notice that as you gain levels, your XP decreases for the low level monsters.  It gets to a point where there are only four or five monsters south of the wall that can gain you experience.  Fighting the monsters north of the wall with only one companion never got me very far.  Those shamen are very tough. image
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

lol dude are u for real? if u cant work that out u might as well not play!

guild wars is a very "brainy game" if u think about it.. its not as easy as wow