Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Official Aftermath Open Beta Trailer!

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Official Aftermath Open Beta Trailer!

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400
    The WarZ? AGAIN?
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Wow that looks like Quake 1

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    TheJoda said:
    That is quite an insult.

To Quake.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yep, the developer of War Z and Infestation broke off from the publisher and they're making this with the help of George Romero's son. It's... interesting, to say the least. @MikeB did a walkthrough with them and we'll let you know what we thought next week.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    That looks pretty terrible.
  • gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Kilmaul said:
    I'm not one to be negative usually but......yeah....it's pretty bad. If plays like how it looks, I"ll just keep playing 7 Days to Die.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    No good cam come of this...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    edited September 2015
    When are they going to make a Michael Jackson Thriller MMO Moba FPS Zombie shooter Dance Dance Revolution online lobby game ?? that would be fun idea
  • xevier77xevier77 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Wow, yet another Ass-pocolypse. I say that because yet again someone says zombie survival game and has douche bags killing other douche bags with almost no zombies. Lets have a massive gun fight and no zombies show up at all. Lets wander threw a city and find a few zombies easily dispatched with guns that doesn't draw more zombies. Lets pump out a shitty game with shitty graphics and evoke some idea of something to try and make game with our bait and switch con game. I feel like these people are polluting the gene pool when they are allowed to create such trash and not immediately fired.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    TheJoda said:
    i don't think you played quake 1 ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Looks like it was developed the same year as Quake, and put in a time capsule to be launched in 2015.

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Fool us once shame on you, fool us twice... I know you HAVE to cover this MMORPG.com, but I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• JemmytJemmyt Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Grimula said:
    When are they going to make a Michael Jackson Thriller MMO Moba FPS Zombie shooter Dance Dance Revolution online lobby game ?? that would be fun idea
    You mean, this one ? 
  • Dragon43591Dragon43591 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    i dont feel like playing another zombie game they have become boring.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Perfect game for hackers/cheaters.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Dullahan said:
    Looks like it was developed the same year as Quake, and put in a time capsule to be launched in 2015.
    I know your over exaggerating but quake is much more primitive than this. It's much more similar to Ghost Recon (2001) which is still 14 years ago.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Tried it twice,froze my computer badly both times ../sigh.

I know i know ,quit yelling at me...it's alpha beta early access whatever,yes i have heard that a million times before.

The second try i got enough game time in to get a real good feel for the game,it has Indie cheap written all over it.Reminds exactly of H1z1 not sure if there is even more than one map in this game either.I could see just like H1Z1 soem fun or intrigue/discovery for abotu a week then file it  under freeware.

UNLESS this team actually puts some continuing content into the game and adds a lot more assets ,unlike H1Z1 that put out a very slack effort after releasing it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Yep, the developer of War Z and Infestation broke off from the publisher and they're making this with the help of George Romero's son. It's... interesting, to say the least. @MikeB did a walkthrough with them and we'll let you know what we thought next week.
    It would be nice if you could get some information on what exactly Cameron Romeros contribution to this game is.  At this point it looks like the exact same game as War-Z with a little touch-up of the artwork and a new map.  I personally feel Cameron is just there to cash in on his fathers name as he has no game development experience and doesnt even work at the studio.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Half the trailer, the players and zombies were sliding instead of walking lol pretty amusing.
  • NotoriousXNotoriousX Member UncommonPosts: 197
    failed.

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
    I longed for her beauty
    Yet from dust, she returned
    The dream, an enigma.... silent

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    For comparison, here is a zombie killing game from seven years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVIdHPG0wYI

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• CrimsonFalkonCrimsonFalkon Member UncommonPosts: 46
    As others have already said, I will just stick with 7DTD for my zombie survival fix. So far all others pale in comparison anyway.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2015
    gave it yet a third try,luckily no crashes.I think i made sure to have my antivirus turned off. It really lacks anything and everything.

I wanted to see the crafting and it is just bad.You need recipes,even if you have the mats you can't craft without the recipe.Recipes are very rare to find.

It is because the recipes are so rare that the storage space is also not enough.By time you actually find a recipe,there is a good chance you won't have the mats.There is no system to sell any crafts or items basically a single player game pretending to be a mmo.I assume the ONLY reason to group is for pvp purposes.

Tier 3 is the baggage/backpack of choice and just storing the reduced mats leaves you with literally no space.

loot boxes are a lol joke.You have to first find one then you have to buy a cash shop key to open it lol. Now obviously have not opened one but it is a crap shoot on the contents.I will assume judging by the possible loot that you will get some good loot via that cash shop key purchase.Oh did i mention no space for storing anything,so good luck with that loot box.Since i have not seen hide nor hare of any larger backpacks they are likely sold in the cash shop loot boxes.

That cash shop key is actually a nicely designed scam because unlike most cash shops where you can choose your purchase,this one lures people into buying lots of keys in hopes of getting what they want.

This game is a HUGE rush job because there are so few assets designed for the game.You get the few basic small towns then the outposts use the same assets,a trailer or tent or both.imo this should not be selling anything because it is not good enough to warrant any money spent on it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Rhoklaw said:
    gieger808 said:
    Kilmaul said:
    I'm not one to be negative usually but......yeah....it's pretty bad. If plays like how it looks, I"ll just keep playing 7 Days to Die.
    Yes, I have to agree that you won't find anything better than 7DTD for a Zombie Survival Game, but Ark: Survival Evolved is of course THEE King of Survival games.
    Amen brother. I would tell everyone to avoid giving these guys money. They remind me of Darkfall with the name changing and remaking to resell the game to more people who don't realize they've been unsuccessful with the game twice already.