Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

on a scale of 1-10, hypemeter

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
stopped following this game's progress.  hows the hype meter?  has it reached wow-killer status?  we looking at the next MMO Hindenberg?

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• mmogamerlovermmogamerlover Member CommonPosts: 7
    eleventy-seven
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    lol at wow killer status. You do have some seriously silly hype going on there.

Hyping games is a recipe for disappointment. Forget about the game then get to it after it launches. You wont feel bad if it turns to be a 180 of what you wanted.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    WoW is killing itself plenty well enough as it is.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Scale of 1 to 10, a 3
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Anything more than 6 months out isn't on my radar at all, unless I know the devs or have some specific interest in hoping to see the game do well.  So for now that's Project Gorgon, Repop, and CU.  And even those are not ZOMG I've gotta play it.

I like the MMO-Hindenberg term.  :)  I realize it's not entirely accurate, but perhaps disaster is in the eye of the beholder.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    edited September 2015
    They just released this update video which follows progress over a stretch of time with it getting to the current state of combat around the ~18 min mark with some PVP gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsWcAjQ2pow

First group of folks will begin testing and the first streamer went live today (No NDA):

http://www.twitch.tv/jumboperson/v/14129483

If you liked the initial concept, for the most part they kept it going and or made more sense of what the plan is.

As a backer I'm still excited to see it develop and get my hands on it, but it has a ways to go and like all games, really won't know until a ton of people are playing near or after release to get a full picture.

I'd say it has an above average chance of actually coming out better than expected. Unlike some of the other similar projects, I can see CF appealing to a wider audience beyond just the initial backer crowd or die hard fans. Smart blending a lot of what is hot right now, using tech of tomorrow, while throwing us older gamers some things that aren't available or done well in most modern games.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I really think this game will be great. solid 8.5/10
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I'm starting to hype upcoming releases differently now. I'm not thinking of it from a success standpoint. I'm looking at each game as the Titantic - Will there be enough life boats to save the people on board.

Crowfall and every future release that anyone has heard of, is already at this stage.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited September 2015
    Coated said:
    I'm starting to hype upcoming releases differently now. I'm not thinking of it from a success standpoint. I'm looking at each game as the Titantic - Will there be enough life boats to save the people on board.

Crowfall and every future release that anyone has heard of, is already at this stage.
    I think people need to change their idea of what gaming is and what successful games look like. Gone are the days any game is going to sell as much as Destiny, Wow, ESO, GW2. It's not going to happen like that anymore. Developers in the West especially are all doing their own things with low budgets and small teams. Except maybe Star Citizen and Eq Next.

I wish it wasn't this way, and I miss looking forward to AAA MMOs, but oh well. This game is shaping up nicely.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    ok see you guys in 6 months and ill get another hype update.  I can't follow these games anymore.  I get all hyped up and then deflated when the game is out for a month and everyone leaves

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Is this game one of those kick starter cash grab games that never actually get released ?
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Grailer said:
    Is this game one of those kick starter cash grab games that never actually get released ?
    I doubt it. Many of us are already in testing. There are plenty of streams/videos available if you want to check it out, as there is no NDA. The environments are all graybox right now. These tests are to test combat, so they didn't waste time/money adding textures to the environment.

Artcraft is more organized and professional than any game company I've ever seen. They clearly have a plan and the ability to execute it. There has been no scope creep on the stretch goals, unlike SC. Their target for launch is Dec 2016. They may not hit it, but I doubt they will be far off from it.

This game will absolutely be made. 
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    I'd say an 8.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Nanfoodle said:
    Scale of 1 to 10, a 3
    I agree with this rating. It will rise as it gets closer to release date.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    edited September 2015
    I watched some videos and even with the textures missing the combat looks pretty bad.

Rate it a 3.5/10 so far

But it appears to be improving so the finished game hopefully will be 8+
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    I think the hype is growing because the faith in EQN is dwindling. Crowfall, conceptually, is just as promising only it's not for non-pvp carebears.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I give 1