Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And so it began ... RU CBT2.

Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

According to the latest news 70 000 players will be taking part in CBT2.

There was a small patch (30MB) befor the CBT2  that added an error about corrupted files. Have to run a recovery to fix it. The launcher will check the files ( take 10-20 min ) and let you download the needed files at the end.

CBT2 is for checking stability and load of the Server and Channels - so expect some queues at the start.

Have fun playing.

Comments

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    I got in this morning....to early to tell if I will like the game or not.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    DMKano said:
    Ikifales said:

It's a very polarizing game - most either like it a lot or dislike it a lot. 

I loved korean CBT2 before open PvP restrictions. The current PvE centric iteration feels so mediocre to me. The PvE in Black Desert is really not that good, PvP feels a lot better. Should have made it a PvP game from the start like Originally planned.

After recently playing Bless - BD feels old already especially in PvE.
    Can you make a thread telling us a bit about your experience playing Bless if you get the time?
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Only thing I can comment on so far is the starting area is way too much hand holding and it already feels too much like a theme-park. But I am hoping it will change as I progress. I also don't like the class/gender restrictions etc...feels way to restrictive. I am undecided on the combat but the UI is already irritating me. It is making me appreciate AA a lot more though :)
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

Sad news from the paradise:

RU CBT came with a sneak P2W upgrade: Number of Energy points used in crafting has been significantly increased, to a point where some players say there is no point in doing crafting with out buying cash shop potions to boost the Energy points regeneration.

Energy points in Black Desert are like Labor points in Acheage only in BD they are used for everything, including some quest turn ins, NPC's reputation etc. and they can only be generated while you play the game.

This is like the biggest stab in the back from Korean Developers of Black Desert since Archeage Labor points experience.

In a podcast interview with RU Gamenet  yesterday, when they question was raised -  "this change was pushed on RU CBT by the Korean Devs. in order to balance in game economy". 

The reaction on this change from RU minor-vocal community was negative, mostly, to a point where players were saying they would quit the game if this change go to OBT.

I think this kind of changes are never good considering how close the release is. I have a bad feeling this isn't the last sneak change that will come the closer we are to OBT.

Some good news for players that will pick a P2P server: Cash shop Eneregy Regeneration potions that you can see today in Korea, will be sold only by NPC's on RU P2P server.

That's one P2W bullet dodged.

• leon09leon09 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited September 2015
    Jonas_SG said:

RU CBT came with a sneak P2W upgrade: Number of Energy points used in crafting has been significantly increased, to a point where some players say there is no point in doing crafting with out buying cash shop potions to boost the Energy points regeneration.

Is the RU version using the CN energy system or something? Because the KR version isn't like that (or wasn't up to the point i stopped playing - which was just before the mega server merges).

Crafting didn't use your energy points.. it uses worker energy because its only your workers that can do crafting for you (cooking and alchemy only professions you craft yourself and use no energy to do so). And it is easy to keep their energy up and never use your characters energy by simply crafting lots of beers and higher your cooking the cheaper/easier to keep the energy up. 

I had 30+ workers working all the time using energy with just 2 potato farms with a wheat farm as backup when needed, rest of the mats are cheap from npc.

Energy system in the KR version was super fair and never was i close to needing buy the potion from the cash shop nor anyone in the guild i played with.

Energy regens (for free) offline and alts!, x2 when sleeping in a bed or x3 in a cash shop bed and quests/dailies gives energy. This doesn't even come close to the nightmare i found energy in the little i played AA but ive not played the RU version so maybe they have changed alot from the KR.

Energy was used for

Gathering - (only used for quicker/rare mats  or guild gather missions) as you can have farms for everything and have your workings gather mats for free long as you have the contribution.

Gardening - for making own top quality trade packs, only area i noticed my energy budge apart from guild missions.

Knowledge - (as you said for some quests) but this is a one time deal, after you got it, it is account bound for all characters (alts do alot of quests alot faster because of this and give alot of free contribution xp).

Fishing - because fishing is a form of the trade system and can earn a decent amount of currency (if you like that boredom hehe).

Hire new workers - cost a little energy to roll the RNG wheel on the grade of worker, but basic is low amount.

Upgrade Nodes - increased drop rate in the node area (possibly one of the only few area's the energy potion could be considered p2w, but no idea how much the increase is, cant say i noticed any change myself)

Maybe a few other things ive forgotten about.. it has been a few months since i stopped playing, but as i said energy was never a problem for me, so seeing the energy potion being classed as p2w aspect is a shocker to me and crafting definitely didn't use energy and was a much more pleasing experience over AA which killed crafting at the first step for me, gathering. In BDO you even increase your energy pool by simply exploring and talking to npc, your max energy pool is given to all your alts but not linked so each has their own, so if you do need more, just log on your alt.

So when you say energy points increase for crafting, what does this mean exactly? Character or worker energy? Does this just mean your workers need more beer? if so, that just makes cooking alot more important instead of like alot did and buy cheap beer of the AH because keeping up worker energy was cheap.

Character Energy. If you want to craft anything in the game out of what you or your worker gatherd, you have to use your character Energy points to make each crafting meterial.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Jonas_SG said:

Energy points in Black Desert are like Labor points in Acheage only in BD they are used for everything, including some quest turn ins, NPC's reputation etc. and they can only be generated while you play the game.

This is like the biggest stab in the back from Korean Developers of Black Desert since Archeage Labor points experience.

In a podcast interview with RU Gamenet  yesterday, when they question was raised -  "this change was pushed on RU CBT by the Korean Devs. in order to balance in game economy". 

The reaction on this change from RU minor-vocal community was negative, mostly, to a point where players were saying they would quit the game if this change go to OBT.

I think this kind of changes are never good considering how close the release is. I have a bad feeling this isn't the last sneak change that will come the closer we are to OBT.

Thanks for saving me the many hours it would of took me to download it. =)
    Jonas_SG said:

Character Energy. If you want to craft anything in the game out of what you or your worker gatherd, you have to use your character Energy points to make each crafting meterial.

Wait, do you mean 'Processing' materials costs energy? http://blackdeserttome.com/wiki/Processing

You gotta be f'ing kidding... greedy *******... yea that will ruin the game. That is used alot, so im guessing cooking and alchemy uses energy too?

Wow that is one bad publisher to ruin it like that... since Daum is publishing it here in the EU/NA i really hope they not crazy enough to do this for our version and keep it like the KR.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    DMKano said:
    leon09 said:
    Jonas_SG said:

Wait, do you mean 'Processing' materials costs energy? http://blackdeserttome.com/wiki/Processing

You gotta be f'ing kidding... greedy *******... yea that will ruin the game. That is used alot, so im guessing cooking and alchemy uses energy too?

Wow that is one bad publisher to ruin it like that... since Daum is publishing it here in the EU/NA i really hope they not crazy enough to do this for our version and keep it like the KR.

I am confused - Pearl Abyass pushed this change to match current Korean servers as character energy is used like this in Korea too.

So Daum supports this in Korea I am not so sure that they will want to change this for EU/NA since all regions now use character energy. 

I believe he is part of the same crowd that believes Trion destroyed AA with labor points and pay2win cash shop. They have no idea about the game they are talking about, who is the publisher, who is developer, what kind of feature the game has, just name it, they have no idea but they talk like they know everything and they know who is to blame if the game doesn't fulfill their expectation.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• minideedminideed Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited September 2015
    Wow, another ArcheAge on the horizon and like AA it will eventually turn to shit. Any Korean game published in the west will no doubt have a P2W cash shop, it's the only way publishers can make any money here since P2P does not seem to work anymore.

No thanks.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    If one has experience with many many MMORPG games, with loads of hours of testing other peoples software and have insight into development, he can see a pattern.

I for my saw, this game is not for me.

leon09 said:
    Jonas_SG said:

Yes, processing.

This changed was pushed by Koreans devs in the last minute ( a day before CBT2 Began ) with out consent with RU publishing team ( so they say ).

minideed said:
    Wow, another ArcheAge on the horizon and like AA it will eventually turn to shit. Any Korean game published in the west will no doubt have a P2W cash shop, it's the only way publishers can make any money here since P2P does not seem to work anymore.

No thanks.
    Pay2win is a term most korean or japanese gamers don't use. They are perfectly fine with buying power for money unlike in west but maybe it is because they don't have to shell out outrageous amount of money to buy stuff from cash shop. And subscription only model for AA failed miserably in both korea and japan. Pearl Abyss spent a lot of money in Black Desert and they always kept it in mind that the game will be f2p and recently in korea they added "more" pay2win option for pc cafe players, it created a bit of controversy but it did not hold much value since most of the people just went to a pc cafe and logged in their main account from there to buy those items. that is the kind of gamers they are, this situation is purely regional, far eastern gamers and developers will always follow that kind of model, gamers and developers from west will always detest that kind of model even though their own f2p model won't be any better when it comes to convenience and accessibility of players.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    It sounds though like they are testing for big numbers which is something other high profile companies and games "cough" Trion "cough" final fantasy, "cough". have been failing to do on recent releases, updates.  I won't be playing the game since its a pure F2P but what they are doing sounds smart.  Test for astronomically high numbers, and let everyone in at once to see what happens.  The old "we didn't anticipate the high level of interest" excuse for failed game launches is getting old.

Expecting high levels of interest on things your giving away for free should be expected not some shocker.
    DMKano said:

I am confused - Pearl Abyass pushed this change to match current Korean servers as character energy is used like this in Korea too.

So Daum supports this in Korea I am not so sure that they will want to change this for EU/NA since all regions now use character energy. 

They must have made that change to the Korean servers for the official launch (desert zone / mega server release) if they have at all... as i stopped playing a little bit for that and it definitely wasn't like that in open beta.

That is sad... a lot less excited for EU launch now if true.

Side note: do you have any links to show this change was made in KR? Im not finding anything and a change like that would have made big talks around the internet... nothing on reddit or blackdesertforums.
    edited September 2015
    goboygo said:
    It sounds though like they are testing for big numbers which is something other high profile companies and games "cough" Trion "cough" final fantasy, "cough". have been failing to do on recent releases, updates.  I won't be playing the game since its a pure F2P but what they are doing sounds smart.  Test for astronomically high numbers, and let everyone in at once to see what happens.  The old "we didn't anticipate the high level of interest" excuse for failed game launches is getting old.

Expecting high levels of interest on things your giving away for free should be expected not some shocker.
    That will still happen because the number of players login on 1st minute of launch day is about thousand times more than the number of players try to login everyday during beta phase, even if they are allowing everyone to enter, on launch day they will still suffer the same shit. One thing any publisher/developer can do is tell players "we are expecting all of you to login at XX time, all at once, we are testing stress on login server when so many people want to login". Allowing all kind of players for beta test is the 1st step to it but i am not sure they would go for some exclusive test like this.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    I play on the Korean server, and over there they have have something called energy, which acts like labour points, but it's set up in a far less obtrusive way than AA went about it. It costs energy to gather things by hand, but it's possible to increase your energy cap to the point where you'd be gathering for a very very long time before it'd run out, and then as far as the rest of the crafting goes, at the moment, nothing else takes energy, so you're not having to try and plan it out and split it up between different parts of crafting. You can also lay down to restore energy and you get it back pretty quickly, so I am never really annoyed by it.

This Russian version scares me... :( 
    Kumapon said:
    I play on the Korean server, and over there they have have something called energy, which acts like labour points, but it's set up in a far less obtrusive way than AA went about it. It costs energy to gather things by hand, but it's possible to increase your energy cap to the point where you'd be gathering for a very very long time before it'd run out, and then as far as the rest of the crafting goes, at the moment, nothing else takes energy, so you're not having to try and plan it out and split it up between different parts of crafting. You can also lay down to restore energy and you get it back pretty quickly, so I am never really annoyed by it.

This Russian version scares me... :( 
    So the Korean server still dosn't use energy for 'processing' professions materials right? Nothing changed when it went official from open beta?
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    It sounds like the Koreans are going the micro-transaction monetization method: make every little action cost something, and then sell that something for cash. First AA and now this game, I bet this is becoming the common business plan in Korea.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    If they want another Archeage then so be it.

It will crash and burn and they dont even have to open up more then 3 servers as Archeage already showed that people arent looking for these types of mmo's in the west.

They want another credit cardu mmo and we already have Archeage for that.

I hope they reconsider this, but boy once the flames of greed are inside the armchair bosses its a deal where they wont back off from.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    DMKano said:
    Ikifales said:

It's a very polarizing game - most either like it a lot or dislike it a lot. 

I loved korean CBT2 before open PvP restrictions. The current PvE centric iteration feels so mediocre to me. The PvE in Black Desert is really not that good, PvP feels a lot better. Should have made it a PvP game from the start like Originally planned.

After recently playing Bless - BD feels old already especially in PvE.

Pretty much this. It's unfortunate, basic glorified "wife" simulator as some say. Could of been great if they stuck to their guns.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    "The PVE sucks"

From what I can tell, BDO has the best solo PVE I've played in an MMO.  I'm looking forward to a decent translation so I can enjoy the tons of NPC dialogue.

I had a (rare) kill 50 whatever quest and I didn't even mind it.  The combat system and the fact that you can fight many mobs as any class makes it fun.

At this point I really would not mind a solo-oriented game in a lush world with amazing graphics and a steller combat system.

I have games like SMITE if I want to PVP.  

"If they want another Archeage then so be it."

The vocal minority (basically DM Kano) is complaining constantly that this game is not enough like Archeage.