Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is it people cannot discuss games especially mmorpgs but can discuss politics.

13»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited September 2015
    Realizer said:
    What is there for him to debate here? You're baiting him into a continuation of his GW2 P2W comments, he wants no part of it, and you're claiming he's the one baiting, hilarious.
     Because it's the same situation here, he obviously doesn't know how politics are really handled, if he thinks politics work like reddit he's misinformed. Not much different from the last thread. Just pointing out an honest similarity in how he posts, with the topic at hand.  We saw his behavior in that thread, and by observation have a fair right to bring it into question with how he sees posts that contradict his views. Given that's what he asked about in his OP.  
    Lets be honest, that whole thing started because a GW2 fan isn't going to like the negative light he shined on the subject. Regardless of being right or wrong or any factor in between, the main reaction is going to be from the accusation against GW2. Would you deny this?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    edited September 2015
    Distopia said:
    Realizer said:
    What is there for him to debate here? You're baiting him into a continuation of his GW2 P2W comments, he wants no part of it, and you're claiming he's the one baiting, hilarious.
     Because it's the same situation here, he obviously doesn't know how politics are really handled, if he thinks politics work like reddit he's misinformed. Not much different from the last thread. Just pointing out an honest similarity in how he posts, with the topic at hand.  We saw his behavior in that thread, and by observation have a fair right to bring it into question with how he sees posts that contradict his views. Given that's what he asked about in his OP.  
    Lets be honest, that whole thing started because a GW2 fan isn't going to like the negative light he shined on the subject. Regardless of being right or wrong or any factor in between, the main reaction is going to be from the sleight against GW2. Would you deny this?
     Yes, as it would stand whether the game were any in it's place. If you base an opinion off an assumption, and call it a fact, the same thing would've happened.  As it stands here, some guy gets flamed often for whatever reason, and therefore thinks that somehow politics is more civilized, while wars happen. I'd say that's probably a person who lacks life experience. 
    edited September 2015
    Realizer said:
    Distopia said:
    Realizer said:
    Lets be honest, that whole thing started because a GW2 fan isn't going to like the negative light he shined on the subject. Regardless of being right or wrong or any factor in between, the main reaction is going to be from the sleight against GW2. Would you deny this?
     Yes, as it would stand whether the game were any in it's place. If you base an opinion off an assumption, and call it a fact, the same thing would've happened.  As it stands here, some guy gets flamed often for whatever reason, and therefore thinks that somehow politics is more civilized, while wars happen. I'd say that's probably a person who lacks life experience. 
    Make no mistake I find the comparison to politics hilarious because most political conversations across party lines are highly toxic. It's really no different than what happens between fans and non-fans in gaming or sports, as it's all related to team based rhetoric. Hence my point above about fans taking offense to the accusation regardless of it being true or false or some where in between.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Realizer said:
    Distopia said:
    Realizer said:
    Have to agree on this point. Someone who claims that politics discussions are somehow more civilized than gaming discussions, yet in the same breath admitting that they don't frequent any sites other than gaming sites, really, has very little perspective. What's next? Will he want to debate whether gaming is more inflammatory than religion? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:

Have to agree on this point. Someone who claims that politics discussions are somehow more civilized than gaming discussions, yet in the same breath admitting that they don't frequent any sites other than gaming sites, really, has very little perspective. What's next? Will he want to debate whether gaming is more inflammatory than religion? 
    I don't disagree on that point either, yet if you do know how political rhetoric usually works, and you're active enough on gaming forums to see how rhetoric as well as lines are typical drawn, then you know there is little difference.

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Distopia said:
    Realizer said:
    Distopia said:
    Realizer said:
    Make no mistake I find the comparison to politics hilarious because most political conversations across party lines are highly toxic. It's really no different than what happens between fans and non-fans in gaming or sports, as it's all related to team based rhetoric. Hence my point above about fans taking offense to the accusation regardless of it being true or false or some where in between.
     I just like to call it how I've seen it, I prefer not to sugar coat when someone is asking a serious question. In this case, I felt obligated to find out whether the OP simply had this skewed viewpoint based solely on his personal experience, which it seemed it was, or based on some actual fact. That's why I posed the question.  Though he went on to prove my point that he couldn't handle the hard questions, even when they were valid. 

The point of this is, every time the op has some random thought pop up in his head he doesn't need to assign blame, and make a thread about it. Especially when it's just a thread that's going to end up stirring the pot, so to speak. 
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    Sports fan mentality. Look it up.

Some forum posters love to gang up on devs, and create us vs. them arguments, often painting a picture of innocent players and evil devs in the process.
    Of course "everyone" knows devs stay up late at night thinking of ways to spoil our fun.
    And consumers usuallly take the bait, hook and all. Consumers used to be much more intelligent and notice these bait tactics, unfortunately these days consumers are very easy to hook. We will never get quality if consumers keep taking it all hook, line and sinker. 

It used to be called buyer beware, now that term doesn't even exist, now it's consumer buys everything cries like a baby that they knowingly bought crap and everyone laughs.
This discussion has been closed.