Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TheHiveLeader

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageTheHiveLeader

Wildstar is going Free-to-Play on September 29th! To get you ready, TheHiveLeader is here with some (un)helpful tips for new players! So let

Read the full story here

Comments

• judejtngjudejtng Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Love ya Hiveleader!
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    bwahahaha..hilarious hive...nicely done as always. Ohh but one thing, ESO is not free2play, it is buy2play, no access if we don't shell out some cash.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    DMKano said:
    If I could get over my dislike for overabundance of telegraphed attacks, I'd play this. I mean a telegraph here and there is tolerable, but WS goes way over my tolerance level for them.
    You can actually tweak them a lot in the options. They're not necessary, except maybe in dungeons. So I'd suggest giving it a shot.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    bwahahaha..hilarious hive...nicely done as always. Ohh but one thing, ESO is not free2play, it is buy2play, no access if we don't shell out some cash.
    This is true... With the ESO thing I was going for more of a "The subscription model didn't really work for us" joke. But you are correct :-)
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    LOL. Great as always Hive.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    DMKano said:
    BillMurphy said: 
    DMKano said:
    If I could get over my dislike for overabundance of telegraphed attacks, I'd play this. I mean a telegraph here and there is tolerable, but WS goes way over my tolerance level for them.
    You can actually tweak them a lot in the options. They're not necessary, except maybe in dungeons. So I'd suggest giving it a shot.

I'll give it a shot, they've also changed the intro right - do in have to do those inside the ship missions?

Not at all. Just pick "veteran" at character create. However, they've put in some really cool story bits and streamlined the ship and even "movement" tutorial if you do the Novice route. Worth doing if you like lore.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    DMKano said:
    BillMurphy said: 
    DMKano said:

I'll give it a shot, they've also changed the intro right - do in have to do those inside the ship missions?

Not at all. Just pick "veteran" at character create. However, they've put in some really cool story bits and streamlined the ship and even "movement" tutorial if you do the Novice route. Worth doing if you like lore.
    Just skip the intro and get to the game. :-P I will say that I actively compared the beta f2p client to the current live version of the game... the beta feels WAY better.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    edited September 2015
    Just when I thought your vids couldn't get any more fun. You proved me wrong. Again...
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Tip number 4, Cardio. Haha, I couldn't stop thinking about Zombieland for the rest of the video.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    edited September 2015
    DMKano said:
    Over the top yes. Can folks move out of them still? NO!

You can place traffic signals with a Traffic Cop telling you when to go and stop, some folks are still going to be so bad.

"hey, didn't heal me and you let me die!" (Nerd Range)

Red Shit is bad bro, so, fucking move.
    Post edited by StoneRoses on
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    This is true... With the ESO thing I was going for more of a "The subscription model didn't really work for us" joke. But you are correct :-)
    I did get the joke but it kinda felt off looking at ESO name.....

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    just curious if they made this game more casual or is it still just for the hardcore? would like to try it
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited September 2015
    DMKano said:
    i actually thought like that too... before i played wildstar ^^ but if you are seriously, just disable em ^^ (or tune em down)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    love how ya make fun of the fact that mmo players bitch a lot, lol
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Could care less about playing Wild Star. I watched because TheHiveLeader cracks me up. Good job as usual! /salute
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    DMKano said:
    What would this do? Does it turn them off or something. You would just die more if you can't see them right?
    Hariken said:
    DMKano said:
    What would this do? Does it turn them off or something. You would just die more if you can't see them right?
    I would love to see the stream for this. Especially for those who hate telegraphs. Be a PRO die like a PRO!

Please keep us posted!
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I guess i would rather see it coming and get out of the way.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Awesome as always!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    LMAO, is it just me or does the HiveLeader get better and better with each video? "Its like prostitution, only legal" LMAO
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2015
    Great review. I think I did flipping more then anything else also. :-) As a matter of fact flipping should generate some kind of bonus. :-)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Great review. I think I did flipping more then anything else also. :-) As a matter of fact flipping should generate some kind of bonus. :-)
    There are Jump events you can do that encourages it.
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Great video as always from HiveLeader, but... it doesnt make the game any better.. :)
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    DMKano said:

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Its between you and total biscuit for funny reviews....scrub that...totally you Hive :)
    Perennially extricating the extraneous