Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the Oddjob/Jaws syndrome

digrizdigriz Member Posts: 254

Erm, as i no longer play, i wonder if SWG fixed this exploit (ROFLMFAO)(omg, i was really being serious until i realised what i said) But anyway: when the NGE took over, targeting and clicking on your opponent became the way to fight as opposed to the tab and lock style i loved so much.
So, issue being: tiny Bothan v's a great f***-off wookie, obviously the smaller the character the harder to hit. Surely a massive advantage.
Did this get fixed or are there now hundreds of bothan noob jedis pwning the hell out of anything that doesnt get carded at the local cantina?image

Comments

• DrumwizDrumwiz Member Posts: 217
    Wtf are you trying to say, i can't understand you. But if you asking if the came is still a pile of S hit, then yes it still is.
  • digrizdigriz Member Posts: 254

Originally posted by Drumwiz
    Wtf are you trying to say, i can't understand you. But if you asking if the came is still a pile of S hit, then yes it still is.

Well, what i'm asking is... y'know i really can't be bothered explaining. Bored now.
  • KaalinnKaalinn Member UncommonPosts: 121

What he means is: Smaller characters (i.e. smaller models) are hard to target/click, because they're small (and most of the time moving), while there's huge wookiees with rather un-camouflaging fur that are much easier targetted. He wants to know if they somehow "fixed" that. (I'm guessing he's thinking of a target box or somewhat) Though this isnt only a problem in SWG, another example would be DAoC (giving this as example so ppl might recognise what he menas better), where you had Kobolds hiding behind Trolls, or Luwee's (Lurikeens) hiding behind Firbolgs, which they could because of their small stature, while Albions Avalonians were... well, mostly dead on the ground.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278
    Damn Goldeneye was a fine game. A fine FPS. One of the best. It's really too bad people are using that classic tactic in an MMORPG. I always felt it was cheap. DAMN YOU SWG!!!
  • RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

The targetting boxes are the same for all species, with exception of double-bladed LS, which does indeed increase target box.

So jedi with db LS has 2x the target box.

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893

oddjob could never dodge the rocket attack.

RPC-90

ahh the golden days of Bond on Nintendo64

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Originally posted by Wakizashi

oddjob could never dodge the rocket attack.

RPC-90

ahh the golden days of Bond on Nintendo64

So true my friend, so true. And make that duel RPC-90s image