Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it really "War" Craft?

Civilized PVP
- PVP is heavily controlled, restricted and limited.
- Most PVP takes place in "instances".
- When you die in PVP you don't drop any of your gold or items.
- You cannot message your enemies (removing any RPG element).
- Big red name tags over your head so enemy players can you see you in case you try to setup an ambush.
- Your friends are chosen for you.
- Your team is chosen for you.

Barbaric War Like PVP, real WAR
- PVP is NOT controlled, restricted or limited at all, as everyone has free will.
- PVP takes place anywhere, anytime against anyone you please.
- Remove all NPC guards. Players/guilds can occupy and take over a town by mere prescense alone (aka Darktide).
- Absolutely no instances of any kind so no player can hide.
- Dieing in PVP means you lose any cash you had on your character and you drop some or all of your items.
- You can message anyone you please including your enemies.
- There are no big red name tags over your head so you can ambush your enemies.
- You choose your friends. So if a player hasn't killed you yet he might become your friend.
- You choose your team. IF you want your guild to destroy everyone so be it.

So which does World of "War"craft fit under?

*spit*

BurningPain

Comments

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

You clearly have a strong case for false advertising. I implore to run, not walk, to the closest attorney!

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• IcoGames, man just answer the guy with a clear answer, what you said has nothing to do with the topic or the content of it.

as for WoW it's PVP system is very lame, it's another type of grind, and it has no real reward and whatsoever, only people with no life, or very little life will be the top, MAN even the the top is limited, you can't go above someone unless that guy stop PVPing for sometime, and i mean sometime, a week or two.

so WoW fits in the first category you mentioned. but still i don't prefere losing items when dieing, losing money is fine as long as there's a bank.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by ob1sr

IcoGames, man just answer the guy with a clear answer, what you said has nothing to do with the topic or the content of it.
    as for WoW it's PVP system is very lame, it's another type of grind, and it has no real reward and whatsoever, only people with no life, or very little life will be the top, MAN even the the top is limited, you can't go above someone unless that guy stop PVPing for sometime, and i mean sometime, a week or two.
    so WoW fits in the first category you mentioned. but still i don't prefere losing items when dieing, losing money is fine as long as there's a bank.

........He already knows the answer!

• croyalcroyal Member Posts: 136

IcoGames, man just answer the guy with a clear answer, what you said has nothing to do with the topic or the content of it.

i know epics by pvping. no reward there rightimage? and who ever plays the most will be the top..i really dont see how that can be a surpise.

im not over powered! look it took me 10 minutes to kill that guy

• ChouChou Member Posts: 3

I don't see how the PvP system is lame. It may not have any reward for you, but some people enjoy having honor and receiving the items that you can obtain only through PvP. Sure, it is hard work to gain ranks, but would it be as fun if it was easily obtainable?

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

yeah i agree with ya that its carebarish.. it has too much pvp restrictions which it shouldnt at all

the only thing though... horde vs alliance should stay the same as in u cant attack ur own side man

If for a moment I remotely thought this was a serious post, I would've replied in-kind.

However, to at least comment on your statements ...

You make it a grind. Absolutely you can spend your days in Battlegrounds doing nothing but CP farming for rank and rewards. I know a few people that do that, and as long as they're enjoying themselves, I've no problem.

Personally, I and my group tend to enjoy the 'outdoor' variety of pvp. We make life difficult for the Horde in a number of the Contested Areas. We routinely raid their towns and cities (yes, murdering a few citizens along the way). What reward do we get? Having a fun time. ^_^

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• TigerchaTigercha Member Posts: 182

I concur the PvP in all the MMO's I have played so far are lame, and the one in WoW is as was stated is a Grind Fest for school kids or the Un employed as a release for there non fulfilling woefull existence, but, Money talks, and venture capital will always follow the populist view, and we have quake and other games that fill the slot for a level playing field type PvP game, I suppose, but I still say there should be a mechanism built into the game to stop the PvP arenas being employed as Grind arena’s, this rank system has nothing to do with PvP more to do with time played, one more problem that people seem to miss that would cause problems is that people don’t like to loose, or be on a loosing team or side, many or most euro servers have massively unbalanced servers with Alliance populations occasionally three times more than there Horde counter parts http://www.warcraftrealms.com/ has some interesting statistics for servers, if it was a constant no hold barred, free for, with all area's contested, there would be no Horde players on these server, as they would be unable to even lvl up to put up a challenge, I changed sides from Alliance to Horde because I wanted to see what the Raids looked like from the loosing side for a change, and quite enjoy it, but by the same token, I would not join that side if I were to loose all my goodies every time I was ganked by a group<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• paravionparavion Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by BurningPain

It's farmcraft.

- farm for items

- farm for honor

- farm for dkp

- farm for reputation

- farm for TIER 1 set so you can farm for TIER 2 sets

Also about pvp....remove rez timer....it's lame as hell. 

reasons that it does not help the situation:

#1: camper still waits for you to rez no matter what because he is a camper and will never change

#2: campers from their experience knows how the rez timer work so will work along with the rez timer to kill you again

#3: the person being camped gets punished with rez-timer??? 5 min rez-timer when you died too many times? OMG....

#4: people who gank in neutral cities will still wait for their rez-timer and gank some more

#5: gankers will still pay the price to fix their broken items and gank some more because ROFL @ the person you killed pays off

/wait

/point

/rofl

/spit

Conclusion: this game is a time waster in many ways...you gotta love to have no life to play WOW

that means to the kids who don't like to to study or are too dumb to study and socialize

Originally posted by paravion
    Also about pvp....remove rez timer....it's lame as hell.
    reasons that it does not help the situation:
    #1: camper still waits for you to rez no matter what because he is a camper and will never change
    #2: campers from their experience knows how the rez timer work so will work along with the rez timer to kill you again
    #3: the person being camped gets punished with rez-timer??? 5 min rez-timer when you died too many times? OMG....
    #4: people who gank in neutral cities will still wait for their rez-timer and gank some more
    #5: gankers will still pay the price to fix their broken items and gank some more because ROFL @ the person you killed pays off
    /wait
    /point
    /rofl
    /spit
    Conclusion: this game is a time waster in many ways...you gotta love to have no life to play WOW
    that means to the kids who don't like to to study or are too dumb to study and socialize

Wow, I'm impressed Paravion. ::::12::

No, the rez timer is a good mechanic. If anything, the rez timer needs to be increased, especially in battlegrounds. The timer is there to prevent zergs.

Btw, if you're being camped, the Spirit Healer is your friend. ^_^

Ico

• pae_1337pae_1337 Member Posts: 40
    I would rather not loose items in PvP, money is ok.

Rez timer is fine...not sure how or why it would be considered lame. For one it keeps your opponent or opponents from zerging you with bad pvp strategy but ultimately overtaking you. There is not really any camping in this game that cant be stopped. Like Ico said , spirit healer is your friend. Unless they are camping at your corpse and the spirit healer...you arent being camped. YOU have the option to leave or call in back up , YOU should always expect your opponent to kill you immediately after u rez. If it happens more than twice...shame on you.

In other pvp games, camping would be killing you over and over again untill you log out. In wow, 99% of the time you have the option to hit the spirit healer , rez and leave. Should you have to leave? If you cant win the fight, yes you should and you should thank BLizz for giving you that option. If you choose to be on a pvp server , this is what you have to live with. Nothing out of the oridanary here.

• draketalondraketalon Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by BurningPain

Civilized PVP
    - PVP is heavily controlled, restricted and limited.
    - Most PVP takes place in "instances".
    - When you die in PVP you don't drop any of your gold or items.
    - You cannot message your enemies (removing any RPG element).
    - Big red name tags over your head so enemy players can you see you in case you try to setup an ambush.
    - Your friends are chosen for you.
    - Your team is chosen for you.

Barbaric War Like PVP, real WAR
    - PVP is NOT controlled, restricted or limited at all, as everyone has free will.
    - PVP takes place anywhere, anytime against anyone you please.
    - Remove all NPC guards. Players/guilds can occupy and take over a town by mere prescense alone (aka Darktide).
    - Absolutely no instances of any kind so no player can hide.
    - Dieing in PVP means you lose any cash you had on your character and you drop some or all of your items.
    - You can message anyone you please including your enemies.
    - There are no big red name tags over your head so you can ambush your enemies.
    - You choose your friends. So if a player hasn't killed you yet he might become your friend.
    - You choose your team. IF you want your guild to destroy everyone so be it.

So which does World of "War"craft fit under?
    *spit*
    BurningPain

is it me or do you guys just put to much time into thinking about this crap - just play and have fun with it. if you dont like it then hit the road to another game....its the best game to come ago yet IMO.. can it be improved in some ways? yes it can.. but everything can be improved....

Originally posted by Bama1267

Rez timer is fine...not sure how or why it would be considered lame. For one it keeps your opponent or opponents from zerging you with bad pvp strategy but ultimately overtaking you. There is not really any camping in this game that cant be stopped. Like Ico said , spirit healer is your friend. Unless they are camping at your corpse and the spirit healer...you arent being camped. YOU have the option to leave or call in back up , YOU should always expect your opponent to kill you immediately after u rez. If it happens more than twice...shame on you.
     In other pvp games, camping would be killing you over and over again untill you log out. In wow, 99% of the time you have the option to hit the spirit healer , rez and leave. Should you have to leave? If you cant win the fight, yes you should and you should thank BLizz for giving you that option. If you choose to be on a pvp server , this is what you have to live with. Nothing out of the oridanary here.

look i'm a rogue i never have to worry about campers. i'm a ganker, especially in gadgetzan and i don't want the rez timer. i'll still wait for the rez timer and gank and piss ppl off...  and what's with the net throwing by the guards? you whinners just can't stand pvp then go to a pve or role-playing server...
    I dont care what side of the coin you are on. The rez timer wont go away, its there for a reason.

Right Bama.
    The rez timer is there to prevent the almighty zerg. That being said, I don't recall ever getting on a timer that exceeded 2 mins. Imo, it should be a much longer wait.

Ico

Originally posted by IcoGames

Right Bama.
    The rez timer is there to prevent the almighty zerg. That being said, I don't recall ever getting on a timer that exceeded 2 mins. Imo, it should be a much longer wait.

It sounds like you don't really pvp...go role on a roleplaying or pve server
    The zerg doesnt =pvp, sorry. Zerg = lame

Right Bama. The rez timer is there to prevent the almighty zerg. That being said, I don't recall ever getting on a timer that exceeded 2 mins. Imo, it should be a much longer wait.

Yeah, asking for a greater death penatly sounds 'carebearish'.
    <sarcasm off>

Ico

Right Bama. The rez timer is there to prevent the almighty zerg. That being said, I don't recall ever getting on a timer that exceeded 2 mins. Imo, it should be a much longer wait.

<sarcasm off>

If you ever do world PVP and died a lot of times either because you died from ganking or being ganked it gets to 5 min on your rez timer... know your facts before you say something.

<sarcasm off>

... and died a lot of times

Hence our zerg statement

Yeah, asking for a greater death penatly sounds 'carebearish'.<sarcasm off>

If you ever do world PVP and died a lot of times either because you died from ganking or being ganked it gets to 5 min on your rez timer... know your facts before you say something.

I know reading's difficult for you, so I high-lighted the key phrase in my text above. I didn't state what the max rez timer was; just what I've experienced myself.

Actually I prefer world PvP, and have stated so on this forum.

Ico