Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions on security key and resubbing, got an odd problem

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
My plan was to come back to SWTOR when the KOTFE expansion hits. So far so good.
But I have a problem and can't even play as "preferred"(F2P) at the moment, had the security key app on my phone, recently did a phone OS update and the key app kept crashing instantly. Just opened and closed.
Updated the key app, and now it asks for credentials again. Well bad luck because to log into my account to get the credentials, I need the damn key. And  as F2P player you can't contact EA's customer support. Ha.
Does the key still give 100cc per month by the way?

Comments

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    edited September 2015
    DocBrody said:
    My plan was to come back to SWTOR when the KOTFE expansion hits. So far so good.
    But I have a problem and can't even play as "preferred"(F2P) at the moment, had the security key app on my phone, recently did a phone OS update and the key app kept crashing instantly. Just opened and closed.
    Updated the key app, and now it asks for credentials again. Well bad luck because to log into my account to get the credentials, I need the damn key. And  as F2P player you can't contact EA's customer support. Ha.
    Does the key still give 100cc per month by the way?
    Yes, the key still gives 100cc per month. Also, read the paste below, specifically, the part in bold.

I lost my Security Key. How can I remove it from my account?

If you have misplaced your Security Key or if it has stopped working for some reason, please follow the steps below to remove it from your account:
     Go to our website www.swtor.com and try to log in to your account. Enter your display name and your password as requested, and click on the Log in button.

As your account has a Security Key associated with it, you will prompted to enter your Security Key Code. You will see a “Lost your Security Key?” link below the code entry box, please click on it.

Next, you will be taken to a screen which will give you instructions on how to remove your Security Key. Once you have read through them, please click on the “Request One-Time Password” button.
     Our system will send an email containing a One-Time Password to your SWTOR account’s registered email address. If you can’t find this mail in your inbox after a few minutes, please check your spam/junk folders in case your email client incorrectly identified the email as spam.
     When you have the mail, copy/paste or type the One-Time Password exactly as it appears in the email into the field requesting it in your browser.
     Once the system has confirmed that the One-Time Password you entered is correct, you will be asked to confirm the removal of your Security Key.
     If you do this, an on-screen message will let you know that the Security Key has been successfully removed from your account.
     After following these steps, you will only need to use your display name and your password (and sometimes a One-Time Password) to log into the game and the website in the future.

On a side note, it doesn't matter if you sub, or are F2P...you can call their support number at any time to have the key removed

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    that's great info. Thought I might be locked out of my account forever. Will try that, thank you
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    Awesome assistance indeed doodphace.  Hope it works out for you DocBrody.  I'm currently subbed till KotFE is introduced then I'll decide to resub or not.  I was subbing over the last 3-4 months just for benevolent 12x storyline mission exp boost.  I too have the security key & it does still add 100 CC per month.  SWTOR is a good game & I'm glad they're adding more storyline content.  I really enjoyed all 8 of the storylines; of course some were better than others.